Stereo Quit Working!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 02:01 PM
Stereo Quit Working!!!

I was heading to class today listening to music from my jump drive (cleared everything off it and reloaded with just music, worked in my other car for over a year with no problems), when I noticed that my LaneWatch didn't turn on with my blinker. Pushed the button for it, and nothing happened. Then about 10-15 seconds later, the screen went black, but music kept playing. I had no control of what song was playing, no Bluetooth, no backup camera, no LaneWatch, no voice commands.....nothing. I unplugged my jump drive and it kept playing for a few seconds and then stopped. Power button didn't do anything, pressing it once or press-and-holding it. Called my sales guy, and he thought it was the screen brightness button, which did nothing.

If this helps, I did hear some random beeps from the stereo (backup camera activating noise), but no pattern as to when it beeped. I did try restarting the car, but nothing changed. I'm taking my car in after class, but any insights as to what it would be? It seems like it's just overloaded, but idk what it would be from.

Old 10-22-2014, 02:23 PM
That's unusual... What other devices do you have hooked up? have you ever used that drive before in your car? must be something in that drive... how likely is it that that drive has had a virus and your EX just happened to catch it?

also double check your files if they are all compatible. user manual says its possible for other versions of mp3, wma, or aac to be unsupported, and that might lead to problems reading the drive.

Old 10-22-2014, 02:35 PM
I have just my Galaxy S4 hooked up through Bluetooth. I have been using the drive in it since I got the car a month ago, but I used it with the Kenwood head unit in my other car for over a year without issue. I was listening to the same songs yesterday to, without issues. Like I said, I cleared everything from it before adding music, and I get my music from MP3Fiesta (never had issues with their music) or CDs that I rip with iTunes. Is it really possible that after using my drive for so long, a virus finally came out and crippled my system?

Old 10-22-2014, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by esnave09
I have just my Galaxy S4 hooked up through Bluetooth. I have been using the drive in it since I got the car a month ago, but I used it with the Kenwood head unit in my other car for over a year without issue. I was listening to the same songs yesterday to, without issues. Like I said, I cleared everything from it before adding music, and I get my music from MP3Fiesta (never had issues with their music) or CDs that I rip with iTunes. Is it really possible that after using my drive for so long, a virus finally came out and crippled my system?
esnave,

Sorry to hear about this. Your concern seems to be very unusual. I would suggest bringing your vehicle to a local Honda dealership for a diagnosis on the issue. If you would like to have us involved, please private message with your full name, VIN, mileage and dealer so we can better assist you.

Thank you,

Jonathan

Old 10-22-2014, 05:08 PM
I'm having a similar problem, but in an LX model. My iPod Nano (5th generation) looks like it's playing, but no sound comes out. Also, the stereo doesn't seem to notice my phone on Bluetooth for music, though it works just fine for telephone calls (iPhone 4S). This has been happening since yesterday evening, and I only got the car on Saturday.

I tried connecting my phone via the USB port, same cable, and it recognizes and plays music on it just fine that way, so fortunately I'm not yet left at the mercy of the radio.

I looked through the manual and found where the stereo system can be reset to factory settings, so I'm going to give that a try this evening when I get home and see if that will help.

Old 08-05-2015, 03:12 PM
The same thing just happened to me! I've had my Fit since February, have been using the same USB drive this entire time, and all of a sudden it started to play a song again. I tried to use both the steering wheel-mounted controls and the display and nothing worked. Hit the power button, tried source, and now the display is all screwed up and really slow to respond to any type of command before it gets stuck.

Did anyone have any luck with anything besides the dealer? I'm not in the mood to deal with them right now!