3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2016 Honda Fit Inventory (Honda Geek) NJ

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
2016 Honda Fit Inventory (Honda Geek) NJ

Here we go again.

Like last year, I intend to keep an up-to-date list of 2016 Fits that are in-stock, in-transit and on order, when the info is available. Keep in mind that some dealers, like last year, will initially ask for more than MSRP. My store is not marking up prices (just an fyi).

Some quick tidbits on changes for the 2016 model year:

Where are they made?
2016 Fits will be manufactured both in Mexico and Japan

What features have been changed?
The 2016 Fit carries the same features and trims as the previous 2015 model

What about colors?
The color palette is the same, but I have heard that the availability of the manual transmission will change. Once I see the official order list of colors, trims and transmissions, I will update the thread

Can I specifically order a JDM made Fit?
Yes, but the wait can be longer than one made in Mexico. Honda will ship JDM Fits to dealers through the normal allocation process. In other words, if a car is already scheduled to be made, in can be reserved for you.

If its a fresh order, however, the wait can be longer.

Do I need to get a JDM Fit?
Its really up to personal choice. While many will argue that a JDM car is better, every Honda car on sale today, with the exception of the CRZ, is made in North America.

Current Inventory

Below you will find whats in-stock, in-transit and on order. Country of origin will be added once information has become available.

Update 12/3

In-Stock

2016 Honda Fit LX CVT (Milano Red) Made in Japan

2016 Honda Fit EX CVT (Milano Red) Made in Japan
2016 Honda Fit EX CVT (White Orchard Pearl) Made in Japan
2016 Honda Fit EX CVT (Mystic Yellow Pearl) Made in Japan

2016 Honda Fit EX-L CVT (Modern Steel) Made in Mexico
2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi CVT (Modern Steel) Made in Mexico

IN-TRANSIT

2016 Honda Fit LX CVT (Black) Made in Japan
2016 Honda Fit LX CVT (Milano Red) Made in Japan
2016 Honda Fit LX CVT (Aegean Blue) Made in Japan
2016 Honda Fit LX CVT (White Orchard Pearl) Made in Japan
2016 Honda Fit LX CVT (Mystic Yellow Pearl) Made in Japan

Feel free to ask any questions in the thread or via PM

Last edited by HondaGeek; 12-03-2015 at 07:16 PM.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the update. Any and all info from the inside is well appreciated!

Old 09-24-2015, 09:45 PM
awesome!! I didn't know we can buy a JDM fit. how do I order one? any issues importing the car and extra taxes? i'm excited, I always wanted a right hand drive.

please let me know asap!!

Old 09-24-2015, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by not2fit
...I didn't know we can buy a JDM fit. how do I order one? any issues importing the car and extra taxes? i'm excited, I always wanted a right hand drive...
I don't think you can import a Japanese standard right hand drive car directly from Honda. This would be an American spec'd Fit manufactured by Honda in Japan. It would follow all the rules and regulations of any other car sold in the US. JDM here means made in Japan vs made in Mexico.

I do admire your enthusiasm though.

Old 09-24-2015, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
Yes. To be clear, the Fits made in Japan meet USDM specifications.

You cannot order a...JDM Fit RS, for example.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by HondaGeek
Yes. To be clear, the Fits made in Japan meet USDM specifications.

You cannot order a...JDM Fit RS, for example.
oh sorry, i thought JDM stands for Japanese "domestic" market. not export. I guess I have to get a left hand drive one. can you check stock at dealers by me? i'm in westchester county, ny. I need a manual one. thanks for the help

Last edited by not2fit; 09-25-2015 at 08:38 AM.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by not2fit
oh sorry, i thought JDM stands for Japanese "domestic" market. not export. I guess I have to get a left hand drive one. can you check stock at dealers by me? i'm in westchester county, ny. I need a manual one. thanks for the help
PM sent. Please check your inbox.

Old 09-25-2015, 11:43 AM
Can you confirm if the JDM fit and the USDM fit have the same amount of airbags ? If I'm not mistaken, the JDM fit only has 2 airbags.

Old 09-25-2015, 12:08 PM
Thanks for this inside info. HondaGeek. I "was" desperately looking for a 2016 EX-L CVT w/ nav. in Orchid White Pearl but base off your details and my local San Diego dealers, I won't be seeing one in a long time.

Old 09-25-2015, 12:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HondaGeek
Can I specifically order a Japan made Fit?
Yes, but the wait can be longer than one made in Mexico. Honda will ship Japan made Fits to dealers through the normal allocation process. In other words, if a car is already scheduled to be made, in can be reserved for you.

If its a fresh order, however, the wait can be longer.

Do I need to get a Japan made Fit?
Its really up to personal choice. While many will argue that a Japan made car is better, every Honda car on sale in the US today, with the exception of the CRZ, is made in North America.
FTFY. People are applying the normal ToV meaning to JDM: a car you'd buy in Japan built for the Japanese domestic market to Japanese rules.

Old 09-25-2015, 12:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by El_Patron
Thanks for this inside info. HondaGeek. I "was" desperately looking for a 2016 EX-L CVT w/ nav. in Orchid White Pearl but base off your details and my local San Diego dealers, I won't be seeing one in a long time.
El Patron (like Alberto deeeeeeeelllll Riiiiiiooooo!!!)

Couldnt help myself. Awesome name!

That being said, yes. Arrival dates will be late October into November, based on where they are being made.

Old 09-25-2015, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cajlog
Can you confirm if the JDM fit and the USDM fit have the same amount of airbags ? If I'm not mistaken, the JDM fit only has 2 airbags.

Any Honda Fit sold in the US would have the same equipment and have to meet the same environmental, legal and safety regulations, no matter where it's made. My guess is, with the exception of the first digit of the serial number, it will be the exact same car.

Old 09-25-2015, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
This is exactly the model and colour that I want too! A friend of mine purchased the EX and is now being told it won't be delivered until October 30th here in Toronto.

Old 09-25-2015, 02:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kmcg_989
This is exactly the model and colour that I want too! A friend of mine purchased the EX and is now being told it won't be delivered until October 30th here in Toronto.
That's possible.

As a mentioned before, color build might change for this model year (as far as percentages build for each trim and transmission). Will update once I have something official.

Old 09-25-2015, 02:18 PM
Ugh... Im going to be car-less in a few hours, now probably for 2 months!?!?! Returning my lease.

Anyways I think you and I must have a game of ROCK, PAPER & SCISSORS. Winner takes her home.

Old 09-25-2015, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
Any Honda Fit sold in the US would have the same equipment and have to meet the same environmental, legal and safety regulations, no matter where it's made. My guess is, with the exception of the first digit of the serial number, it will be the exact same car.
Exactly.

Its the same car as the 15 USDM Fit.

The only differences are that it will be made in Japan and possibly the origin of certain parts.

The design stays the same.

Old 09-25-2015, 02:47 PM
What you do mean the availability of the 6MT will change??

Old 09-25-2015, 02:49 PM
5 Year Member
Ugh... Im going to be car-less in a few hours, now probably for 2 months!?!?! Returning my lease.

Anyways I think you and I must have a game of ROCK, PAPER & SCISSORS. Winner takes her home.
Deal!

HondaGeek, thanks so much for the information.

Old 09-25-2015, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
Deal!

HondaGeek, thanks so much for the information.
You guys are most welcome!

Old 09-28-2015, 03:09 PM
We bought a 2016 with Navi 3 weeks ago. It, supposedly, will be at the dealership by Oct 18th. Hopefully sooner. The dealer thinks there is a hold up at the port of entry. He can't tell us where in the pipeline the car is right now. We do have a VIN however.

Perhaps ours is the Alabaster Silver in your list. Headed for Honda of Fife, in Washington State?

Last edited by Jim Bow; 09-28-2015 at 05:02 PM.

Quick Reply: 2016 Honda Fit Inventory (Honda Geek) NJ