Beware Chp

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Antpwny
Tint laws aren't just in CA, they're around the country. It's for officer safety that your tint isn't too dark. Easy to shoot an officer with your limo tinted windows rolled all the way up and he'd never know.
i wasn't refering to tint laws exclusively. the other week i was pulled over for an "unsafe start" - i was at a stop sign, it was hot, had the a/c on, nearly stalled but had a jerky take-off and the cop pulled me over. the week before that my uncle got a ticket for a "no-signal lane change." those are the laws i'm talking about

Old 08-26-2008, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
just google electrochromatic window shading or other variations such as electrochromism. It is mostly for home, office building, and aviation use, but the technology is out there and it will only expand to car applications soon enough.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:33 AM
I'm more worried about Cal Trans. They can track down your speed from almost anywhere that has speed monitor sensors. Also, they're not considered law enforcement, so they are able to record the data and turn it in to police if they want to. There's been instances where they have turned people in because people were constantly using illegal devices to manipulate traffic lights. At the same time, Cal Trans was tracking the car down and telling the cop the position of the car.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:49 AM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ToFit2Quit
I'm more worried about Cal Trans. They can track down your speed from almost anywhere that has speed monitor sensors. Also, they're not considered law enforcement, so they are able to record the data and turn it in to police if they want to. There's been instances where they have turned people in because people were constantly using illegal devices to manipulate traffic lights. At the same time, Cal Trans was tracking the car down and telling the cop the position of the car.

Cal Trans has speed traps, and red light traps... but they cannot enforce it without proper warning signs

Old 08-30-2008, 12:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ToFit2Quit
That's an urban myth. Caltrans can only get average hwy speeds, not individual cars. They have no way of tracking cars. The loops in the pavement aren't accurate enough to record individual vehicle speeds-heck I can't even set off left turn pockets sometimes. Most of their fwy cameras aren't high enough resolution to get any vehicle info other than color and maybe make.
Yes, the cops do have laser radar now (see my pulled over post), but caltrans can't even finish road projects on time so I'm sure they don't have time to try speed enforcement.