3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Voice command question

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 05:35 PM
Voice command question

Hi everyone!

I'm new here and a new Fit owner! I just picked my car up Tuesday of this weekend and so far I'm loving it. I'm hoping that someone might be able to help me out with one small issue I seem to be having. My phone has been paired to the Bluetooth and I can make calls out fine using the voice commands. However it doesn't seem to be recognizing any commands to read/send text messages or check my email. I believe this is a feature that it is supposed to do, but I can't figure out why it's not working!! FYI... I have the LX model. If anyone can shed some light as to what I'm missing,, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Old 03-19-2016, 03:09 AM
5 Year Member
Are you using an iPhone? If so you can just use Siri Eyes Free. Just hold down the voice button for a couple seconds, you'll hear Siri beep, then you can ask away. With my Nexus phones, I was unable to get basically anything to work properly.

Old 03-20-2016, 12:54 AM
Originally Posted by COBEs
Are you using an iPhone? If so you can just use Siri Eyes Free. Just hold down the voice button for a couple seconds, you'll hear Siri beep, then you can ask away. With my Nexus phones, I was unable to get basically anything to work properly.
This feature isn't available on the LX stereo. I can't get the crappy Honda voice command to work at all and just resort to either setting up speed dials or using Siri directly through my phone.

Old 03-20-2016, 12:57 AM
Originally Posted by Puglover
Hi everyone!

I'm new here and a new Fit owner! I just picked my car up Tuesday of this weekend and so far I'm loving it. I'm hoping that someone might be able to help me out with one small issue I seem to be having. My phone has been paired to the Bluetooth and I can make calls out fine using the voice commands. However it doesn't seem to be recognizing any commands to read/send text messages or check my email. I believe this is a feature that it is supposed to do, but I can't figure out why it's not working!! FYI... I have the LX model. If anyone can shed some light as to what I'm missing,, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Hello, fellow LX owner here. The LX doesn't have the features you're looking for. Maybe soon you can get an aftermarket touchscreen Apple Carplay / Android Auto unit.

Old 03-20-2016, 09:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Redd
This feature isn't available on the LX stereo. I can't get the crappy Honda voice command to work at all and just resort to either setting up speed dials or using Siri directly through my phone.
Damn, didn't know that. The latest 6S variants can use the "Hey Siri" voice prompt without being plugged into a power source. But I can see that not working well at speed, or with any source other than Bluetooth on. Pressing the phone's home button to activate voice commands is probably the best solution.