3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Rear View Camera Shot

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitchet
That confused old fart is right.
It is just another thing to break. Evidence....this thread.

All these things are great until lenses get foggy, or camera's get stuck and don't pop out.

I enjoy these advances and improvements.
But I also remember that we drove cars bigger, heavier, than these, for decades, with nothing more than mirrors and our own ability to turn our head.
Well, that was the useful function of tail fins-they provided a marker for the rear corners of the car. I remember my mother looking at potential new cars and rejecting car after car because she "couldn't see the corners of the car when she looked back."

At least with the Fit there's not an additional 8 feet of car sticking out beyond the back window.

Old 04-29-2018, 06:21 PM
5 Year Member
The back up camera image is clearer on my 2013 Civic Si than my 2018 Fit Sport. So i'm just guessing that since the Fit is more of a budget car they used a lesser quality camera as compared to the Civic. I could be wrong but that is what my eyes are telling me.

Old 04-30-2018, 06:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by freak4afit
The back up camera image is clearer on my 2013 Civic Si than my 2018 Fit Sport. So i'm just guessing that since the Fit is more of a budget car they used a lesser quality camera as compared to the Civic. I could be wrong but that is what my eyes are telling me.
I don't know how your 2018 looks, but my 2015 is very good. When the weather gets warm and dry, I'll take my son's camera out and see if it will come apart so I can dry the inside - if that's the problem.

Old 01-09-2023, 09:03 PM
Camera display at night

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this question....
When I first got my '16 Honda Fit (non navigational display) and I drove at night, my multi-view camera display would automatically be bright when I would shift into reverse with the headlights on. After I had to replace the battery, it now displays as dim and I have to push the night/day brightness button in order to be able to see again.
If my headlights are off then it is bright, but dims when headlights are turned on.

Anybody know the trick to change it back to bright setting regardless of the headlights are on or off?

Old 01-10-2023, 06:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by m.loflin68
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this question....
When I first got my '16 Honda Fit (non navigational display) and I drove at night, my multi-view camera display would automatically be bright when I would shift into reverse with the headlights on. After I had to replace the battery, it now displays as dim and I have to push the night/day brightness button in order to be able to see again.
If my headlights are off then it is bright, but dims when headlights are turned on.

Anybody know the trick to change it back to bright setting regardless of the headlights are on or off?
"If my headlights are off then it is bright, but dims when headlights are turned on."

Mine (2015 EX) has always worked that way. The idea is that when it's dark out, the light is reduced - something like dimming the rearview mirror. Otherwise, when you reverse at night, you would have a bright display in your face.

Old 01-10-2023, 06:06 PM
5 Year Member
Turn the thin knob above and left of the mileage reading on the odometer to adjust light up or down.

Old 01-11-2023, 08:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by exl500
Turn the thin knob above and left of the mileage reading on the odometer to adjust light up or down.
Thanks. I'll try that tonight. I thought that just changed the brightness of the instrument lights, but I'll give it a try.