So it looks like the new 2016 model does not have Android Auto or Carplay

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 08:27 AM
So it looks like the new 2016 model does not have Android Auto or Carplay

Seriously. How is this even possible? Honda is just really behind the times. They do give the crappy infotainment which Consumer Reports completely hated. Way to stick with the times Honda. You just lost yourself a lifelong customer.:

2016 Honda Fit - Options and Pricing - Official Site

Old 07-01-2015, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by phillyfit08
Seriously. How is this even possible? Honda is just really behind the times. They do give the crappy infotainment which Consumer Reports completely hated. Way to stick with the times Honda. You just lost yourself a lifelong customer.:

2016 Honda Fit - Options and Pricing - Official Site
So what car manufacturers WILL have this in 2016 models?? Just curious...

Old 07-01-2015, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by Redd
So what car manufacturers WILL have this in 2016 models?? Just curious...
From what I recall:

All 2016 VWs
12 models of Chevy (including the Spark which is cheaper than the Fit)
Ford and Toyota are going with Sync3 which will be open source and should be able to support both Android Auto and Carplay
Cadiillacs
Hyundai already has it in their Sonata and are most likely going to have it in all their newer models
There were a bunch of others but they weren't on my radar for "next possible car"

*Also Honda doesn't even support Android......which is insane nowadays. They used to have something on their site saying "Android support coming soon" (or something to that effect) but they took it down awhile ago. I am in tech field and that just shows me they have no idea what they are doing.

Last edited by phillyfit08; 07-01-2015 at 10:55 AM.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by phillyfit08
From what I recall:

All 2016 VWs
12 models of Chevy (including the Spark which is cheaper than the Fit)
Ford and Toyota are going with Sync3 which will be open source and should be able to support both Android Auto and Carplay
Cadiillacs
Hyundai already has it in their Sonata and are most likely going to have it in all their newer models
There were a bunch of others but they weren't on my radar for "next possible car"

*Also Honda doesn't even support Android......which is insane nowadays. They used to have something on their site saying "Android support coming soon" (or something to that effect) but they took it down awhile ago. I am in tech field and that just shows me they have no idea what they are doing.
Wow now I feel behind the times haha! I was happy just to have Bluetooth coming from a 2001 Camry

Old 07-01-2015, 01:53 PM
STILL No heated side mirror, turn signal winkers, or heated seats in the EX model. Plus the EX-L model only offered in a CVT transmission in the states whereas the 6MT & CVT is an option in Canada. FMR!!!

Guess my JD Power survey fell on deaf ears. Way to go Honda, guess you like shooting yourself in the foot.

Reminds me of my years beta testing new audio mixers from a popular audio electronics company. Their 1st gen of the analog/digital hybrid mixers the firmware code was developed by a third party, and the cost was extreme for them to get things fixed, bugs, updates, etc. They then got smart for the 2nd gen and brought the developers and coding in house. Once they did that I was able to troubleshoot firmware code within days instead of weeks and got the firmware to be perfect on target BEFORE PRODUCT LAUNCH so they can deliver what they advertised. I even got a free $1200 retail mixer out of the deal one time!

Sadly, Honda has not learned this.

Old 08-25-2015, 02:41 PM
So I already talked to VW dealer and I am lined up to buy 2016 Golf when it comes next week. The tipping point was Android Auto. As a last ditch effort I sent a tweet to Honda:

@Honda The 2016 VW Golfs are coming out with Android Auto and Carplay. Is the Fit or HRV going to have either of them?

their reply:

@schnapster Hi Mike! Honda will deploy Apple CarPlay & Android Auto broadly across the line-up. More information will follow. Stay tuned!

So all hope is not lost on the Fit getting Android Auto......but I am not holding my breathe.

Old 10-10-2015, 09:20 PM
5 Year Member
From this advertisement it looks like they have Android Auto in a Honda Jazz GK5.