3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Perspective Buyers: Thoughts on EX features from owner.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 06:36 PM
The backup camera has been helpful to me in that I keep it in wide angle so I can see cars coming even before I have cleared the cars next to me.

Old 08-27-2015, 11:43 AM
Does the LX have cruise control?

The main thing I love about the EX is all the features you get for the money.

Old 08-27-2015, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member
Yes, LX has cruise control. And a backup camera.

Old 08-27-2015, 02:57 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bach
About the lanewatch, it's really great for keeping an eye on the bike lane in the city. The days of those bitches sneaking up on me are over ...
plus i like the fact that i dont have to turn my head all the way to the right to see the side mirror. wish i had that on my other car..

Old 08-27-2015, 05:54 PM
So I was torn between the LX and EX model as well. Ended up with an EX manual in dark grey.

I love the push to start, although I will admit my wife doesn't like getting in the car first and not being able to start it from the passenger seat. She does this in my truck all the time. Although had we selected the CVT this would not be an issue.

I despise the lack of the volume knob. This above all else made me want the base LX.

I do use the blind spot monitor, as I like to keep my eyes on traffic from all angles when possible, however I still manually check when I actually switch lanes. So that large 7" display, is more or less constantly showing me the back right of the car. (Was fun driving in the rain after dark for the first time and seeing the rain drops illuminated with the lights of traffic) However I would not shell out any extra $$$ for this option. The blind spots are minimal in my opinion.

If I had to do it again, I would most likely stay with the EX. Mostly for the push to start function. The fog lights and larger rims would be a pretty cheap add on for any wrench savvy individual with the desire and motivation. However for the extra $1300 or so, I don't feel like I threw my money away.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by ChazLyle

-Push Button Start - more automation means less control. I hate having to cycle the car off and back on to turn to ACC and I can't kill the engine when coasting. Really regret this one. A lot.
You know the 2015 has deceleration fuel cut off right? That makes doing this unnecessary. My MPG went up a couple points when I realized that it had this, since I stopped coasting in neutral so much.

The only thing I do wish I had from the EX is the keyless entry, but not having it isn't a big deal.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:48 AM
My 2015 EX is my very first new car purchase ever, and I was very tempted to get the LX, especially as my primary goal was getting the most economy out of my purchase.
To be perfectly honest, the sunroof is the ONLY feature on the EX I really wanted, had it been an option on the LX, I am sure I would have went that route.
It was hard for me to justify another 2 grand just for the sunroof, but in the end I decided it was something I really wanted in my first new car, and I would have really missed it if I didn't get it. Because I financed the car over 60 months, the difference in my payment would have been about $30. So for me personally, I justify my moonroof as a $30 per month extra and went with it. I perfectly understand someone who would rather save this money every month instead.

Old 11-16-2015, 07:01 AM
5 Year Member
I was dead set on getting a yellow LX, but Mrs. Loves Purple insisted on Passion Berry Pearl, and that's only on the EX up. I was immediately glad we went with the EX and still am after more than a year.

I use the sunroof tilted up over 50% of the time, and half of the rest of the time, it's full open.

The fogs are on any time the headlights are on. I can see better to the sides of the road. I do wish I could run the fogs with just parking lights, though, like I can in the truck. The purpose of fogs is to replace the use of the low beams at low speed and eliminate their glare.

I'll never be without keyless entry and push-button start ever again! Having to drive our truck is such a PITA now. I never thought of it before.

I use the Lane Watch not only for lane changes, but also for parallel parking, with the knob on the end of the stalk. My little wife finds it invaluable.

The dynamic lines on the rear view camera help me plan backing up--it sees far better than I can by turning around and using the mirrors.

I like the 7" display, but admit its touch screen is problematic. So I mostly use the steering wheel controls, especially for volume. The only thing we have that would need an Aux Audio Input is my wife's cassette Walkman, and we haven't used that for years. I have a 64 GB flash drive with our music and use that 99$ of the time.

Every time I see an LX with the fake mags wheel covers, I'm glad I sprung for the real thing.

So that's my perspective. I'm sure I'd have been happy with the LX because I wouldn't have known about all these cool features.

Old 11-16-2015, 10:27 AM
5 Year Member
After having the EX for about a year I had service done at the dealer which gave me a loaner car to use for the day that was a LX. I felt like kissing my EX when I got it back.

We have opinions and I respect them. So I'll take a few features at a scientific "view". The lane watch gives nearly four times the view. Mirrors have been working for years, but I'll take the more view. To look down and center at the screen, still leaves a peripheral view of what is in front of me. if I look at my right view mirror (which again leaves a much smaller view), or look at the side area and not the mirror (again, still a smaller view), I don't have peripheral vision of the road ahead of me.

The backup camera on the EX has 3 different view choices. I mainly use the wide view but have used all them for specific needs. When I had the LX loaner, that small screen was harder to see because it was just that, smaller. The EX has wide view and the lines change on the screen to show where your car is pointing and will fit. If I remember correctly, those features are not on the LX. You can NOT tell me that in a parking lot, parked between two "walls" with big vehicles blocking my view with people walking right behind those vehicles that you can see them without that feature. You can look at your mirrors and behind you all you want but the angle your seeing vs the wide view camera is pathetic in comparison.

So yeah, you can get by with just the LX features but at what expense? With the LX you depend more on luck. For me, I like to take as much luck out of my daily safety as possible.

Old 11-22-2015, 12:19 AM
I'll never buy a car without lanewatch ever again for as long as Honda offers it. I have it on my Accord too and the main benefit is merging onto a feeder right lane to exit whereby that lane has heavy oncoming traffic from an onramp - bad old freeway designs. Makes the whole event 100% stress free. I don't live in an area with angry cyclists intentionally trying to rule the road, but I can see how the camera will help enormously in that too.

Old 11-22-2015, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitmo
The purpose of fogs is to replace the use of the low beams at low speed and eliminate their glare.
Actually, the original purpose of fog lights was to allow you to BE SEEN, not to light up the road.

Think about the cars with REAR fog lights, looks as if one or more brake lamps are stuck on....but you can SEE that there is a car there in foggy conditions.

++++++++++++++++

I'll be the first to admit that many new car headlamp systems NEED the fogs to fill-in un-illuminated areas. So much for style.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:21 PM
I'd love a LX with push button start.