3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Cheap plastic trunk hatch release

Old 06-21-2017, 11:17 AM
My dealer ordered the part for warranty replacement.

Old 06-21-2017, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2 View Post
43K and 2 years on the Fit, and I'm still on the original trim piece.
3 years and 20K miles with no issue either. I don't use the garnish to open or close the hatch.

Old 06-22-2017, 08:12 AM
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2 View Post
Yup, I open and close the same way. My garage is underneath my 13 month old daughters bedroom. I open and close the HB every morning without waking her so it really doesn't need much force to close.

Age and weight doesn't mean anything with how hard or soft doors are closed. I had to tell my mother-in-law when we took a road trip to visit my wife's grandmother, to watch how hard she shuts the door in my SUV. She would slam the door and sometimes wake the baby in the car seat. When her grandmother would ride with us, she too would slam the door. When I first started dating my wife, she would also slam the door and I had to say something to her. Must be an Indiana or mid-west thing...

43K and 2 years on the Fit, and I'm still on the original trim piece.
My wife still slams the doors to this day (our kids too).....even after repeatedly asking them not to and even demonstrating how gently you close it and still securely latches shut. We have an '05 Corolla, a '10 Forte, and a '15 Fit.....none of these require anything beyond a gentile push. Last car I had that the doors needed to be "slammed" shut was an '93 Celica, and it still didn't require much force, just more than newer cars. My wife is from suburban Detroit, maybe yer on to something with reference to geography

Old 06-22-2017, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by Fuelish View Post
My wife still slams the doors to this day (our kids too).....even after repeatedly asking them not to and even demonstrating how gently you close it and still securely latches shut. We have an '05 Corolla, a '10 Forte, and a '15 Fit.....none of these require anything beyond a gentile push. Last car I had that the doors needed to be "slammed" shut was an '93 Celica, and it still didn't require much force, just more than newer cars. My wife is from suburban Detroit, maybe yer on to something with reference to geography
The only door my wife can't slam is on my 2004 4Runner's rear hatch. The struts are so strong, she has a hard time pulling it down. It has a motor that once you get it close to closing, it ratchets it tight. I think she grew up driving Ford's (last car was a Mustang) so doors needed slamming I guess.

I had a 93 Celica GT HB 5MT. I have really fond memories of that car! I do remember the doors were long and heavy.

Old 10-16-2018, 01:56 PM
Me too!

Just found this on my 2016 Fit. BTW i never touch the plastic bit when opening and closing. I feel like that force of shutting it made it cracked! hopefully covered under warranty