3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Gk rotor screw size?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member
Gk rotor screw size?

I've googled for like 10 minutes now looking for what tool exactly is needed to remove the fit rotor screws and am getting things like "You need to unscrew them" or "They are not phillips head" or "Just drill them out" over and over again. Its driving me nuts.

Simple question: What JIS bit size do i need? Bonus points if you tell me what kind of local store might have it.

Old 03-10-2018, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by matthorkan@gmail.com
I've googled for like 10 minutes now looking for what tool exactly is needed to remove the fit rotor screws and am getting things like "You need to unscrew them" or "They are not phillips head" or "Just drill them out" over and over again. Its driving me nuts.

Simple question: What JIS bit size do i need? Bonus points if you tell me what kind of local store might have it.
Hey! I recently installed new rotors and replaced the rotor screws as well.

I used an impact screwdriver to remove the rotor screws. Here's a link to the exact one I purchased from Harbor Freight:

https://www.harborfreight.com/impact...ase-37530.html

The part number for the rotor screws is: 93600-06014-0H

I hope this helps!

Last edited by USDM; 03-10-2018 at 04:42 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by USDM
Hey! I recently installed new rotors and replaced the rotor screws as well.

I used an impact screwdriver to remove the rotor screws. Here's a link to the exact one I purchased from Harbor Freight:

https://www.harborfreight.com/impact...ase-37530.html

The part number for the rotor screws is: 93600-06014-0H

I hope this helps!
But thats not really the right tool, is it? Its some kind of JIS bit. I dont see why it wouldnt be able to be re-used.

Old 03-12-2018, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator
But thats not really the right tool, is it? Its some kind of JIS bit. I dont see why it wouldnt be able to be re-used.
The impact screwdriver is actually the correct tool. The kit I linked you includes the appropriate bit to remove the rotor screw(s).

Also, you can reuse the rotor screws, but I bought new rotor screws from the dealership for $1.29 each. At that price, I'd just purchase and use new rotor screws.

Last edited by USDM; 03-12-2018 at 11:30 AM.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
Those rotor screwe must be a Honda thing. This is my first Honda and never seen it on any other Toyota or Nissan I've owned. Honestly I don't think they are needed. Your wheels are holding in your discs just fine.

Just don't forget to apply the nuts to your wheels and you'll be fine

Old 03-12-2018, 01:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
Those rotor screwe must be a Honda thing. This is my first Honda and never seen it on any other Toyota or Nissan I've owned. Honestly I don't think they are needed. Your wheels are holding in your discs just fine.

Same, the wheel hub usually keeps them seated and i knock them off with a rubber mallet. But since this one comes with them im going to keep it.

Old 03-12-2018, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
I'll probably put them back, but add anti-seize to make sure they don't get stuck.

Old 03-12-2018, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

I've owned a few Hondas in the past, and I currently own my Fit, of course, and I've only seen these rotor screws on Hondas and Acuras.

I don't believe they are necessary, but I wanted to retain them because of my OCD.

Same, the wheel hub usually keeps them seated and i knock them off with a rubber mallet. But since this one comes with them im going to keep it.
If I'm not mistaken, the rotor screws are installed during the manufacturing process to help with the manufacturing process, but they're not needed by the consumer.

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...rews-necessary

I'll probably put them back, but add anti-seize to make sure they don't get stuck.
That's a great idea and it is exactly what I did with my new rotor screws before installing them!

Last edited by USDM; 03-12-2018 at 02:27 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:08 PM
5 Year Member
FWIW the screws are quite common on German/European cars,, From what I've seen they are common on most true hub-centric applications. Main reason to use them is to make sure the rotor is fully seated on the hub and stays that way when the wheels are off, like tire rotations etc.. I've had tire monkeys not notice and not get my wheels on tight a couple times when the rotor wasn't seated ..

Anti sieze is a really really good idea, just don't overdo it.. not necessary to goop the whole bolt, just a slight dab on first couple threads and it will get on all the threads..

Old 03-12-2018, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by dwtaylorpdx
FWIW the screws are quite common on German/European cars,, From what I've seen they are common on most true hub-centric applications. Main reason to use them is to make sure the rotor is fully seated on the hub and stays that way when the wheels are off, like tire rotations etc.. I've had tire monkeys not notice and not get my wheels on tight a couple times when the rotor wasn't seated ..

Anti sieze is a really really good idea, just don't overdo it.. not necessary to goop the whole bolt, just a slight dab on first couple threads and it will get on all the threads..
Thanks for the clarification!