3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Has anyone managed to run a cable into the cabin without drilling?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 08:28 AM
Has anyone managed to run a cable into the cabin without drilling?

Hi everyone, trying to run a cable from the engine compartment into the cabin for some spotlights that I have recently installed. I have reached a roadblock in which I cant seem to see any access to run a cable right into the cabin without drilling a hole in the firewall. I've seen other Honda models have grommets just for this purpose but I cant spot any on mine.

I've also traced where all the stock wires go, and it is TIGHT! No way I could possibly fit a cable through the hole that they currently go through. In fact I could hardly get my hand anywhere near there.

My only option seems to be to drill a hole and then run a cable through. How have you guys done it? Hopefully there is something that I have missed. If you have pictures please post it would be very helpful!!

Old 06-28-2017, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member
There are two common wire bundles for the cabin. You have to undo the electrical tape and then fish the line through (I used a wire coat hanger woth tape on it). It's a lot easier if a buddy helps you fish it through.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by skatana
There are two common wire bundles for the cabin. You have to undo the electrical tape and then fish the line through (I used a wire coat hanger woth tape on it). It's a lot easier if a buddy helps you fish it through.
Were you able to access these bundles without removing engine components? I can see one of the bundles you are talking about , it runs near the steering column, but it is so tight in there I can hardly get my hand to touch it, let alone remove the tape and get a cable through.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:40 PM
5 Year Member
Above the brake pedal on the firewall you will see a rubber grommet, if you poke a hole thru that you can fish a wire thru there. On the engine side there is insulation covering where the wire emerges. If you push enough wire thru you will see your wire. I put in ex fogs on my lx and ran the switch wire thru there

Old 07-01-2017, 02:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by oic929
Were you able to access these bundles without removing engine components? I can see one of the bundles you are talking about , it runs near the steering column, but it is so tight in there I can hardly get my hand to touch it, let alone remove the tape and get a cable through.
I only had to take the airbox cover off to give me better access to the main one. It's still tough to reach up by the steering column, but doable.

The other bundle comes through behind the glovebox and it's pretty easy to pop that off to get access to it.

Last edited by skatana; 07-01-2017 at 02:30 AM.