3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Spoon Sports USA 2015 Fit SEMA Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 02:10 PM
5 Year Member
Can you post what parts were required for the rear brake mod?

Old 01-22-2015, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by SpoonSportsUSA
Full Monoblock calipers will not be available for the this car. We used them for prototyping and testing purposes. Since no one will use a 14" wheels or smaller on this car, they aren't necessary. They also require a lot of modifications to work. We've decided to go with the Twin Block Caliper as the standard kit for this Fit because they're a better option. The Twin Block Caliper is bigger and allows use of a larger rotor. These are currently available already. There is no factory bracket, the stock calipers bolt directly to the knuckle. The Spoon Twin Block Caliper will come with the appropriate mounting hardware to fit on the factory knuckle. You will also need the Spoon replacement rotor for the Twin Block Caliper which is larger than the factory rotor. fit.
Your build looks great.

I am interested in the twin block kit on the GE as i am contemplating on a set in the coming months. I understand the caliper fits as long as the rotor is upsized to 282mm units which is EK9 stock rotor sizes.

What i think is a little missing from the reading i've done is that the instruction manual that comes with the calipers didn't state how the supplied washer is to be used for the GE as they state the washer is to be inserted between the caliper and knuckle for the EK's and 96 DC2's while the washer is to be behind the knuckle for the 98 DC2's.

I understand it is for centering the caliper over the rotor. But, what about the GE's?

I also haven't been able to find a ride that already has this calipers installed to see how the pedal feels. I am more concerned with whether if there are any increase in pedal travel, the pedal feel and modulation as it wasn't designed specifically for this anyway but a possible fit.

Just not totally sure if how the differently sized master cylinder from the models would affect how it function on the Fit as i couldn't find the piston sizes on the stock calipers but i seen some mention that the total piston size is around or less than 10% increase from the stock which is within acceptable range and would not affect the pedal travel.

The prototype monoblock looks cool though, are they not made by Nissin?

Last edited by butthead; 01-22-2015 at 08:19 PM.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by butthead
Your build looks great.

I am interested in the twin block kit on the GE as i am contemplating on a set in the coming months. I understand the caliper fits as long as the rotor is upsized to 282mm units which is EK9 stock rotor sizes.

What i think is a little missing from the reading i've done is that the instruction manual that comes with the calipers didn't state how the supplied washer is to be used for the GE as they state the washer is to be inserted between the caliper and knuckle for the EK's and 96 DC2's while the washer is to be behind the knuckle for the 98 DC2's.

I understand it is for centering the caliper over the rotor. But, what about the GE's?

I also haven't been able to find a ride that already has this calipers installed to see how the pedal feels. I am more concerned with whether if there are any increase in pedal travel, the pedal feel and modulation as it wasn't designed specifically for this anyway but a possible fit.

Just not totally sure if how the differently sized master cylinder from the models would affect how it function on the Fit as i couldn't find the piston sizes on the stock calipers but i seen some mention that the total piston size is around or less than 10% increase from the stock which is within acceptable range and would not affect the pedal travel.

The prototype monoblock looks cool though, are they not made by Nissin?
The included washer is only required for some applications. As you can see the same kit is used for 6 different cars and some people don't choose to use the Spoon rotor. So you basically install the kit and if the caliper is not centered on the rotor, you use the washer to offset it.

The pedal feel and length will not change over stock due to the caliper. It is designed to be used with the factory master cylinder. The fluid displacement is the same on all applications the kit is designed for. However, different pads compounds will change the modulation and feel.

The prototype FULL monoblock calipers are still made my Nissin and will be likely be used on the kit we introduce for the S660.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by naps1saps
Can you post what parts were required for the rear brake mod?
Honda OEM JDM Disc Brake Caliper Conversion

Last edited by SpoonSportsUSA; 01-30-2015 at 02:25 PM.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:11 AM
The included washer is only required for some applications. As you can see the same kit is used for 6 different cars and some people don't choose to use the Spoon rotor. So you basically install the kit and if the caliper is not centered on the rotor, you use the washer to offset it.

The pedal feel and length will not change over stock due to the caliper. It is designed to be used with the factory master cylinder. The fluid displacement is the same on all applications the kit is designed for. However, different pads compounds will change the modulation and feel.

The prototype FULL monoblock calipers are still made my Nissin and will be likely be used on the kit we introduce for the S660.
Thanks. I get you on the travel since the piston size did not vary by much i presume.

I thought the caliper stiffness affects the modulation as well?

Old 01-26-2015, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by butthead
Thanks. I get you on the travel since the piston size did not vary by much i presume.

I thought the caliper stiffness affects the modulation as well?
Caliper rigidity will not directly help with modulation but instead help better use of the pad. You will get better brake pad contact to the rotor, more consistent pad wear and application. So as a result, more efficient use of the pad will help with modulation.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:31 PM
Caliper rigidity will not directly help with modulation but instead help better use of the pad. You will get better brake pad contact to the rotor, more consistent pad wear and application. So as a result, more efficient use of the pad will help with modulation.
Thanks. That's something new for me

Old 01-30-2015, 02:24 PM
Spoon has also introduced a Carbon hood for the GK Fit. Unfortunately it wasn't finished in time for our demo car.

The steering hub we used on our demo car has also been released.

Last edited by SpoonSportsUSA; 01-30-2015 at 03:18 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:28 PM
Story or Theme of the vehicle. Built for a particular purpose, etc.:
Spoon Sports is a pioneer in Honda tuning and racing. The Spoon Sports Super Taikyu 2015 Honda Fit was designed with endurance racing in mind, built with an emphasis on efficiency, reliability, and driver comfort. Using endurance racing as a test-bed, Spoon Sports develops and produces a wide range of tuning parts for Honda cars, many of which are featured and tested on this car.

Powertrain Modifications:
- Spoon Sports Air Cleaner
- Spoon Sports Intake Manifold
- Spoon Sports Low Temp Thermostat
- Spoon Sports Magnetic Drain Bolts
- Spoon Sports Oil Filler Cap
- Spoon Sports Radiator Cap
- Spoon Sports Reservoir Covers
- Spoon Sports Spark Plugs
- Spoon Sports Super Taikyu Titanium Exhaust
- Spoon Sports Venturi Throttle Body
- Spoon Sports Yellow Valve Cover
- Kinetic Custom Machine Lithium Battery Tray

Chassis/Suspension Modifications:
- Spoon Sports Brake Lines
- Spoon Sports Brake Pads
- Spoon Sports Prototype Full Monoblock Calipers
- Spoon Sports Prototype Full Spec Dampers
- Spoon Sports Subframe Rigid Collars
- Spoon Sports USA One-Off Front Rotors
- JDM Honda Genuine Rear Disc Brake Conversion
- JDM Honda Genuine Rear Subframe

Exterior Modifications:
- Spoon Sports Aero Mirrors
- Spoon Sports Wheel Nuts
- Spoon Sports Windshield Wipers
- Spoon Sports USA One-Off Carbon Kevlar Sunroof Delete
- JDM Honda Genuine Fit RS Front Bumper
- JDM Honda Genuine Fit RS Side Skirts
- JDM Honda Genuine Fit RS Rear Bumper
- JDM Honda Genuine Fit RS Roof Spoiler
- JDM Honda Genuine Fit RS Front Grill
- JDM Honda Genuine Fit RS Emblems
- JDM Honda Genuine LED Projector Headlights
- JDM Honda Genuine LED Front Marker Lights
- JDM Honda Genuine Tail Lights
- ASM Dry Carbon License Plate
- ASM Short Antenna
- ASM Titanium License Plate Bolts
- Rays Volk Racing CE28 Club Racer Wheels F:15x7+10 R:15x7+28
- Yokohama ADVAN 190/580-15 Slick Tires
- PPG Paint by Signature Autobody

Interior Modifications:
- Spoon Sports Blue Wide Rear View Mirror
- Spoon Sports Carbon Bucket Seats
- Spoon Sports Shift Knob
- Spoon Sports Steering Boss
- Spoon Sports Steering Wheel
- Spoon Sports Super Taikyu Roll Cage
- Spoon Sports USA One-Off Carbon Door Panels
- Takata Racing Seat Belt Harnesses

Old 01-30-2015, 02:36 PM
Name:  SEMA2014-0318_zpsjkxfk4hj.jpg
Views: 2289
Size:  90.4 KB

Last edited by SpoonSportsUSA; 01-30-2015 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:38 PM
Sorry this is off topic, but does anyone know if you can order something, such as the new GK5 exhaust - tail silencer [N1] from Spoon's Japanese site from the US? In other words can I have it shipped to my house here in the US?

I went through the order process on their site with paypal and it seemed to be working, I just didnt hit 'accept' to place the order.

The Spoon car is sooo beautiful! Thanks for all the continued updates and pics!

Old 01-30-2015, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by robertsmithfromthecure
Sorry this is off topic, but does anyone know if you can order something, such as the new GK5 exhaust - tail silencer [N1] from Spoon's Japanese site from the US? In other words can I have it shipped to my house here in the US?

I went through the order process on their site with paypal and it seemed to be working, I just didnt hit 'accept' to place the order.

The Spoon car is sooo beautiful! Thanks for all the continued updates and pics!
We are the US branch of Spoon that represents the brand and handles their US operations and logisitics. There are many authorized US dealers for Spoon products you can purchase from and I recommend finding a reputable one and contacting them. I would stay away from buying directly from Japan because you will get no product support that way.

Old 01-30-2015, 03:23 PM
Administrator
Authorized Spoon Sports USA Dealers as per the website:

Dealers

Support authenticity!

Old 01-30-2015, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member
Spoon has also introduced a Carbon hood for the GK Fit. Unfortunately it wasn't finished in time for our demo car.

How much does the carbon fiber hood weigh?

Old 01-30-2015, 08:06 PM
Spoon Carbon hood weighs 4.2kg (9.25 lbs). A 3.6kg (8 lbs) savings over the factory 7.8kg (17.16 lbs) hood.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
Spoon Carbon hood weighs 4.2kg (9.25 lbs). A 3.6kg (8 lbs) savings over the factory 7.8kg (17.16 lbs) hood.
Excellent! Thank you for the info and the quick response.

Old 01-31-2015, 06:57 PM
Whoa SpoonSportsUSA! I'm just a lover (with my new Fit) and definitely a spectator. I just checked in on your thread for the first time and it is definitely full of Oomph! The pics are magnetizing, and I look forward to fully checking out the content.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
It appears that it attaches to the Honda hinges .

Two quick questions

1) Is it dry carbon ?

2) Is it clear coated ?

Thanks

Old 02-02-2015, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by Popeye
It appears that it attaches to the Honda hinges .

Two quick questions

1) Is it dry carbon ?

2) Is it clear coated ?

Thanks
If it was dry carbon, it would be 3x the price. Spoon chooses not to go this route because of cost/benefit. The hood as a clear resin finish but we recommend clear coating yourself to get a better shine/finish and durability.

Old 02-14-2015, 05:23 PM
If it was dry carbon, it would be 3x the price. Spoon chooses not to go this route because of cost/benefit. The hood as a clear resin finish but we recommend clear coating yourself to get a better shine/finish and durability.
Where can we purchase the hood from? I've got tax money to spend! lol.

Quick Reply: Spoon Sports USA 2015 Fit SEMA Build