does anybody know when honda will get more fits?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 10:19 PM
does anybody know when honda will get more fits?

just wondering if anyone know when Honda is expecting more fits to come it, i know there is not many comming in because honda didnt expect much sales as it is doing. but yeah im looking for a white honda fit sport MT. so if anyone knows where to get one please let me know thanks.

billy

Old 10-10-2006, 11:33 PM
I've been trying to get one of those since June. Finally gave up and should be getting a red MT Sport in about a month.....

If you find one, I'll hate you.

JonasM

Old 10-10-2006, 11:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by UprisinFit
just wondering if anyone know when Honda is expecting more fits to come it, i know there is not many comming in because honda didnt expect much sales as it is doing. but yeah im looking for a white honda fit sport MT. so if anyone knows where to get one please let me know thanks.

billy
It will probably continue to be bad for many more months. Demand is still as strong as ever. Supply is pitiful. Your area is worse than most. Expect very high prices until the novelty wears off.

MT is hard to find. You can broaden your search and go out of state for the best selection best prices and still come out ahead and with a shorter wait. You can call around or email many dealers and find one close in another state that can ship it to you in SF.

More FIT sports are made than base FITs and more AT are made than MT. Combine that with the requirements of color and it can get pretty bad on the wait times.

If you allow for any color then it isn't going to be as long. Expect at least MSRP and sometimes a few extras you'd pay for. Try for states that have lower demand but some supply, AZ NM, NV, WY or OR.

Old 10-11-2006, 12:11 AM
damn that sucks that id have to wait a few months, ill wait to get the one i want, hopefully the demand wont be as bad as now. thanks for the help guys

Old 10-11-2006, 02:48 AM
5 Year Member
There is that talk about the China made FITs coming to the US to help with the low supply. See the forum on FIT News.

Some people don't want anything but the Japan built FITs mostly because of perceived build quality.

What makes people think that the Chinese cannot put together a well designed car? Maybe only inexperience. Probably will boil down to training, individual desire from each employee and the work ethic that the management encourages.

The first FITs came out this year in April. I looked in July and the demand was high. Right now it remains as high or worse than the summer. Other companies have more supply on their new cars now so that might help a little. If Honda releases a Hybrid FIT that might draw more interest back to the FIT.

The two basic problem for you is the high price and the long wait.

To avoid the long wait, order one or put a deposit down now or soon- many have been waiting 6 months.

To make the cost as low as possible widen your search area and be willing to drive far to get the car or ship it back to you. Even if you have to pay $1000 to ship the car you don't have to pay $3000 over MSRP buying locally.

Old 10-14-2006, 08:33 PM
5 Year Member
Call the dealer in Roseville. They had 4 Fits in June, but had a 5K markup. They quickly came down when I laughed at them.

Old 10-28-2006, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member
Hayward Honda had 3 Fits last night, red black and silver. Looked like all were sports.