3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Why no 1.5ltr Turbo Fit

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 01:45 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
lol’ed at FF reject list.

mike- wat GAFIT painted his car red and orange?

Old 01-10-2018, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by knope
and the double wing is something that even subaru wouldnt consider.
LOL! Yeah, Honda may be taking the 'ugly car' crown from Subaru.

I like Subarus a lot, but they have never been known as 'pretty', 'good looking', or even 'aesthetically pleasing'.

Don't look at a first-gen Tribeca right after you eat lunch.

Old 01-10-2018, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
I'd buy a Civic Type R without hesitation if I wanted a car payment.

Old 01-10-2018, 03:08 PM
5 Year Member
i luv my 16’ STI’s styling. so nice.

oh and no car payments either.

Old 01-10-2018, 08:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sneefy
I hear ya on this. Same can be said on the Subaru forums that I frequent. The Advent of cheap high milage WRXs bring out the douchenozzles.

Yea..I'm seeing the same thing happen with my 2013 hatch that happened with my SRT-4. I like my WRX, like the styling, and the car only has 18K miles in the five years I've owned it. Unfortunately most of 8-14's are on their third or fourth owners right now and being bought by kids who can barely afford the car payment. I don't want to get rid of it, but probably will. I was trying to hold off until the 2020 model year. Which if on the normal Subaru cycle should be a redesign year?

Old 01-10-2018, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member
why rob? just keep the STI and dont bother with those stupid forums. hell im not a member of any subaru, nissan, honda, or vw car forum. i visit to get info at times, but that's all. let us hear more about your STI in the 'other cars' section.

Old 01-10-2018, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rob H
Yea..I'm seeing the same thing happen with my 2013... Unfortunately most of 8-14's are on their third or fourth owners right now and being bought by kids who can barely afford the car payment. I don't want to get rid of it, but probably will.
If you're looking to avoid the flatbill-douchenozzle stigma of the WRX you could always get a Miata. Then you just have to get past the hairdresser's car stigma.

Seriously, though, as you like to autocross, there is no better car for cheap driving fun. I've owned two. I REALLY regret selling the Mazdaspeed.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sneefy
If you're looking to avoid the flatbill-douchenozzle stigma of the WRX you could always get a Miata. Then you just have to get past the hairdresser's car stigma.

Seriously, though, as you like to autocross, there is no better car for cheap driving fun. I've owned two. I REALLY regret selling the Mazdaspeed.

The problem with the Miata is to find "THE" car for SCCA ES or E-Street class is to find a 1999 Hard Sport/sporty Sport or whatever it's called. Assuming you find one that hasn't been a race car all it's life and assuming it has under 100K you're probably still looking at re-bushing the whole car, having the Bilstien struts rebuilt/re-valved assuming you find one that someone didn't have them changed when worn for some cheap strut from their local muffler chain and that someone didn't pull the LSD and sell separately since they go for about $1K. Last winter I found one in Florida but couldn't get a friend to winters down there to tell me if I should fly down or not. Kept getting a "I can't tell you whether to buy the car or not" I gave up because he wasn't hearing me repeatedly tell him that I wasn't asking him to tell me whether to buy the car, but tell me if it was worth flying down to look. He was more than qualified to tell me if it had been in a major accident, still had the Bilstien or if it still had the LSD. Oh well

Old 01-13-2018, 02:40 PM
To the people saying it makes no sense, good thing Ford didn't think that way about a Fiesta ST.

Old 01-13-2018, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Nemo128
To the people saying it makes no sense, good thing Ford didn't think that way about a Fiesta ST.

https://www.autoblog.com/amp/2017/07/24/ford-might-not-offer-fiesta-in-us-in-2018/

http://amp.timeinc.net/thedrive/news/12773/the-ford-fiesta-is-dead-in-america?source=dam

Old 01-15-2018, 09:33 AM
5 Year Member
Simple reason I’ll never buy the Civic: it’s too big outside for the amount of room inside. In that respect the Fit has spoiled me.

Old 01-15-2018, 10:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
Simple reason I’ll never buy the Civic: it’s too big outside for the amount of room inside. In that respect the Fit has spoiled me.
You'll have to let go of that a bit if you ever want to own anything other than a Fit. LOL. It's the champion of interior volume for it's size.

The newest generation of pony cars are the worst for interior volume vs size.

Back to the 1.5t Fit. I really think it's just to sell more Civic's at a higher price. The GK Fit chassis is more than capable of holding more power. It's probably more capable than a '90's Porsche, Mustang, Camaro, etc that had double or more the power.

If Ford, VW, Mini, and even Fiat can make a small hatch with decent power, you know that Honda could easily do it if they wanted.

Old 01-15-2018, 01:24 PM
5 Year Member
its only a few of us that want a high performance hatch vs the general public that just wants basic transportation with decent cargo capacity in this price range.

my wife she could care less if the GK had more power especially if it required premium gas and worse mpg. she'll just take the cheaper economy one.

Old 01-20-2018, 06:46 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for all the replies and insight.

It does make sense as there would probably not be many people to purchase this type of vehicle. I currently own a 2018 Civic EX CVT and my wife has a 2018 Civic Sport CVT. I like the cars but would prefer for this engine to be in the Fit. I'm already missing that cars lightness.

That 1.5ltr turbo engine is a beast. It would be ridiculous on this Fit platform. A ridiculous I'd love.

Oh well! It is what it is.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:19 AM
5 Year Member
id just enjoy wat you have. the new civics are much nicer than the Fit for sure. do you have the hatchback?

Old 01-20-2018, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
Thanks for all the replies and insight.

It does make sense as there would probably not be many people to purchase this type of vehicle. I currently own a 2018 Civic EX CVT and my wife has a 2018 Civic Sport CVT. I like the cars but would prefer for this engine to be in the Fit. I'm already missing that cars lightness.

That 1.5ltr turbo engine is a beast. It would be ridiculous on this Fit platform. A ridiculous I'd love.

Oh well! It is what it is.
I dig the Fit for what is, but the '18 GK-HFP makes me think Honda is at least considering something a bit mad for the next gen. We'll see.