3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2016 Honda Fit Inventory (Honda Geek) NJ

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 09:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HondaGeek
Hey Dick W,

Not sure what you mean by drooping. Do explain please.
Here are a couple:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...umper-sag.html

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1277393

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...alignment.html

Here is mine specifically: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...-warranty.html

I have a case open with Honda customer service, but so far they have been less than helpful. I've taken in the car 3 times to the same dealership (where I bought it). The last time the service folks admitted there was a gap and I showed them a new car on the lot without it. Also showed them how I could lift the bumper and reduce the gap. Told them this was a safety defect and could eventually lead to the bumper coming off. Imagine how every bump nudges the bumper up and down.

Old 11-04-2015, 10:40 AM
5 Year Member
Quite a number of 2015s--and many I've seen on the lot--have their front bumper covers misaligned such that the gap between the bumper cover and fender is zero at the fender lip near the wheel and 1/8" or more at the top near the headlight assy. Some people have seen this gap grow the longer they've owned the car. A number of threads here, e.g., https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...alignment.html with pictures, have discussed it.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member
Same here and I would guess most have this over time. My Fiesta ST has a bit of this 'increasing gap' too.

Old 11-05-2015, 06:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Dick W
Quite a number of 2015s--and many I've seen on the lot--have their front bumper covers misaligned such that the gap between the bumper cover and fender is zero at the fender lip near the wheel and 1/8" or more at the top near the headlight assy. Some people have seen this gap grow the longer they've owned the car. A number of threads here, e.g., https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...alignment.html with pictures, have discussed it.
Yeah, my April 2014 car is a mess.

Old 11-05-2015, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
Beautiful. As it should be. Too bad they don't all look like that.

Old 11-13-2015, 10:01 AM
5 Year Member
Update on Page 1

Old 11-17-2015, 02:25 PM
Hey HondaGeek, do you have any inkling on when/if any LX manuals will be coming in? And possibly, just manuals in general? My dealer is having a heck of a time trying to find anything.

Old 11-17-2015, 02:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by exl500
Yeah, my April 2014 car is a mess.
Yeah, mine looked like that when I bought the car. now there's a 1/4-3/8 gap at the top on each side. Don't act so smug. Yours will sag in time.

Old 11-17-2015, 04:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
... Don't act so smug. Yours will sag in time.
Are we still talking about Fits, or in general?. For Fits, maybe. In general, definitely.

Last edited by TorontoBoy; 11-17-2015 at 04:55 PM.
Old 11-17-2015, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tacit Blues
Hey HondaGeek, do you have any inkling on when/if any LX manuals will be coming in? And possibly, just manuals in general? My dealer is having a heck of a time trying to find anything.
Hey Tacit Blues,

I did a check with my manager and they are literally only 5 Fits scheduled to be built for the entire US of A, including Hawaii.

There is one that is in transit somewhere in the North East. Its an LX 6 Speed in Milano Red (pretty much the only color Honda is set to make actually).

I managed to get a specific Fit for one of our members, who is flying in to pick it up this Saturday. Its an option I offer, for those interested.

Old 11-18-2015, 02:49 AM
Originally Posted by HondaGeek
Hey Tacit Blues,

I did a check with my manager and they are literally only 5 Fits scheduled to be built for the entire US of A, including Hawaii.

There is one that is in transit somewhere in the North East. Its an LX 6 Speed in Milano Red (pretty much the only color Honda is set to make actually).

I managed to get a specific Fit for one of our members, who is flying in to pick it up this Saturday. Its an option I offer, for those interested.
Good heavens, really? Is that a "5 fits, total all time," or a "5 fits currently scheduled" but with hope for 2016?

There's no way on Earth I could swing flying all the way out there just to pick up a car, no matter how much I'd like to...

Old 11-18-2015, 07:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tacit Blues
Good heavens, really? Is that a "5 fits, total all time," or a "5 fits currently scheduled" but with hope for 2016?

There's no way on Earth I could swing flying all the way out there just to pick up a car, no matter how much I'd like to...
That's five currently scheduled to be built, according to Honda's internal.

Old 11-18-2015, 07:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TorontoBoy
Are we still talking about Fits, or in general?. For Fits, maybe. In general, definitely.
I'm talking about '15 Fit front bumpers. I have nothing else "sagging".

Old 11-20-2015, 01:36 PM
Smile jdm fit

three weeks ago my wife test drove a 2016 honda fit ex-l-nav at pecheles hondain new bern,nc. she had a problem with the leather seat pushing up on her legs, causing pain and numbness. the salesperson had her try a cloth seat in an hrv. no problem. based on this, we ordered a mystic yellow pearl fit ex, but no leather,no nav. 3 weeks later we picked up the car. it's vin starts with jdm. pecheles found one in oregon, and had it shipped to nc!for us, no leather because its cold in the winter, hot in the summer. no nav because we already have a garmin with lifetime map updates. anyway, seems to me thiis dealer really has their act together. i have been a ford guy forever,but i am very impressed. both the dealer and the car. it's just been a week, but this car feels superior to any ford we have ever had, and less than 20 grand.

Old 11-20-2015, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fromfordtofit
three weeks ago my wife test drove a 2016 honda fit ex-l-nav at pecheles hondain new bern,nc. she had a problem with the leather seat pushing up on her legs, causing pain and numbness. the salesperson had her try a cloth seat in an hrv. no problem. based on this, we ordered a mystic yellow pearl fit ex, but no leather,no nav. 3 weeks later we picked up the car. it's vin starts with jdm. pecheles found one in oregon, and had it shipped to nc!for us, no leather because its cold in the winter, hot in the summer. no nav because we already have a garmin with lifetime map updates. anyway, seems to me thiis dealer really has their act together. i have been a ford guy forever,but i am very impressed. both the dealer and the car. it's just been a week, but this car feels superior to any ford we have ever had, and less than 20 grand.
Oregon to North Carolina??? That's one heck of a dealer trade! Congrats, hopefully it was shipped on a truck so your new car mileage is under 3k!

Old 11-22-2015, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
If anyone noticed on the first post on this thread that a White LX was reserved for forum member Fitfuture(which is me)I picked it up yesterday. I came all the way from Fort Lauderdale Florida to get it. Some people(especially my wife)thought I was crazy. But after over a year of dealing with local shady dealers who couldn't get me the model and trim I wanted, and wanted to overcharge me for whatever they had to sell me, I am glad I went the extra mile for my Fit. Hi praise for Jorge, he made it easy and did everything and more that he promised. I felt more comfortable dealing with him over the internet and the phone than I did most local dealers. All things considered it couldn't have been easier dealing with Jorge.

Old 11-22-2015, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitfuture
If anyone noticed on the first post on this thread that a White LX was reserved for forum member Fitfuture(which is me)I picked it up yesterday. I came all the way from Fort Lauderdale Florida to get it. Some people(especially my wife)thought I was crazy. But after over a year of dealing with local shady dealers who couldn't get me the model and trim I wanted, and wanted to overcharge me for whatever they had to sell me, I am glad I went the extra mile for my Fit. Hi praise for Jorge, he made it easy and did everything and more that he promised. I felt more comfortable dealing with him over the internet and the phone than I did most local dealers. All things considered it couldn't have been easier dealing with Jorge.
You are most cool. A new and awesome Fit for a very cool guy. I told that the JDM Fits smell different, didn't I?

Congrats again and all the best!

Old 11-23-2015, 06:27 AM
no miles were on the car.

Old 11-23-2015, 10:21 AM
5 Year Member
I just read an article which claimed that Fit sales were down 80% in September compared with September '14.

On the face of it, this looks pretty sad. It's hard to sell a car that Honda can't/won't supply.

Old 11-23-2015, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
I just read an article which claimed that Fit sales were down 80% in September compared with September '14.

On the face of it, this looks pretty sad. It's hard to sell a car that Honda can't/won't supply.
Haven't read the article, but considering there was no 2014 Honda Fit (except for the EV) and no 2016 models on the ground in September of this year (with only scattered 15s available), I would say there's not enough data to give you an accurate sales performance. Honda sold every 2015 Fit they produced, with the exception of, ironically enough, manual models.

Quick Reply: 2016 Honda Fit Inventory (Honda Geek) NJ