Anyone Using the Nav App?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 11:19 AM
5 Year Member
Anyone Using the Nav App?

I have credits at the App Store and am considering the Nav App. The reviews on iTunes seem to indicate that it's mediocre at best. No spoken street names, and low audio seem to be the chief complaints. There's also mention of the iPhone display staying on all the time, causing the phone to heat up significantly. There aren't too many reviews, and there are some very positive ones posted as well. I should say that I wouldn't use it much, but it's something to have along with HondaLink.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by LLLC1393
I have credits at the App Store and am considering the Nav App. The reviews on iTunes seem to indicate that it's mediocre at best. No spoken street names, and low audio seem to be the chief complaints. There's also mention of the iPhone display staying on all the time, causing the phone to heat up significantly. There aren't too many reviews, and there are some very positive ones posted as well. I should say that I wouldn't use it much, but it's something to have along with HondaLink.
I have been using the Honda nav app since I purchase my Fit in May. I always keep the volume off on navigations and prefer to just use the visual on the screen so I can't comment on the volume.

I have not had any problems with the app. I only use it occasionally, maybe once a month, and it has always provided me with accurate directions that got me to my destinations fairly quickly.

Since I was expecting a stripped down version of Honda's full featured navigations, like in my Wife's MDX, I have been pretty happy. The app is nothing more than a simple program that will get you where you need to go without too many extra features.

If you are expecting an app that is comparable to the stock nav in the EX-L Nav you will be disappointed. If you are expecting a simple, no-frills version of the Honda nav then you should be satisfied.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by rennigade
I have been using the Honda nav app since I purchase my Fit in May. I always keep the volume off on navigations and prefer to just use the visual on the screen so I can't comment on the volume.

I have not had any problems with the app. I only use it occasionally, maybe once a month, and it has always provided me with accurate directions that got me to my destinations fairly quickly.

Since I was expecting a stripped down version of Honda's full featured navigations, like in my Wife's MDX, I have been pretty happy. The app is nothing more than a simple program that will get you where you need to go without too many extra features.

If you are expecting an app that is comparable to the stock nav in the EX-L Nav you will be disappointed. If you are expecting a simple, no-frills version of the Honda nav then you should be satisfied.
Thanks for the feedback. Any concerns with your phone while the app is running? I've read that the display stays on and the phone gets hot as long as the nav app is running.