3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GK Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2020, 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by Elpapas
I’m running cold air Intake rv6 no cats no resonator with a apex exhaust and is loud specially after I got ktuner either the street tune the pops sound great specially went down shift a have the 6mt I love it
Originally Posted by elkaku
I have these combination plus i changed the B pipe sectionand also removed the middle resonator.... and believe me it sounds better!! Louder, but better🥰🥰🥰
Y’all are crazy! I just took the car for a night time rip and it totally burbles and pops. No resonator??!! Larger mid pipe?! I don’t know how I’d deal with the noise lol. It sounds throaty and deep but like the burbles and popping on the up shifts are crazy lol. This is supposed to be my civilized daily driver!

That being said, it has opened up a bit on the top end. With the KTuner tune it pulls hard right to red line and I ended up bouncing on the limiter a few times because it felt like it wanted to keep pulling. The engines always liked being revved up high, but the exhaust opening up seems to have made the top end feel more linear compared to stock. Hopefully I get used to it because it is fun when you’re being a little sh*t disturber in the neighborhood lol.

Old 08-09-2020, 12:50 AM
Dd

98 miles daily love it 6mt ripping gear all day every day 😎

Old 08-09-2020, 08:27 AM
5 Year Member

The 2020 look with the black and red center caps
I like your roof rack. It was very difficult to find one recently. I eventually ordered a Rhino-Rack, but it took almost a month to receive the whole thing. Delivery was spread over several weeks and four boxes. I'm in the process of putting it together. I want to make some kind of wind deflector.

Old 08-09-2020, 11:21 AM
Plexiglass

home depo should have what you need let us know how it does

Old 08-09-2020, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
home depo should have what you need let us know how it does
First I have to get the rack on the car.

There are a few online articles about how to make on. My only concern is having something touching the roof and scratching through the paint.

Old 08-09-2020, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
First I have to get the rack on the car.

There are a few online articles about how to make on. My only concern is having something touching the roof and scratching through the paint.
put the rubber door molding that they sale at the Autozone it protects your door when you open the door in parking lots that are small the should fix your worries

Old 08-09-2020, 06:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Azuki
Y’all are crazy! I just took the car for a night time rip and it totally burbles and pops. No resonator??!! Larger mid pipe?! I don’t know how I’d deal with the noise lol. It sounds throaty and deep but like the burbles and popping on the up shifts are crazy lol. This is supposed to be my civilized daily driver!

That being said, it has opened up a bit on the top end. With the KTuner tune it pulls hard right to red line and I ended up bouncing on the limiter a few times because it felt like it wanted to keep pulling. The engines always liked being revved up high, but the exhaust opening up seems to have made the top end feel more linear compared to stock. Hopefully I get used to it because it is fun when you’re being a little sh*t disturber in the neighborhood lol.

Azuki... do you have an instagram account...? Go to mi fits page... @kaku_gk5 and check my mods out......

Old 08-13-2020, 09:36 AM
5 Year Member
That color is sick!! How much was that?

Old 08-14-2020, 06:32 PM
5 Year Member
EGR block off

I finally chopped the sharkfin off the EGR bracket that sits smack Dab in the middle of the intake manifold. I welded it shut. I lowered my rear finally on my BR digressive coilovers. I rainx'd the windshield and hit the interior with anti fog. I am racing tomorrow with Washington dc scca at summit point west Virginia on the shenandoah track, supposedly the most technical track in the nation. 30% chance of rain... I'll grab some vids.

Old 08-14-2020, 06:40 PM
Nice

I may do the some if if works let us know

Old 08-14-2020, 09:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Z062FIT
I finally chopped the sharkfin off the EGR bracket that sits smack Dab in the middle of the intake manifold. I welded it shut. I lowered my rear finally on my BR digressive coilovers. I rainx'd the windshield and hit the interior with anti fog. I am racing tomorrow with Washington dc scca at summit point west Virginia on the shenandoah track, supposedly the most technical track in the nation. 30% chance of rain... I'll grab some vids.
Pretty nice mod!! I have it on my to do list, as soon as im sure the EGR stuff CAN be 100% disabled through the KTuner... since thata is the las restriction on my intake setup....

Old 08-14-2020, 09:51 PM
5 Year Member
I drove it about 15 miles and it didn't throw a code. Will drive 300 tomorrow so I'll know for sure. I'm going to block it at the down pipe too since it heats the head unnecessarily... it seemed to increase exhaust burbles which happened on all my other intake mods as well...

Old 08-15-2020, 08:01 AM
5 Year Member
I drove it about 15 miles and it didn't throw a code. Will drive 300 tomorrow so I'll know for sure. I'm going to block it at the down pipe too since it heats the head unnecessarily... it seemed to increase exhaust burbles which happened on all my other intake mods as well...
NICE!!! please let us know how it behaves!!

Also...do you own any engine management that allows you to disable the EGR stuff...?

Old 08-15-2020, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by elkaku
Azuki... do you have an instagram account...? Go to mi fits page... @kaku_gk5 and check my mods out......
I don’t have insta, I don’t even have facebook lol. But I like your instagram progress of your intake mods. They would work really well with Z062’s EGR delete I think, since the restriction would pretty much just be the diameter of the intake manifold at that point. How’s the Fit breathe with the open grill??

Nice welds, glad to hear its running. Did you end up plugging or straight welding it shut?? Think it’s worth taking a dremel and grinding the welds flat? It’s already a huge increase in cross sectional area, so I don’t know if it would do anything. Excited to hear about the race results!

Old 08-15-2020, 08:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Azuki
I don’t have insta, I don’t even have facebook lol. But I like your instagram progress of your intake mods. They would work really well with Z062’s EGR delete I think, since the restriction would pretty much just be the diameter of the intake manifold at that point. How’s the Fit breathe with the open grill??
Well its working pretty well!! And besides helping out with lowering the intake temp and flowing a bit better in combination with the sumole air cooler it helps with lowering coolant temperature since the radiator has more air flowing directly to it..

Old 08-16-2020, 09:15 AM
5 Year Member
EGR block off

Quick warning, I did get the check engine light Christmas tree about 30 minutes into the drive to the track. Car ran fine though. I disconnected the battery and the lights went away. Then they would show up again. I also got a weird message on my ktuner asking if I wanted to recover my tune. The car ran beautifully, fastest I've been on any track and not the longest straightaway. Me and my friend raced neck and neck all day in his 600whp Z06. I got the pass by here...

Old 08-16-2020, 05:07 PM
Installed non-spoon rigid collars (I have two more sets if anyone’s in Ontario and is interested). Installed Hasport Torque mount (70a). Initial NVH was shocking. It vibrated the entire cabin and it sounded like the entire front panel was about to vibrate off. I’m about 50km of driving and the NVH is starting to settle down. It still is maddeningly loud at idle, especially on inclines, and but surprisingly isn’t entirely bad at highway speed. At 3000/3500 rpm at about 115km/h (70 freedom units) it’s maybe just under twice as loud as stock.

Driving feel, noticeable improvement in shifting feel, not as crispy as some sports cars I’ve driven, but noticeably notchier. I never had wheel hop with these tires, but I definitely don’t feel the engine rocking back and forth during accel/deceleration anymore. Rigid collars did make things feel tighter, but I don’t drive on the track, and I haven’t pushed my car really. I can’t say what it’s done exactly, it just feels like the steering and movement is just... tighter. I can ‘feel’ how soft my stock suspension is... I don’t know how to describe but I kinda like it. Car feels lighter and more nimble in a way. Strange, but I like it so far. Only complain is the NVH transmitted into the cabin.

I’ve also just rolled into 16,000km on my Fit (Happy rollover!)

Overall my Fit has gone from humble commuter to little shit disturbing ricer lol. It’s fun I’ll admit. Next project is longer term, either secondary ram-air intake for stock airbox, or force induction which is a long term project I’ve been gathering parts for over the last 2 years. If I win the lottery I’m getting an mFactory helical diff, which is currently a year or two away saving at my current rate.

Quick warning, I did get the check engine light Christmas tree about 30 minutes into the drive to the track. Car ran fine though. I disconnected the battery and the lights went away. Then they would show up again. I also got a weird message on my ktuner asking if I wanted to recover my tune. The car ran beautifully, fastest I've been on any track and not the longest straightaway. Me and my friend raced neck and neck all day in his 600whp Z06. I got the pass by here... https://youtu.be/lPlmLqtGiuU
Lol at the start of the video i looked at the corner of the screen thought you were pulling 1.4 lateral gs, before I realized what was happening. That being said your cars handling very nicely in the corners. Can you say anything about the comparison before/after the EGR delete? Does it have a noticeable effect on HP curve? I’d like to see what happens with something like elkaku’s S2k throttle body without the EGR restriction. I remember back when Myxal was doing mods, he said larger TB had no effect, but I’d like to see where things compare when these mods are done together.

Cool update, thanks for sharing the Z06 dogfight video!

Old 08-16-2020, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
EGR block off

it felt immediately better and the exhaust increased in pops between gears. You're talking about an object that is blocking like 20% of your air. Because I have a ported manifold, throttle body, ram air, weapon r intake, rv6 dp ktuner, and exhaust, I think all of it works together... not worried about the welds, more worried smoothing would expose a hole. You should try some poly bushings on the a arms and rear end. I have the m factory diff here and will install with the clutch masters clutch and lightened flywheel this month! Will be racing VIR in September

Old 08-16-2020, 06:22 PM
it felt immediately better and the exhaust increased in pops between gears. You're talking about an object that is blocking like 20% of your air. Because I have a ported manifold, throttle body, ram air, weapon r intake, rv6 dp ktuner, and exhaust, I think all of it works together... not worried about the welds, more worried smoothing would expose a hole. You should try some poly bushings on the a arms and rear end. I have the m factory diff here and will install with the clutch masters clutch and lightened flywheel this month! Will be racing VIR in September
Woo~! stoked to see some onboard footage! You’ve done a lot of the things I want for my car. I’ve got like 1/3 of the mods you’ve done, and it’s cool to know each adds up!

The rigid collars gave me a bit of a scare, I’m not used to working on anything more than old carbureted bikes so when I had to really elbow grease things like the rear axle because the bolt hole wasn’t lining up it was a bit nerve wracking (don’t even get me started on prying the front subframe haha). I looked at bushings but it doesn’t look like something I can install with ramps and a lift, although I did casually look at these: https://www.powerflex.co.uk/products...29-3168/1.html . Maybe I’ll watch some install videos and see how tough it is. I’ve also just dropped like 200 bucks on alignments over the last 30 days which kinda hurts the wallet, and also makes me want to wait a bit before doing any more suspension work .

Old 08-16-2020, 06:39 PM
nice

I’m loving the feed back great job guys

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GK Fit today?