3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

you need to see this!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 03:15 PM
Have you even tried to see if Honda will cover it?

Old 09-29-2016, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
Go back and read the thread. The OP said he bought the car used with a salvage title-no warranty.
Read that, just didn't realize that a salvage title automatically forfeits any factory warranty.

My 4th honda and still extremely happy with the brand. Hope it gets resolved.

Originally Posted by mcnoople
Have you even tried to see if Honda will cover it?
X2

Old 09-29-2016, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by salamlaith

I'm having cycling humming/buzzing on highway speed on my Honda Fit 2016 CVT, I removed the driver cv axel and that's what I found, metal deposits on the end joint splint!, it protrude on the smooth side of the spline.
this is my first time to buy Honda and it will be the last time.
most likely a defect in the axel.

Old 09-29-2016, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by jhn
Now as for help...

If it is tire buzzing or noise, most likely it will change pitch with variation in speed. If the noise is staying a constant pitch with varying speed, it doesn't seem like tire noise.

its a cycling on/off noise, the cycle goes faster as faster the car goes, it happens only 65-80 mph.

Originally Posted by jhn
It looks like discoloration on the half shaft due to heat? Also, it looks like there is peen marks, or hammer marks on the shoulder of the journal.

there's no discoloration, its a metal deposit (most likely Aluminum) protruded on the splint, I could peal off that metal with a flat screwdriver.

Originally Posted by jhn
The reason I'm asking is all of this damage was done by a spiteful person (people) for unknown reasons. If the owner knew repo was imminent, they could have inflicted damage deliberately for fraudulent reasons (insurance). Including "joyriding", which could have damaged the suspension?

we thought about that, all the bolts shows no sign of being removed before.

Originally Posted by jhn
Did you get an alignment before purchasing it?
we did alignment after we purchased it.

Originally Posted by jhn
This forum is probably not the best place to try to resolve this issue. There's no way to accurately diagnose the problem without actually seeing the car.
Is that the purpose of this post?

I agree, the purpose of this post is a-express my frustration, b-raise the awareness that Honda didn't master the CVT transmission yet.

Old 09-29-2016, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by fitchet
Hey, I feel sorry for the OP, and hope they resolve their problem(s).

But the original post, conveniently leaves out the fact that this is a salvaged titled vehicle, bought at auction.

Really, IMO if you buy a vehicle at auction, in that type of "gamble" situation, all bets are off.
There really is no way of knowing the abuse that vehicle might of been exposed to.
So to Blame Honda? Doesn't really seem fair.

This is ONE vehicle that was sold at salvage auction...so NOT indicative of the quality or experience I think most REALLY NEW Honda Fit owners experience.
I have corolla 95 with automatic transmission 256k mils, 21 year of use, yet no problem, this Honda has a problem on its transmission before 3k !, I would understand if there was a direct damage been done to the transmission that caused the problem, but I couldn't find any evidence.

Last edited by salamlaith; 09-30-2016 at 08:00 AM.
Old 09-30-2016, 02:46 PM
5 Year Member
So this is the end that goes in the transmission right? I dont see how it means the transmission is at fault?

In relation to your 95 corolla, I had a 99 civic with M/T with 265k original miles. Basic routine maintenance only. Would be closer to 300k now if some A_holes didn't steal it. Anyways...I digress.

Is this a 2015? I hope you get a chance to take it to the dealer. Maybe the axle shaft is bad? If it is a 2015 then maybe this is an issue others simply have not noticed or have a good enough ear to notice.

Have you removed the metal shavings to see if that eliminated the noise you were experiencing?

Old 09-30-2016, 08:04 PM
Seems that the money saved by buying a salvage vehicle will be more than enough to buy a new axle!

Old 09-30-2016, 08:09 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fuelish
Shouldn't ya have let the dealer take a chance of fixing it under warranty before disassembling it yourself? Or did you buy it used with no warranty, perhaps?
yep my thoughts exactly.

Old 09-30-2016, 08:11 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
oh salvage title? oh well.. yah wat georgeL said.

just get a new axle. not sure wat the fuss is in the first place if salvage title.