3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2016 Honda Fit Inventory (Honda Geek) NJ

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 08:45 PM
5 Year Member
It does seem like, again, initial build of the EX-L for this region will be made in Mexico. Im sure there will be a JDM made model here and there, but rare at first.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:52 PM
5 Year Member
This is awesome. We're you able to get the same price as what you paid for your 2015 FIT? My insurance, GEICO, has preliminarily quoted me a settlement of around $18k which is lower than the replacement cost ($19.2k OTD for a 2016 FIT). I bought my 2015 FIT for $18.7k OTD just 10 months ago.

I'm just thinking about the numbers. I'll probably lose out on $1k due to this accident, but I guess it could be a lot worse.

Originally Posted by Islander
The guy who hit our car had Geico but they are in their second month of "coverage investigation" to see if they are actually covering him. Weird - we think they're just delaying since it should be pretty obvious whether or not he had an up-to-date policy. Our insurance, Hartford, is covering it for now (they can take on Geico to recover their costs) and they offered us enough to cover a 2016 Fit EX with tax & license, minus our collision deductible.

Old 12-13-2015, 10:06 AM
5 Year Member
Hartford came through with $20.7k which was actually a little over our OTD cost when we bought the 2015 in June. After waiting over two weeks for the out-of-state dealer to agree to send the manual transmission EX to our local dealer we gave up and settled for a CVT equipped EX. My wife uses the car for a long work commute and she needed to get a replacement without an extended wait. Even with the added cost of the CVT we came out about even, except for the collision deductible. If Hartford is able to collect from Geico we might eventually get the deductible (or part of it) back. Just have to wait and see. The CVT Fit EX is our first automatic transmission cat in over 30 years - seems like cheating to drive it.
Originally Posted by laughter95
This is awesome. We're you able to get the same price as what you paid for your 2015 FIT? My insurance, GEICO, has preliminarily quoted me a settlement of around $18k which is lower than the replacement cost ($19.2k OTD for a 2016 FIT). I bought my 2015 FIT for $18.7k OTD just 10 months ago.

I'm just thinking about the numbers. I'll probably lose out on $1k due to this accident, but I guess it could be a lot worse.

Old 12-13-2015, 10:17 AM
5 Year Member
Thank you so much for this data.

Congratulations to you, your settlement couldn't have worked out better.

I wonder if insurance total loss settlements are usually this favorable... Maybe it's because of a limited supply of used 2015 Fits.

Old 12-13-2015, 12:04 PM
5 Year Member
I really hope inventory starts coming in heavy over the next few months. I want there to be a '16 Fit when I give my '15 Fit to my son for getting his driver's license. I don't want a Japanese '16 Fit to be a hard to find item.

Old 12-14-2015, 05:17 AM
I'm on the hunt for a '15 or '16 LX made in Japan, in either black or yellow, with a manual transmission. I live in Ocean County, NJ. The closest match I could find is a silver LX manual with about 3,000 miles on it at Honda of Freehold, and it's probably Mexico-made

Last edited by ProjectFit; 12-14-2015 at 05:20 AM.
Old 12-15-2015, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
Just picked up a '16 EX in silver. Back in October, I had tried to place an order for an EXL with a J- VIN but the dealer wasn't able to get anything definite from Honda regarding a delivery date or even a place in the queue. (A check last week of the '16 EXLs that were available within a 100 mile radius of the dealer's location in Connecticut showed that all 49 of them had been built in Mexico.) What the dealer offered instead was an EX made in Japan with the upgrade option of installing heated leather seats in place of the normal upholstery. I decided to go for it rather than wait, for a total cost that turned out to be a couple of hundred dollars less than the EXL MSRP. So now, except for heated side mirrors and a leather-wrapped steering wheel, I have the equivalent of an EXL made in Japan in the color I wanted, and how sweet it is.

Old 12-16-2015, 11:13 AM
5 Year Member
Six months

Started searching for a LX in June; worked with three dealers. One, 200 miles away, found what I wanted and that 2016 FIT just came in this weekend. Silver. Buying a manual FIT is like hunting for the Holy Grail. Mexico manufactured; am trusting all the problems have been worked out.

Old 12-16-2015, 12:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KayakPaddler
Started searching for a LX in June; worked with three dealers. One, 200 miles away, found what I wanted and that 2016 FIT just came in this weekend. Silver. Buying a manual FIT is like hunting for the Holy Grail. Mexico manufactured; am trusting all the problems have been worked out.
Very queer. Honda makes you work for the privilege of giving them your money. This is ass backwards. I had the same problem finding a 6MT. I don't want to be assimilated with the CVT crowd, oh no.

Old 12-16-2015, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TorontoBoy
Very queer. Honda makes you work for the privilege of giving them your money. This is ass backwards. I had the same problem finding a 6MT. I don't want to be assimilated with the CVT crowd, oh no.
I understand the concern, in regards to the decline of manuals being produced. The other reality, however, is that compared with other manufacturers, Honda still offers many models with a 6 Speed.

I expect that to possibly change in five years or so. The demand is simply not there. All the remaining 15 models in my area were 6 speed manuals.

Old 12-20-2015, 01:43 AM
5 Year Member
Our 2016 Fit EX is from Japan

Here's an interesting development in our little saga. Our 2015 Fit EX with MT was built in Mexico. It was rear-ended and totaled in October and we just replaced it with a CVT equipped Fit EX about 10 days ago. I finally remembered to contact our insurance to give them the details on the 2016 Fit to add to the insurance and I checked the VIN. It starts with "JHMGK5" indicating that it was assembled in Japan. I didn't expect this, must be because we're on the West Coast that we're seeing a Japanese produced Fit.

Old 12-20-2015, 06:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Islander
Here's an interesting development in our little saga. Our 2015 Fit EX with MT was built in Mexico. It was rear-ended and totaled in October and we just replaced it with a CVT equipped Fit EX about 10 days ago. I finally remembered to contact our insurance to give them the details on the 2016 Fit to add to the insurance and I checked the VIN. It starts with "JHMGK5" indicating that it was assembled in Japan. I didn't expect this, must be because we're on the West Coast that we're seeing a Japanese produced Fit.
I don't think your location has anything to do with it. My local dealer has received 4 2016 Fits, all with "J" vins and we're in upstate NY. All were CVT transmissions.