3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Worthwhile upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 06:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
. just save your money for a dedicated fun car. GL in your choices.
The Civic Type R would be a heckuva choice …..if it wasn't so, ummmmm, how do you say???? UGLY!!!! That car would've been awesome if they hadn't made it look like a freaking Hot Wheels toy. My brother's Golf R is quite nice, and doesn't look gaudy....both out of my financial reach at this time, though....we'll see after tonight's MegaMillions lottery

Old 12-28-2018, 07:48 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fuelish
The Civic Type R would be a heckuva choice …..if it wasn't so, ummmmm, how do you say???? UGLY!!!! That car would've been awesome if they hadn't made it look like a freaking Hot Wheels toy. My brother's Golf R is quite nice, and doesn't look gaudy....both out of my financial reach at this time, though....we'll see after tonight's MegaMillions lottery
GL with the lottery! yah, i completely agree on the CTR. even if i had extra garage space that is one car that will never make it to my home.

Old 12-28-2018, 09:43 PM
Honestly, both the GK Fit in Sport trim and the CTR are very similar in design. Both are in the garage and completely different from each other, but the Fit takes so many cues from the CTR like the spoiler, fog light surround and headlights, rake, etc. I think the Fit looks damn cool, and I can see where it gets it from.

Old 12-28-2018, 10:10 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
congrats on your CTR and GK and is that a CRV? honda family. appearance is all personal preference but mainly for me, i only buy AWD now. although my next fun car will be RWD again.. the latest M2 Competition in MT..maybe the modern day E46 M3.

im real happy with my recent honda purchase though. honda generator. my kid was joking put a TYPE-R decal on it for 50 extra HP. haha!

Old 12-28-2018, 10:45 PM
5 Year Member
Nice looking R!! I ran with one in my Fit on a back road before. I knew the Fit didn't stand a chance but I went for it anyway. A true work of engineering and art that CTR!

We truly live in a time of some great automobiles. Detroit, Germany and Japan have been putting out some real gems and its a great time to be a car enthusiast.

Old 12-29-2018, 09:56 AM
Everyone knows a red "H" or a Type R sticker automatically adds HP. This is actually a worthwhile upgrade for a Fit.

Old 12-29-2018, 02:18 PM
5 Year Member
The 2 biggest things (and they're not huge) I've done that I feel truly worthwhile in terms of the driving feel would be the Progress rear sway bar, and the weighted shift knob …..car feels more planted, and the shift feels more positive - the factory shift knob is like a '70's video game shift knob, might weigh 2 ounces.....definitely worth swapping out. The other couple of things I've done were worthwhile to me personally, were the Tanabe Medallion Touring axleback - sounds really nice - and the "ram air" duct I bought from Touge here - it's a nice piece. Fatter/better tires are on the agenda come next year ….previous owner had put new tires on it not long before selling it, and these damn Coopers are wearing really well....LOL

Old 12-29-2018, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
hes earned my respect. even though sometimes hes a big meanie.

I like to think of him as the soup nazi from that 1 episode of seinfeld.
This is the only way I ever want to be compared to anything involving the word nazi haha

I hope I've been less of a butthead lately. Maybe I haven't, but there's been a conscious effort.

Originally Posted by Fuelish
The 2 biggest things (and they're not huge) I've done that I feel truly worthwhile in terms of the driving feel would be the Progress rear sway bar, and the weighted shift knob …..car feels more planted, and the shift feels more positive - the factory shift knob is like a '70's video game shift knob, might weigh 2 ounces.....definitely worth swapping out. The other couple of things I've done were worthwhile to me personally, were the Tanabe Medallion Touring axleback - sounds really nice - and the "ram air" duct I bought from Touge here - it's a nice piece. Fatter/better tires are on the agenda come next year ….previous owner had put new tires on it not long before selling it, and these damn Coopers are wearing really well....LOL
Big agree on a shift knob. I took the OEM weighted knob out of my S2000 and put it in the Fit. Very nice improvement.