Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

2011 Fall Dragon Run...Oct 6th-9th

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 08:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Klasse Act
Those are the same very tires I have, never called them ECDWS'
I KNOW! That's what makes it all so funny!

Old 05-28-2011, 09:47 PM
I like your current name for the new tires your getting

Can't wait to see the pics of your new set up once you get them!

Old 06-05-2011, 04:05 PM
5 Year Member
My newest Dragon's Tail mods...

My newest Dragon's Tail mods...

Wheels & Tires

Chassis braces

Old 06-10-2011, 09:10 PM
Jim, it appears your Fit will be the one to watch this year amongst our Fits for sure

118 days to go

Old 06-11-2011, 06:55 AM
5 Year Member
Jim, it appears your Fit will be the one to watch this year amongst our Fits for sure
Well, maybe if someone else is driving it! LMAO That, and it's an A/T, so if I'm going to be on notice, I've got my work cut out for me!

Old 06-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Springs, bracing, those rims and tires....what a combo Don't worry about the auto either, although I didn't want an auto, the paddles work great out there, its almost like a video game with them.....almost

The Fit's light weight is key out there to taking advantage of the Dragon, the car is soooo tossable and because you've got springs/bracing your trip on the Skyway will be waaaay better than my first time out there, thank God I had upgraded tires/wheels and better width/aspect ratio too! You've got all the bases covered, now just go out there and hit a home run

Old 06-18-2011, 10:40 AM
Lightbulb What NOT to do out there!

....and what TO DO, well, if you've got 2 million dollars sitting around!

Old 06-20-2011, 10:04 AM
/\ Yeah I saw those pics on killboy a couple of weeks ago, I would have given anything to watch those 2 Veyrons roll thru! I ended up getting my new wheels on this weekend, ready to roll at the Dragon.

Old 06-21-2011, 05:58 PM
Nice look Balla

now you just need a nice set of custom, acrylic domed centercap decals, Motor City Vinyl Graphics. Vinyl decals, automotive graphics, signs, lettering, custom emblems, domed, printed, and more - Home Ask for Vince, great guy and he's the one who made my custom HONDA centercap decals for my rims, about $25.00

107 days to go!

Old 06-21-2011, 09:23 PM
Thanks man. I will check out those decals. I just got done solving the issues with rubbing in the rear tonight. I ended up hammering in the metal on the rear fender and cutting away on the plastic side. I can hit a bump going 70 and no more grind! Now, I can actually drive it hard, like it was meant to be!

Also, Jim - I have an auto too, so that makes 3 of us. Unfortunately, I have a base and dont get your cool paddles . Can't wait to tear it up with you guys!

Last edited by BallerStatus; 06-21-2011 at 09:27 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:36 PM
5 Year Member
Heading down this weekend probably.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:33 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Hondafrk
Heading down this weekend probably.
Yeah, yeah, rub it in....have fun and hope you save some time to make it out with our group, heck, even stay the night with the group one time if your not exactly close to us in Tellico Plains.

105 days to go guys!

BTW, I'm getting some new rims this Sat, I hope, if they come in! Going with the Drag DR20's 16 x 7 +40mm offset, just like my current set-up. I actually wanted this wheel originally but thought it was too funky for someone my age (40 last year) but being a young 40 year old I should've knew better and I guess now that I'm 41, I do and have pulled the trigger on this decision.

What do you guys think of the Drag DR20?

Old 06-23-2011, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member
I am personally not a big fan of the Drag DR20s. I do like spokes that's why I have BBS wheels I guess maybe I am too old for the DR20s and they are too funky for me hahaha.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:24 PM
5 Year Member
I've been looking at cheap wheels but ALL of the drag wheels are too heavy. Most of the equivalent konig wheels are lighter for the same price.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]
I've been looking at cheap wheels but ALL of the drag wheels are too heavy. Most of the equivalent konig wheels are lighter for the same price.
Rota has some inexpensive, high quality lightweight wheels too. I was planning on buying some Enkei's, but at the last minute decided on the Rota's I bought for about $80 less per wheel. My total wheel/tire weight is less than 33lbs.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:06 AM
Its your car, get what you want. I think the style is cool and classic. They are probably heavier than what you have now but if you have 2 sets, you can setup one for performance and the other for style.

Plus, if you have been eyeing them for that long and still love them, you will like them even more in person. That's just my opinion.

Last edited by BallerStatus; 06-24-2011 at 08:09 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:11 AM
5 Year Member
I was just at the discount tire where you are about to get your new wheels.

Old 06-24-2011, 06:35 PM
Arrow

Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]
I was just at the discount tire where you are about to get your new wheels.
Brandon is my hook up there for tires, I've sent him about a dozen customers since I got here in Chicago back in Dec of 2009. Recently we put new shoes on my g/f's Mazda 6, 17 x 7 +49mm MB Motoring "Boost" wheels, awesome set-up when combined with the Conti DWS'.

I hear what you guys are saying about weight and honestly, the stock wheels are supposed to be pretty light weight, not sure about my Konig's that I've got right now but the way the Drag DR20's are going to look on my Fit is going to really set the car off I know weight is important but we're talking about a Fit that's a DD, where looks are far more important than performance and besides, the little bit of added weight going from stockers to the Konig's to these Drags can't be THAT much of a difference. Adding the extra inch of wheel width, along with the added offset and going to the wider tire and less aspect ratio has transformed this car into something else completely

Now about the springs, well, I drove a fellow FF's car and although it looks great I did notice a bit of "bounce", so I'm going to wait it out for someone to make good struts and rear shocks to go along with the springs, atleast for now. He even wants to get CO's, so I think even he knows its too bouncy with wanting to do that.

Pics will be up tomorrow!

Old 06-25-2011, 07:43 AM
5 Year Member
I know weight is important but we're talking about a Fit that's a DD, where looks are far more important than performance and besides, the little bit of added weight going from stockers to the Konig's to these Drags can't be THAT much of a difference.
The stock wheels are around 18lbs. With the stock Dunlop tires, the total is approx 37lbs. DO NOT discount the detriment of added weight per corner on a Fit, and I'm not talking about "racing" performance either. I'm talking about DD frustration in overall basic driving performance and gas mileage.

Weight reduction at the wheels is highly recommended with a gas mileage optimized, power-starved car. In a similar situation, just by changing tires on a Civic Hybrid to something better (but 4lbs heavier) I lost on average 5 mpg across the board from the get-go, in all seasons, A/C running or not. The Fit faces the exact same challenge/issue regarding anything that goes in the detrimental direction away from stock (regarding DD performance). These cars are very specifically tuned, and respond poorly to changes that do not improve upon the basic stock specs.

We can debate the differences as you try to keep up with me while we're changing speeds in the turns on the Dragon in October...

Old 06-25-2011, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
Agreed, I just replaced my bald 205 asx's with new 195 asx's and I still took a .5 second 0-60 hit (part from the circumference and part from the weight) I can feel how much slower the car is just from the added weight of unworn tires (absolute grip is better though)

Quick Reply: 2011 Fall Dragon Run...Oct 6th-9th