3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Just traded in my 2015 EX for a 2018 sport

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 05:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wmo168
Wow you went from Keyless start to Key start and you are missing out on the 2018 EX with Honda Sensing and the Mirror Camera. I would get a 2018 EX
We just moved from our 2015 Fit EX to a 2018 EX 😀

Honda Sensing is great, Apple car play works great for us too. The suspension upgrade is noticeable as is the added interior sound proofing - I only wish the EX included the leather steering wheel (makes no sense to me)

Old 04-07-2018, 10:48 PM
as said those gizmos might seem like nice upgrades but it's also another thing that can break.......... Did you know if you have the windshield replaced you are supposed to have the camera recalibrated? same if you you do any suspension work. some companies are even suggesting after a simple wheel alignment. I happen to recalibrate ADAS systems for a living. We charge anywhere from $250-500 for a recalibration. most of the people I do their car tel me they keep it turned off and it's only getting done because ins is paying for it.

my wifes new 2018 Sport was purchased without it...........

Old 04-08-2018, 11:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sz28r

We just moved from our 2015 Fit EX to a 2018 EX 😀

Honda Sensing is great, Apple car play works great for us too. The suspension upgrade is noticeable as is the added interior sound proofing - I only wish the EX included the leather steering wheel (makes no sense to me)
Awesome! I bet a lot of people will be doing the same thing as us! All it took was a test drive for me. I instantly noticed the suspension improvements and quieter interior.

luckily Apple car play is standard on the FIT Sport models as well. Sensing is available as an option on sport and LX but as other have noted, adding it makes the price of a Sport so close to an EX that a lot of people would rather just buy the EX.

It's too bad that we have to compromise on certain features when choosing between these sub models. I would've just ordered a car and waited if I could've cherry picked every option that I wanted but instead you have to pick the model that is outfitted closest to what you like. although there really isn't much that I would change, maybe keyless drive? but it would be less of an issue if I wasn't used to having it in my last FIT.

Old 04-09-2018, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by Fuelish
And they still have the hideous, totally useless red plastic pieces on the hatch....they should be lights...or at least reflectors. Black PlastiDip is a quick fix
agreed...i just did mine lol

Old 04-09-2018, 03:38 PM
congrats on the car! lovin my 18 sport as well

Old 04-12-2018, 01:13 PM
Cool, I'm happy for you man. Be sure to update us on how the new car feels once you break it in.

Old 04-12-2018, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitchet
Does the Sport model have a different front hood? Or is it just the angle of the photo and the grill garnish difference. In the photo, it actually looks shorter.
Either way, I do like the Sport front end look better. Looks more upright and aggressive.

To me the back ends? Kind of a wash. They seem to of actually toned down the look of the back end with the Sport.
Sort of, once again- the opposite. Front end on the sport, more aggressive, back end less.
I may actually like the back end of the EX better. I like the more distinct, prominent bumper.
The grille protrudes more on the '18. This is so the "H" emblem is more vertical in order to house some of the "Honda Sense" sensors, if equipped.

Personally, the bumpers on the '18 are growing on me, but I don't like the new grille and headlamp/parking lamp unit.