3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

First Delivery! 2015 Red EX!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by tmfit
Well I called my dealer this morning and told him some were in the states now and wondered if he had heard anything. He said last he heard was middle of June.
Road trip to California?

Old 05-30-2014, 05:14 PM
5 Year Member
Is it just an aberration that Brian received a fit early and we must all wait until June 15th to buy one?

Old 05-30-2014, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by warrsega
Is it just an aberration that Brian received a fit early and we must all wait until June 15th to buy one?
San Diego is the site of one of the US Honda Distribution facilities. I expect that Brian's early delivery could have had more to do with the proximity of his dealer to the distribution facility than anything else and that other dealers may see cars begin showing up in the next several days. I have had dealers tell me that trucks with cars sometimes roll in without advance notice.

Old 05-30-2014, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by Brianflys
Road trip to California?
LOL, hmmmmm nawww I think I will wait. That would be about 5000miles round trip, bout the time I got back mine would probably be here.

Old 05-30-2014, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by TCroly
San Diego is the site of one of the US Honda Distribution facilities. I expect that Brian's early delivery could have had more to do with the proximity of his dealer to the distribution facility than anything else and that other dealers may see cars begin showing up in the next several days. I have had dealers tell me that trucks with cars sometimes roll in without advance notice.
I literally just received the following email from my dealership moments ago. Not surprisingly, it seems like the roll-out to middle America (I'm in Kansas City) is slower than it will be to the coasts. What surprises me, however, is the lack of top-end trim lines coming in; check this out:

We are still unsure of the exact arrival date, but the first half of June is a safe bet. I wanted to let you know that there are only four Modern Steel EX-L 2015 Fits scheduled to arrive in KS & MO the first three months of deliveries.

I have secured one for Legends Honda. I am unsure if it will be shipped directly to our dealership or have to be transported/driven to Legends. Once I have an ETA I will let you know.

Respectfully,

Chevis

Old 05-30-2014, 08:40 PM
Any news on when LX trims might show up?

Old 05-30-2014, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
What's all this hype? In few months, dealerships will be full of unsold dusty Mexican fits with uneven body gaps.

People are anxious to get one must be without a vehicle or super fixated to satisfy the itch to acquire a new thing.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by john21031
What's all this hype? In few months, dealerships will be full of unsold dusty Mexican fits with uneven body gaps.

People are anxious to get one must be without a vehicle or super fixated to satisfy the itch to acquire a new thing.
For me, it boils down to two things: First, I need a new car (I'm driving a POS 2007 Dodge Caliber with 102k miles). Secondly, I (gasp!) actually like the car! I've been researching the Fit for well over a year when I began looking for a replacement for the Caliber, and this absolutely fits the bill. The Fit is affordable, fuel efficient, has great cargo space, and now increased passenger space. For a practical-minded person such as myself, the Fit is exactly what I've been looking for. And frankly, from what I've seen so far, I like the 2015 version over the previous versions.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
No passenger side cup holder on dash (wife not too thrilled). No upper storage compartment above glove box. Fewer nooks for storage between the seats. But that is offset by a very deep storage console between the seats with power and USB connectors.
I think it's a shame the upper glove box didn't survive. Looks like a big waste of space to me. Also odd is the lack of a passenger cup holder, especially since they went out of their way to give the driver a premium one it seems. Also the cubby behind the center cup holders is gone too. The addition of a center storage console is okay, but they tend to only be used by the driver and they become a deep trash heap over time. I've emptied them at times and been amazed at what I forgot I had down there. The lack of places to just put temporary stuff will undoubtedly lead to fill up the center cup holders with junk. Long and short, don't take away cup holders and storage options. That's a downgrade in that area, imo.

Old 05-30-2014, 10:26 PM
Are you tracking your mileage on fuelly?

Old 05-30-2014, 10:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Steve35
I literally just received the following email from my dealership moments ago. Not surprisingly, it seems like the roll-out to middle America (I'm in Kansas City) is slower than it will be to the coasts. What surprises me, however, is the lack of top-end trim lines coming in; check this out:

We are still unsure of the exact arrival date, but the first half of June is a safe bet. [B]I wanted to let you know that there are only four Modern Steel EX-L 2015 Fits scheduled to arrive in KS & MO the first three months of deliveries.[/B
That is not really surprising. The product mix of EX-L is only planned at 10%. Of those 40% are Navis. And then add in your color choice and you can see that very few cars of your particular specification are going to be produced. Maybe 0.8% of all cars made will be the color/trim that you have chosen. So maybe 80 such cars have been produced in this combination and 4 are in your metro area. That sounds about right.

That is why, if you really want a specific color/trim/transmission Fit, you need to contact your dealer about ordering one for you.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Steve35
For me, it boils down to two things: First, I need a new car (I'm driving a POS 2007 Dodge Caliber with 102k miles). Secondly, I (gasp!) actually like the car! I've been researching the Fit for well over a year when I began looking for a replacement for the Caliber, and this absolutely fits the bill. The Fit is affordable, fuel efficient, has great cargo space, and now increased passenger space. For a practical-minded person such as myself, the Fit is exactly what I've been looking for. And frankly, from what I've seen so far, I like the 2015 version over the previous versions.
I would say, "How can you know you like a car without having driven one?" Then I read Dodge Caliber and knew, you couldn't care less if a car drives like an MP4-4 or a sofa.

Old 05-31-2014, 01:37 AM
Originally Posted by Shockwave199
I think it's a shame the upper glove box didn't survive. Looks like a big waste of space to me. Also odd is the lack of a passenger cup holder, especially since they went out of their way to give the driver a premium one it seems. Also the cubby behind the center cup holders is gone too. The addition of a center storage console is okay, but they tend to only be used by the driver and they become a deep trash heap over time. I've emptied them at times and been amazed at what I forgot I had down there. The lack of places to just put temporary stuff will undoubtedly lead to fill up the center cup holders with junk. Long and short, don't take away cup holders and storage options. That's a downgrade in that area, imo.
A couple of clarifications on the "comfort" features. There is a cup holder (actually more of a water bottle/can holder) in the passenger door. There are also still the pair of cup holders in the center console beneath the dash.

Fortunately there is a storage bin forward of the cup holders that is of decent size, not as recessed as the earlier cubby, but still separate from the cup holders.

The center storage console (between the seats) does have 12v power and USB connectors, so I am running a power cable from the 12V jack to my phone, keeping the storage space and cup holders beneath the dash clear for now.

I agree there seems to be some wasted space where the upper storage bin and cup holder used to be. For all the well thought out improvements on this car, that was one noticeable bug in the design.

But there are so many improvements over the prior model, I can deal with these minor nits.

Improvements like the moonroof:

Last edited by Brianflys; 05-31-2014 at 01:39 AM.
Old 05-31-2014, 01:44 AM
Originally Posted by mecevans
Are you tracking your mileage on fuelly?
Still less than 1/2 tank used so far, so a little early to tell. I'll take this out on Sunday for a long freeway drive after topping the tank and see what the mileage looks like, and report back.

Old 05-31-2014, 01:48 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks Brian! Please keep the pics coming and your impressions coming of your beautiful new '15 Fit!

Old 05-31-2014, 01:54 AM
One other item. Here is the official Fuel economy/environmental part of the window sticker. Also the MSRP. This is for the 2015 EX automatic.

91e2cde7-0b37-4c24-a86c-4d98ab6ebb6c_zps87bbdbbd.jpg?t=1401515312

Old 05-31-2014, 07:52 AM
What is your impression of the CVT so far, now that you have a couple hundred miles on it?

Old 05-31-2014, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by john21031
Glad for you, though check to make sure they didn't replace the engine with the one from the Versa Note.
you mean this one?

Last edited by Note-ified; 06-01-2014 at 01:40 AM.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:39 AM
5 Year Member
Very nice! What brand & model tires on are on the 2015?
The Honda website doesn't even have the 2015 listed yet. Most dealers still have plenty of 2013s
Love the sunroof!

Old 05-31-2014, 12:50 PM
5 Year Member
Aghhghhghghghgh! Moonroof! Does it also tilt outwards, or it just goes inside?

Quick Reply: First Delivery! 2015 Red EX!