Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation (2015+) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/)
-   -   What did you do to your GK Fit today? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/87459-what-did-you-do-your-gk-fit-today.html)

Vanguard 09-19-2016 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by exl500 (Post 1354412)
Parked it after a 4800 mile trip from TN (anyone near Nashville must see the Bellissimma! Exhibit of Italian cars at the Frist), WI, PA, ME, VA, and back home to FL.

If I loved the car before, now I bow down to it. Nothing went wrong, and nothing annoyed. The TPMS went off once; we put air in the offending tire. We carried a vast amount of stuff, and got out of the car completely relaxed each evening.

Unscientifically, we got about 39 mpg. I counted 13 other GK'S I saw on the whole trip. Wouldn't trade this car for anything.

My wife just asked me about that exhibit. I thought it was just a replay of a similar show two years ago, but this time, as you mentioned, it is all about the Italian cars only. I think we are going. Several years ago they had an excellent Egyptian exhibit, that I pulled my kids out of school for at least twice, just to see it again (they were in middle and grade school then).

We love the Frist! Built in the 1930's and all in Art Deco. It is something to explore. You certainly don't see marble and brass like that in the Post Office of today. I can remember when it was an actual post office. Back in the day, on April 15th, it was the only post office in town where you could drop off your tax return in front of the building by midnight and have an actual mailman accept it. You just pulled up in front, using the 1/2 circle drive, and delivered your return.

Shame I did not know you were coming to town, we would have bought both of you dinner! Next time let me know (I still check this site at least once a month).

spets 09-19-2016 09:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Recently bought my GK Fit, and started modding it out. Replaced all interior LEDs with Superbrightled bulbs, replaced the headlight lights with LEDs, replaced the turn signals with Triton V3s from VLEDs.

Did a detail with an application of Optimum Gloss Coat, added door edge film, the cargo cover, weathertech floormats. Also installed an auto dimming mirror with homelink, I missed that from my Acura TL. Next on the list is splashguards.

Future plans include LED foglights and possibily the Progress rear sway bar. Can you tell I like LEDs? :P

Attachment 10158

Attachment 10159

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...psx9dpk8bj.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...psax7tkbak.jpg

Attachment 10160

tsand19151 09-19-2016 11:04 PM

Nice!!! I'm getting a new mirror as well. Where did you tap the 12volt connection? Are the LED headlights hard to replace? Where can I find them?

spets 09-19-2016 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by tsand19151 (Post 1354768)
Nice!!! I'm getting a new mirror as well. Where did you tap the 12volt connection? Are the LED headlights hard to replace? Where can I find them?

Mine was homelink and dimming, so I had to do an ignition source and battery source. Ignition was using the accessory fuse location, battery was using an empty spot in the fusebox. If you're just doing dimming then its only going to be one wire (plus ground).

LED headlights are easy to do. The ones I got, I found on Amazon. Search for Amak H4 LED.

tsand19151 09-20-2016 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by spets (Post 1354772)
Mine was homelink and dimming, so I had to do an ignition source and battery source. Ignition was using the accessory fuse location, battery was using an empty spot in the fusebox. If you're just doing dimming then its only going to be one wire (plus ground).

LED headlights are easy to do. The ones I got, I found on Amazon. Search for Amak H4 LED.

Thank you so very much!!!!

SilverEX15 09-20-2016 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by spets (Post 1354760)
Recently bought my GK Fit, and started modding it out. Replaced all interior LEDs with Superbrightled bulbs, replaced the headlight lights with LEDs, replaced the turn signals with Triton V3s from VLEDs.

Did a detail with an application of Optimum Gloss Coat, added door edge film, the cargo cover, weathertech floormats. Also installed an auto dimming mirror with homelink, I missed that from my Acura TL. Next on the list is splashguards.

Future plans include LED foglights and possibily the Progress rear sway bar. Can you tell I like LEDs? :P

I love LEDs - have them in my house, too. What did you use for LED headlights? Any problems?

exl500 09-20-2016 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Vanguard (Post 1354741)
[U]Shame I did not know you were coming to town, we would have bought both of you dinner! Next time let me know (I still check this site at least once a month).

That would have been nice. We were there only the morning for the Lane and then the Frist. We were gone by two.

SilverEX15 09-20-2016 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by spets (Post 1354772)

Thanks. I found the Amak H4 LEDs on Amazon. How do they work out as DRLs? Very bright?

spets 09-20-2016 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by SilverEX15 (Post 1354832)
Thanks. I found the Amak H4 LEDs on Amazon. How do they work out as DRLs? Very bright?

No problems with DRL, they dim when on the DRL setting. Obviously still bright, but I don't think it's too bright.

KentFinn 09-21-2016 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by exl500 (Post 1354825)
That would have been nice. We were there only the morning for the Lane and then the Frist. We were gone by two.

As a native Nashvillian (endangered species) I've been to the old post office (now the Frist) many times The Frist gained its name from the Frist Foundation, founders of HCA and the former US Senator Frist.

A friend was standing outside the hotel close to the museum and a pair of northern business were near by and one commented to the other, "Just like these ignorant hillbillies, they cannot even spell "first"!!"

FRist, dummies, not FIrst.

orataro 09-21-2016 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by spets (Post 1354876)
No problems with DRL, they dim when on the DRL setting. Obviously still bright, but I don't think it's too bright.

I too recently switched to LED headlights but after a week they started to flicker. It was due to the DRL's. DRL's run on 6-8 volts whereas the LED's require at least 9 volts to run properly. It wasn't noticeable at first but my dash cam caught it and looked as if they were in a strobe mode. I closely checked my LED's headlights while in DRL mode and sure enough they were flickering.

As suggested by the retailer to remove the DRL fuse I did and all is well now. I use my fog lights as my DRL's now.

spets 09-21-2016 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by orataro (Post 1354928)

As suggested by the retailer to remove the DRL fuse I did and all is well now. I use my fog lights as my DRL's now.

Don't the foglights only come on when the headlights are on? Or did you rewire them?

orataro 09-21-2016 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by spets (Post 1354938)
Don't the foglights only come on when the headlights are on? Or did you rewire them?

I have the LX model which didn't come with fog lights. I have a set of aftermarket fog lights with DRL.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fit...b9c17179b3.jpg

defcon86nwh 09-22-2016 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by KentFinn (Post 1354906)
As a native Nashvillian (endangered species) I've been to the old post office (now the Frist) many times The Frist gained its name from the Frist Foundation, founders of HCA and the former US Senator Frist.

A friend was standing outside the hotel close to the museum and a pair of northern business were near by and one commented to the other, "Just like these ignorant hillbillies, they cannot even spell "first"!!"

FRist, dummies, not FIrst.

:wavey: I'm north of Nashville, but work in Nashville.

Didn't take any pics, but I bought some Aries floor mats and got the tint done yesterday.

SilverEX15 09-22-2016 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by orataro (Post 1354940)
I have the LX model which didn't come with fog lights. I have a set of aftermarket fog lights with DRL.

Beautiful!

SilverEX15 09-22-2016 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by spets (Post 1354938)

State laws limit the number of lights on the front of a car that can be lit at the same time. It can be confusing, but I can't imagine cops counting lights at night. :D

KentFinn 09-22-2016 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by SilverEX15 (Post 1354975)
State laws limit the number of lights on the front of a car that can be lit at the same time. It can be confusing, but I can't imagine cops counting lights at night. :D

But they might get you on a "hummmer" ... stopped you cause they don't like your looks, the car, whatever, but cannot find a real reason. "Turn on your lights.. all of them". More frequently is "Let me see your pocket knife." In the south, most males carry a pocket knife and if it measures x inches, it's ok, but if it measures x+0.1 inches ... hummm you're carrying a concealed weapon.

Boy, you're in a world of hurt.

DannyJ7 09-22-2016 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by KByers12 (Post 1353663)
I don't want to actually remove it, I just want to pop it off and dip it, but I'm afraid that some of the pieces are screwed in.

All the dash silver stuff pops off. Take a look at my build. If it's on the dash and red, they come right off. Anything left silver would require much more effort.

Fitster C. 09-24-2016 11:57 AM

Well, Dang!!

Terrible 2?? My 2015 EX sits in afternoon sun in my carport, and apparently the adhesive attaching the floor molding to the carpet (just behind the driver's heels) just gave up the ghost. Regardless of circumstances, this qualifies in my book as a design flaw failure. The molding is applied to a firm base over most of the area that did not curl up and die, but the detached area is rubbery/plastic stuff glued to a SOFT, pliable undersurface beneath the carpet. My 30 lb double-sided tape fix will probably last about 6-7 hours, so I'm in the market for front Weatherbeaters, that will cover the problem area almost completely. Should I just go to Weatherbeaters.com, or is there some place I should shop for a worthwhile discount? Any suggestions would be most gratefully received. :D

Tape backing still in place:
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fit...7a8b7ff5bd.jpg
Blech:

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fit...6694217f61.jpg

orataro 09-26-2016 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Fitster C. (Post 1355140)
Terrible 2?? My 2015 EX sits in afternoon sun in my carport, and apparently the adhesive attaching the floor molding to the carpet (just behind the driver's heels) just gave up the ghost. Regardless of circumstances, this qualifies in my book as a design flaw failure. The molding is applied to a firm base over most of the area that did not curl up and die, but the detached area is rubbery/plastic stuff glued to a SOFT, pliable undersurface beneath the carpet. My 30 lb double-sided tape fix will probably last about 6-7 hours, so I'm in the market for front Weatherbeaters, that will cover the problem area almost completely. Should I just go to Weatherbeaters.com, or is there some place I should shop for a worthwhile discount? Any suggestions would be most gratefully received. :D

Tape backing still in place:
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fit...7a8b7ff5bd.jpg
Blech:

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fit...6694217f61.jpg

I think you might be best using carpet tape. You can buy it at most Lowes stores. It's pretty much a double side duct tape.