3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2015 Fit Factory Front Bumper Mis-Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 01:46 AM
Originally Posted by Thundercracker
That is a complete load of crap. If it were true then the new ones on the lot would have the same problem. Besides, none of our cars are a year old yet.

What you need to do is escalate your complaint. You paid for a car in perfect condition and assuming you haven't had an accident, it should still be perfect.

I have a complete record of every service and tank of gas I have put in my car. It is ok to demand excellence.
Yeah, I hit nothing to my front bumper.

Old 04-05-2015, 01:49 AM
Originally Posted by hongzhibin1987
well.
I hate to say that but
My wife kind hit our brand new fit's front bumper on a cement column couple weeks ago.left several stretches on the front, and i pushed the ding-dong'ed front bumper back to its position. later i realized there was a big gap between the bumper and the hood area, and i send the car back to HONDA service.
The maintenance guy examined it and said it was fine. and he later showed me a brand new car and=--------------------------that one even has a bigger gap than my hit ones.
Now i feed better for myself (weak human...) and bad for you guys.
The good thing is, it is within the tolerance range (should be).
educate me more if i'm wrong.
I saw some car (including Fit on the lot) has no gap at all. Mine has a bigger gap. I can see the bumper clips through the gap.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member
I had the same problem, the dealer where my cousin works, told me the clips holding the bumper are not that great at holding it tighten. I checked unsold FITs on the lot, they are all have the same issues. So we are not alone. If the bumper fall off, my cousin will take care of it.

Old 07-06-2015, 01:57 PM
Honda sold me a car with a defective bumper and is still others with defective bumper

I'm having the same problem with my 2015 Fit and I have less than 2500 miles, I have been to the Dealership twice already and before I took it in I was able to lift the bumper so it would align but only stay for a couple miles, now after being worked on by the dealership a couple times it is way off and will not go back in place at all. Now Dealership sent me to American Honda and American Honda sends me back to the same dealership that tells me that is the best they can do. I'm going to file a complaint with the BBB, since American Honda is no longer calling me back after the car hit the 30 day mark. The problem started after 300 miles and car was in for service after the first week that I bought it. I've notice that the Dealership's sales lot has a couple Fits that the bumper is already starting to sag. Not fair since I've been a loyal customer and have not even thought of buying another brand because of the quality of my old Hondas, this company is no longer the same as before and maybe i'll go with Toyota when it's tome to replace the 2001 Civic and 2008 Pilot. I traded my 2013 CRV for this low quality and overpriced car, I should have just bought a Tacoma like it was originally going but decided not to after seeing the 2016 Honda Pilot that I will not be buying anymore..

Old 07-07-2015, 05:44 PM
Just wanted to check in, ive not been on the forums for a while. I have a WOP 6MT EX. Took ownership around mid August/ early September of 2014 from Right Honda Scottsdale, AZ.

I just brought the car in to honda for a oil change, im around 8500 on the ODO.

i had two issues that started to show, and gotten worse.

the misaligned bumper on this topic. Since day one it didn't sit flush, and it got worse over the course of the year; so i finally asked them to check it out.

the left plastic dash piece that does not sit flush to the entirety of the dash.

got my oil changed, and the warranty manager came to look at the car, says they will try to fix those things as they are aware of QC issues from their plant in Mexico.

I got a call back just right now; they said they disassembled my front bumper and added some supporting foam pieces; the bumper now sits flush from what they say; i'll take photos later for you guys to see.

About the dash piece, they said it maybe defective, and already put it in order for warranty work.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
Subscribed

Old 07-08-2015, 06:39 AM
Originally Posted by ETFitRS
I got a call back just right now; they said they disassembled my front bumper and added some supporting foam pieces; the bumper now sits flush from what they say; i'll take photos later for you guys to see. About the dash piece, they said it maybe defective, and already put it in order for warranty work.
Sure sounds like you have a pretty reputable dealer on your hands.

Old 07-08-2015, 04:41 PM
jhn
Originally Posted by ETFitRS
Just wanted to check in, ive not been on the forums for a while. I have a WOP 6MT EX. Took ownership around mid August/ early September of 2014 from Right Honda Scottsdale, AZ.

I just brought the car in to honda for a oil change, im around 8500 on the ODO.

i had two issues that started to show, and gotten worse.

the misaligned bumper on this topic. Since day one it didn't sit flush, and it got worse over the course of the year; so i finally asked them to check it out.

the left plastic dash piece that does not sit flush to the entirety of the dash.

got my oil changed, and the warranty manager came to look at the car, says they will try to fix those things as they are aware of QC issues from their plant in Mexico.

I got a call back just right now; they said they disassembled my front bumper and added some supporting foam pieces; the bumper now sits flush from what they say; i'll take photos later for you guys to see.

About the dash piece, they said it maybe defective, and already put it in order for warranty work.
That's what that foam is for!

When I installed my sport grille it fell off during removal. You can see it here. Black rectangular piece sitting at an angle on the lower driver's side. It has adhesive on one side. I'd like to get one or two more to add more support. Does Honda have these available? They are s pretty firm foam, like styrofoam:

Old 07-24-2015, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
I took delivery of my fit with 23 miles on board. First thing I notice is the misaligned bumper at the front driver's side. The passenger side looks good.
I took video footage right away for my records. It's not as bad as some of the photos uploaded by you guys, so I just learned to ignore it.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:37 PM
Anyone just say f'it and try these yet? Seems like a cheap fix except for the holes.

http://allfitautomotive.com/all-fit-...quick-release/

Found these too that seem way better and should hold the bumper up snug.
http://www.quik-latch.com/

Last edited by roksta; 07-30-2015 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Link
Old 08-14-2015, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member
When I bought my Fit, the bumper was nice and tight. Over the past 7,000 miles the gap between the fender and the bumper cover has grown badly. The gap has grown to about 1/8" at the top. I've had the car back to the dealer, but, just like the dashboard alignment issue, the dealer has been unable to fix this. They just tell me, "that's the best we can do, and you're just going to have to live with it."

Must be nice to have a job where failure is acceptable, unlike my job.

Frankly, I'm becoming disappointed and disillusioned with this car. If neither Honda nor the dealer can fix these minor issues, what hope do I have if something serious should develop? I'm beginning to think I should cut my losses and get rid of the car, since the dealer I purchased it from seems to be absolutely useless.

I'm beginning to wish I still had my '09 Fit. It had none of these issues.

Old 05-02-2016, 01:14 PM
This weekend I noticed my front bumper cover is starting to sag, too. Just like in the other photos, mine is very closely mated at the bottom of the bumper, but the gap is widening near the top. If I push up on the bumper it closes a little, but when I let go, it goes right back to where it was.

Old 05-02-2016, 02:54 PM
jhn
If you're willing and capable of removing your front bumper cover, it's a fairly easy and permanent fix:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...y-15-ex-6.html

Old 05-02-2016, 04:32 PM
I got a 2015 FIT EX stick shift in gray around 5000+ miles. I too, have a problem with sagging bumper though not as bad as pictured here. Can anybody in the forum post a how to in removing the front and rear bumpers. I have been to my dealer before for a different reason, let's just say i would prefer to do it my self than returning to them.

Old 05-02-2016, 04:39 PM
wow yours looks way more out to lunch than mine. it seems on mine, it is just the passenger front corner that is mis-aligned. i never had the dealer look at it cause i would get a run around so i just live with it. one day i will pull it off and see if i cant get it closer but meh, whatever.

Old 05-02-2016, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs down

The '16s have the same issue fresh from the factory of Japan . Drove this in late February .

Attached Thumbnails 2015 Fit Factory Front Bumper Mis-Alignment-dscf6460.jpg   2015 Fit Factory Front Bumper Mis-Alignment-dscf6459.jpg   2015 Fit Factory Front Bumper Mis-Alignment-dscf6454.jpg   2015 Fit Factory Front Bumper Mis-Alignment-dscf6455.jpg   2015 Fit Factory Front Bumper Mis-Alignment-dscf6462.jpg  

2015 Fit Factory Front Bumper Mis-Alignment-dscf6464.jpg   2015 Fit Factory Front Bumper Mis-Alignment-dscf6465.jpg  
Old 05-03-2016, 09:00 AM
5 Year Member
The Honda Fit bumper gap is tiny when one is used to this kind of bumper gap.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:42 AM
5 Year Member
That was standard practice in 1938, when the VW Beetle was designed. Cars had REAL bumpers back then.

Last edited by Uncle Gary; 05-03-2016 at 09:45 AM.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:45 PM
5 Year Member
See my post here.

Old 09-19-2017, 11:38 AM
5 Year Member
I love how Honda seems to thinks this is acceptable practice...

Quick Reply: 2015 Fit Factory Front Bumper Mis-Alignment