3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

First Delivery! 2015 Red EX!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 01:33 AM
First impressions: A car fit to be called a Fit. Only drove about 40 miles, had to get back to the list of things I was doing before I got the surprise call from the dealer. Strong acceleration, more than my prior 2009 Fit Sport. Smooth on the freeway at 70 mph, with eco showing about 40-45 mpg when level and using cruise control. Too early for more detailed ride report, and other sites are professionals at this.

Like the new reclining seat arrangement, but I think I have to adjust to get the front seat completely flat. Very comfortable in lounge position, but not sure how it will be when riding in that position.

All the good cargo and flexibility stuff of the Fit, plus lots of tech and features. Moonroof is NICE! BT paired instantly with my BlackBerry Z30 and playing podcasts and stored music, and using phone mode was simple and stitraightforward. Supposedly it has AM and FM, but I rarely use that. It does have other apps if you are an Appleite.

Other tech is great, such as proximity locks and ignition.

A few minor nits for me. No passenger side cup holder on dash (wife not too thrilled). No upper storage compartment above glove box. Fewer nooks for storage between the seats. But that is offset by a very deep storage console between the seats with power and USB connectors. Finally, the driver legroom seemed to be a little bit shorter than on the 2009. Did not have instruments to measure, just a feeling while sitting there. But none of these nits would prevent me from buying this car again in a heartbeat.

Nothing to indicate a quality issue. This looks and runs like vintage Honda.

Looking forward to other reports from new owners.
Cheers!

Old 05-30-2014, 01:41 AM
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Will be waiting the first "OWNED" GK impressions as time moves forward. Great pics and your red is looking good in that sunny CA sunset!!!!

BIG Congrats!!!!
Thanks! I was monitoring this site after I got the dealer call, and was really surprised to end up as the first owner. I feel some performance anxiety now, expectations of photos and descriptions.

Old 05-30-2014, 01:48 AM
One more thing...

THANK YOU to the members if this site for all of the great information, impressions, rumors, opinions, and recommendations.

Even though I had a 2009 Fit, this site was invaluable to get the latest on the 2015 Fit. Including the suggestion to visit the dealer to make an advance purchase. That was key to getting one of the first cars.

Thanks again!

Old 05-30-2014, 01:53 AM
5 Year Member
Brian, how is the ride quality and steering feel? Does it feel considerably improved over your 2009 Fit?

Old 05-30-2014, 02:04 AM
5 Year Member
A San Diegan with a new Fit! Let's have a meet!

Old 05-30-2014, 02:24 AM
Originally Posted by FIT4LIFE
Brian, how is the ride quality and steering feel? Does it feel considerably improved over your 2009 Fit?
Both were noticeably better than my 2009 Sport. Not sure if that is difference between the models or the fact my 2009 had 150,000 miles. Stronger acceleration, even in the eco mode. That was the biggest difference. Out of eco, I can see the better acceleration noted by Car/Driver. Steering seemed to be more precise, despite what is reported in some reviews. Seems like a little higher clearance too, crossing swales between parking areas and street.

Haven't pushed the car (it's only hours old) but I already see performance improvements. All this with better gas mileage (at least forecast on the data readouts, nowhere near the point where I need to fill up (dealer gave me a full tank on delivery, another nice touch.)

I'm more about the Leatherman Tool aspect of the Fit (lots of functions and flexibility) and it clearly leaves the Gen 2 Fit in the dust. So far, 100% happy.

Old 05-30-2014, 02:51 AM
5 Year Member
Glad for you, though check to make sure they didn't replace the engine with the one from the Versa Note.

Old 05-30-2014, 04:57 AM
Hey Brian I was wonder how tall are you? And how do you feel the head room is with the moon roof there?
I'm 6 foot 4 and I fit fine in a in a 2013 when I test drove and I can't wait to see if I can fit comfortably in the EX being it does have less head room.

Old 05-30-2014, 05:29 AM
5 Year Member
If you don't mind- What was your before cost?

And final cost including taxes, doc fee, tire fees and license fees

Old 05-30-2014, 08:27 AM
5 Year Member
In one of the interior pictures of Bryan's car it shows the Adam Corolla show is on the radio through bluetooth. I understand that only the top of the line EX-L with navigation has satellite radio. How are other people dealing with that fact and how do you get around that?

Old 05-30-2014, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by warrsega
In one of the interior pictures of Bryan's car it shows the Adam Corolla show is on the radio through bluetooth. I understand that only the top of the line EX-L with navigation has satellite radio. How are other people dealing with that fact and how do you get around that?
I am not 100% clear on this but there are some apps that link to your smart phone which give you access to all kinds of stations, I am assuming it is pulling it from the net not sat radio.

On Edit: Ok I checked, there is an AHA app you download for free and connect by bluetooth which gives you access to hundreds of different stations of all kinds talk, social, sports, news etc. Its almost like having sat radio but using your smartphone. Make sure you have plenty of data on your phone though.

Same thing goes for navigation, Honda has a nav app you can download to your phone for $60 that can be tied to the display and you can then use the display as your navigation, it has to be tethered with a cable and I think currently only the Iphone will work but it replicates the screen on the phone including pinch and zoom and is also tied to voice recognition for using siri from a button on the wheel.

Last edited by tmfit; 05-30-2014 at 08:41 AM.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by Brianflys
One more thing...

THANK YOU to the members if this site for all of the great information, impressions, rumors, opinions, and recommendations.

Even though I had a 2009 Fit, this site was invaluable to get the latest on the 2015 Fit. Including the suggestion to visit the dealer to make an advance purchase. That was key to getting one of the first cars.

Thanks again!
. Thank you for posting! How many rpm does it turn at steady 70 mph on flat surface? Quiet ride? Thanks again

Old 05-30-2014, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by Brianflys
First impressions: A car fit to be called a Fit. Only drove about 40 miles, had to get back to the list of things I was doing before I got the surprise call from the dealer. Strong acceleration, more than my prior 2009 Fit Sport. Smooth on the freeway at 70 mph, with eco showing about 40-45 mpg when level and using cruise control. Too early for more detailed ride report, and other sites are professionals at this.

Like the new reclining seat arrangement, but I think I have to adjust to get the front seat completely flat. Very comfortable in lounge position, but not sure how it will be when riding in that position.

All the good cargo and flexibility stuff of the Fit, plus lots of tech and features. Moonroof is NICE! BT paired instantly with my BlackBerry Z30 and playing podcasts and stored music, and using phone mode was simple and stitraightforward. Supposedly it has AM and FM, but I rarely use that. It does have other apps if you are an Appleite.

Other tech is great, such as proximity locks and ignition.

A few minor nits for me. No passenger side cup holder on dash (wife not too thrilled). No upper storage compartment above glove box. Fewer nooks for storage between the seats. But that is offset by a very deep storage console between the seats with power and USB connectors. Finally, the driver legroom seemed to be a little bit shorter than on the 2009. Did not have instruments to measure, just a feeling while sitting there. But none of these nits would prevent me from buying this car again in a heartbeat.

Nothing to indicate a quality issue. This looks and runs like vintage Honda.

Looking forward to other reports from new owners.
Cheers!
Hey Brian those pics were sweet! Does the car have telescopic steering? And since u have the CVT, what's the actual rpm the engine sits at when you're cruising around 70-80 mph socal speeds? Noisy in there?

Old 05-30-2014, 09:24 AM
5 Year Member
Grats! We both got red now i just need MINE to come in!

I wonder if it was a fluke or if they've actually started distributing their inventory.

Old 05-30-2014, 12:38 PM
Congrats! Thanks for posting photos & driving impressions. Glad to hear the steering feel is good enough. Pretty sure I'm looking forward to get this when it's available in Canada (still have to wait 2 - 3 months from now, I guess).

The thing about the 2015 Fit is that we can slap a "DOHC iVTEC" sticker from Civic Si, and it will still be legit.

Old 05-30-2014, 02:03 PM
Hey Brian I was wonder how tall are you? And how do you feel the head room is with the moon roof there?
I'm about 5'10" and "thick". Maybe 4-5 inches of headroom for me, but will vary for folks depending on your frame, seat back angle, etc.

If you don't mind- What was your before cost? Final cost?
Paid MSRP for the EX. Out the door was just shy of $21K for California.

One other thing, heard another dealer in the area is tacking on a $1200 added profit sticker on the new Fits. So do your shopping ahead of time. Will not say who, no need to give them publicity. On the other hand, DCH Honda of Mission Valley treated me very well, honored the advance selling price, left off the extra high-cost items (wheel locks, rear deck applique, etc) as instructed, and was very good to deal with.

I understand that only the top of the line EX-L with navigation has satellite radio. How are other people dealing with that fact and how do you get around that?
I just use other audio apps on my phone and stream as BT to the car (I have unlimited data). Nobex, Apollo (BB version of Pandora), Tunein, etc.

Thank you for posting! How many rpm does it turn at steady 70 mph on flat surface? Quiet ride?
Tach shows about 2200 RPM at 70 mph on flat road. Doesn't change with Eco mode. Pretty quiet in my opinion. You notice the engine noise on acceleration. With the CVT, the acceleration engine noise varies with accelerator pedal pressure, so as you press and let up, the RPM and noise cycles immediately, rather than staying more constant with standard gearing. I find myself concentrating on holding steady pedal pressure to keep the RPM and noise at constant level. Not a problem, just different with the CVT.

Does the car have telescopic steering?
Yes. Telescopes a couple of inches in addition to the up/down adjustment.

One more thing on the recline mode for passenger seat. Found out if you recline the rear seat to the rear setting, the front seatback does drop down all the way to meet with the rear seat bottom, creating a relatively flat surface (taking the seat padding into consideration). So this would be pretty comfortable.

That's it for now. Gotta get some work done.

Last edited by Brianflys; 05-30-2014 at 02:07 PM.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the info Bryan! I think it is safe to say we were all waiting on the edge for your report! I liked everything you described!

Old 05-30-2014, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
I've heard the car chirps instead of honks when setting the alarm. True?

Old 05-30-2014, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by tmfit
Thanks for the info Bryan! I think it is safe to say we were all waiting on the edge for your report! I liked everything you described!
You have my initial report. Oh yeah, it does chirp on door lock.

I'm waiting for you guys to get your cars and give some real enthusiast reports.

Last edited by Brianflys; 05-30-2014 at 03:17 PM.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:24 PM
Well I called my dealer this morning and told him some were in the states now and wondered if he had heard anything. He said last he heard was middle of June.

Quick Reply: First Delivery! 2015 Red EX!