3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Exhaust system for 18 SPORT

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 04:29 PM
Exhaust system for 18 SPORT

Hey everyone, any thoughts on a good exhaust that’s not to aggressive for a 2018 Sport?

Old 08-02-2018, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
you'll want to sift thru this thread, and learn what other 2018+ Sport owners have shared/gone through ....

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...5-gk-jazz.html

Old 08-02-2018, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
you'll want to sift thru this thread, and learn what other 2018+ Sport owners have shared/gone through ....

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...5-gk-jazz.html
thanks I saw that which is why I changed my post to CVT the ones that are mentioned are not for CVT

Old 08-02-2018, 08:05 PM
5 Year Member
theres a super important piece of info that you overlooked.... something that affects strictly 2018+ sport models.... you should consider reading that entire thread.... start from the newest posts, and work your way to the older ones

Old 08-02-2018, 08:23 PM
theres a super important piece of info that you overlooked.... something that affects strictly 2018+ sport models.... you should consider reading that entire thread.... start from the newest posts, and work your way to the older ones
Yes, I knew that. I wanted to get the HKS hi power exhaust unfortunately that does not fit the sport models. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Old 08-02-2018, 09:00 PM
5 Year Member
your original post made no mention of your awareness, therefore I assumed you didn't know

using that same "awareness", lets hope you can channel that same energy and find yourself some positive results on an exhaust that'll fit

best of luck

Old 08-03-2018, 02:43 AM
your original post made no mention of your awareness, therefore I assumed you didn't know

using that same "awareness", lets hope you can channel that same energy and find yourself some positive results on an exhaust that'll fit

best of luck
thanks man. you’re right, I should have mentioned that to get better results.

Old 08-03-2018, 12:34 PM
5 Year Member
Tanabe, sounds great, great quality.

Old 08-03-2018, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by DaGou
Tanabe, sounds great, great quality.
thanks man. I’ve noticed that a lot of exhausts don’t work with CVT do you know if it’s compatible?

Old 08-05-2018, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by Matt Van Riper

thanks man. I’ve noticed that a lot of exhausts don’t work with CVT do you know if it’s compatible?

Whats wrong with the Bisimoto? I read through the post, doesn’t seem to be a huge deal to get any of your options to fit the Sport (I’m assuming we’re talking about the whole orientation of the hangers?) Looks like you can either pay a few bucks to get some welding done or you can piece together a workaround.

I’m leaning towards the Bisimoto myself (18 Sport MT) because it’s pretty low key both visually and sonically and it looks to line up pretty well with the cutout on the Sport rear. (I’d be into a Tanabe if it didn’t have dual tips, I think a subtle sounding largish but not stoopit big single tip would look sweet centered in the Sport cutout, so if you find one I’d love to hear about it)

I do notice the Bisimoto is a bit shy of the cutout (kinda hiding under there which is kinda cool actually), will it leave some shmutz on the underside/rear of bumper? Idk. But I like the funky look of it, it sounds good, and it doesn’t seem like a big thing to fit it on a Sport. (Although, I had no idea there was a difference between exhaust options for CVT vs MT so maybe I don’t know ish) Keep us posted anyhoo...

Old 08-05-2018, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by UnFitParent

Whats wrong with the Bisimoto? I read through the post, doesn’t seem to be a huge deal to get any of your options to fit the Sport (I’m assuming we’re talking about the whole orientation of the hangers?) Looks like you can either pay a few bucks to get some welding done or you can piece together a workaround.

I’m leaning towards the Bisimoto myself (18 Sport MT) because it’s pretty low key both visually and sonically and it looks to line up pretty well with the cutout on the Sport rear. (I’d be into a Tanabe if it didn’t have dual tips, I think a subtle sounding largish but not stoopit big single tip would look sweet centered in the Sport cutout, so if you find one I’d love to hear about it)

I do notice the Bisimoto is a bit shy of the cutout (kinda hiding under there which is kinda cool actually), will it leave some shmutz on the underside/rear of bumper? Idk. But I like the funky look of it, it sounds good, and it doesn’t seem like a big thing to fit it on a Sport. (Although, I had no idea there was a difference between exhaust options for CVT vs MT so maybe I don’t know ish) Keep us posted anyhoo...

unfortunately the Bisimoto is not compatible with a CVT

Old 08-05-2018, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Matt Van Riper
unfortunately the Bisimoto is not compatible with a CVT
I have one on my CVT...

Old 08-05-2018, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by UnFitRick
I have one on my CVT...
rick says it fits. .. it fits

matt van riper, you'll need to reconsider where you get your info from

Old 08-05-2018, 10:28 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
cvt..keep the exhaust stock for good reason. i usually mod my cars but not the GK this time cause its cvt (my wife cant drive MT). sounds horrible like a novice riding the clutch.. or a dying vacuum cleaner.

Old 08-05-2018, 10:36 PM
Like this?

Old 08-06-2018, 07:37 AM
5 Year Member
A lot of companies will only build/fit on the stick shift version and say it works there, without saying it fits on the CVT version. HKS does that on their Silent HI-Power for the GK5. It says it's only for the manual, but I have it on my 2015 CVT.