Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

2011 Fall Dragon Run...Oct 6th-9th

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 06:48 PM
Jim, your a funny guy

I'm pretty sure my previous/current wheels weight as much or a little less but the one thing that helped me out on the Dragon was:

-more offset
-less aspect ratio
-wider tire
-wider wheel
-my leather driving gloves

Hey Lyon, did Brandon hook you up and what's the deal with your car

Old 06-27-2011, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Klasse Act
the one thing that helped me out on the Dragon was:

-more offset
-less aspect ratio
-wider tire
-wider wheel
that... and any film-like material that will stick to my car

Hey, I'll raid my daughter's sticker box before the Dragon run and bring some along so we can stick 'em all over the slowest car to help 'em go faster! Kind of like a "badge of shame". "Hey, that dude's got Tinkerbell stickers on his rear window, WTF?"

Old 06-28-2011, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member

^ From this past Saturday

Last edited by Hondafrk; 06-28-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:57 PM
etf
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Klasse Act
I'm pretty sure my previous/current wheels weight as much or a little less but the one thing that helped me out on the Dragon was:

-more offset
-less aspect ratio
-wider tire
-wider wheel
I agree that all those things will enhance your Dragon driving experience.
I've found that properly adjusting the nut behind the steering wheel works better than any of those things!

Old 06-28-2011, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by etf
I agree that all those things will enhance your Dragon driving experience.
I've found that properly adjusting the nut behind the steering wheel works better than any of those things!
I had a guy on a crotch rocket flag me down this past weekend on the dragon asking me questions about how I lowered mine/etc., but he mentioned seeing you and your wife I guess on the dragon at some point. He mentioned "little enzo" or baby enzo or whatever and it stirred my memory. He owns one as well and was interested is all. I was trying to remember to mention it if I saw you posting again.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by etf
Now THAT's funny!

Old 07-05-2011, 05:05 PM
Yeah, loose nut behind the wheel does NOONE any good for sure, that's why I respect the hell out of the Skyway so much more. The Dragon on the other hand, well, I respect that too, ofcoarse but because the Fit is so light and down on power, you'd have to plain stupid to lose it out there on the Dragon. Once I got out there and starting going through the Dragon in the Fit I was like "this car was made for this road", even without any REAL perf suspension enhancements and all-season "Z" speed rated tires, it just stuck where you put it and with the lack of torque, your NOT going to lose control standing on it coming out a turn either, so all your concentration goes to setting up for the next 317, 316, 315, etc, etc number of turn remaining, its just perfect, even with the paddle shifters!

Its down to 93 octane number of days to go!

Old 07-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Hey Hondafrk, saw your car on killboy highlights, props man!

killboy.com photos - The Original Photographer from Hwy US129 Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap

I was going to go up there on Tuesday, but I had to replace a broken wheel stud instead.....

Old 07-07-2011, 06:17 PM
91 more days guys!

Old 07-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Just got back from the Dragon and had a blast! If you don't have the Progress rear swaybar, I would move it to the top of your "next mod" list. Everyone rants and raves about it here, but it makes a huge difference out on the Gap. This was my first time out there since installing the new wheels/tires and reinstalling my swaybar.

Simply put, the Fit was built for this road. Like Klasse Act said before, the Fit is so lightweight and flickable in the turns. The only problem was the Fit's lack of power coming out of turns, especially when going uphill, but didnt spoil the run.

Can't wait to run up there with you guys! I'm interested to see how my little silver egg stacks up against your rides!

Old 07-09-2011, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
I might be down for this. I will also ask my dad if he wants to come too and bring his boxster!

Old 07-11-2011, 08:58 PM
From Saturday:

Old 07-12-2011, 05:28 PM
Thumbs up

Great pics Baller! Now, did you have a swaybar on the car when you went out there before, I see you've got a base Fit and they don't have a rear swaybar or did you have one from the sport model and then upgrade to the Progress bar

I like how you've got a nickname for your car, the "Silver Egg", I call mine the "Cheese Wedge"

More cars are welcomed but you've gotta call and see if any cabins are left, my guess is NO but Dixie, owner of the cabins we're stayin' at Caney Creek Village in Tellico Plains, Tennessee can direct you to another local place about 2 miles from us and its easy to find, trust me, even the road getting there is fun and twisty. The weekend we're down there is this panning for gold thing in the local river and cabins and motels fill up fast, so get going on this if you wanna be somewhat close to the group. The next option is one of the 2 motels down route 68 near I-75, which is about 30 minutes away from us but again, easy to find and we'd set up an easy to find meeting spot. I've been doing down there since 2003 and trust me when I say its easy to find stuff, I will do whatever it takes within reason to make it smooth for those not staying at our cabin area, heck, you might be able to bunk up or even get a tent spot for those of you who can rough it. Juice can be supplied by one of us using our cabin, something to think about

86 days to go and pass along your nickname for the Fit. We've got 5 Fits going right now, amazing

Old 07-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Thanks! The GD's, base and sport, dont come with a rear swaybar at all. So upgrade to Progress. I have been before when the car was completely stock, but the car seems like a different animal with the suspension mods. I plan to head up there again next Monday when there will be less traffic and onto the Cherohala.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:41 AM
5 Year Member
I want to go. For real. Someone from Ohio get in touch with me about setting up a road trip.

Old 07-18-2011, 05:44 PM
Arrow

Originally Posted by Kittengolf
I want to go. For real. Someone from Ohio get in touch with me about setting up a road trip.
All you gotta do is meet up with the guys coming down from Detroit. The should be leaving around 6 a.m. that Thursday because our group from Chicago leaves around 5:30 a.m. and this way they don't get too far ahead of us and we end up meeting down in Lexington KY.

If you want, PM me you cellphone number and I can call you and give you all the details

BTW guys its 80 days and counting, tomorrow we'll be in the 70's!

Old 07-18-2011, 06:18 PM
I'm definitely going, but probably can only make it for a late friday arrival and saturday with a sunday departure. Will I be missing a lot of happenings on thursday and friday?

I gotta reskim this thread and see if anyone mentioned meeting spots and days that everything is going on.

I should also have my intake and rear sway-bar at that time which should make the dragon a little more fun, I haven't ever personally driven it, but been there a few times.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by RevToTheRedline
I'm definitely going, but probably can only make it for a late friday arrival and saturday with a sunday departure. Will I be missing a lot of happenings on thursday and friday?

I gotta reskim this thread and see if anyone mentioned meeting spots and days that everything is going on.

I should also have my intake and rear sway-bar at that time which should make the dragon a little more fun, I haven't ever personally driven it, but been there a few times.
We do the same thing every day we're there, awake, eat, head out on the Skyway/Dragon/Moonshiners road and repeat backwards back to the cabin. On Friday night there's a group that run it at night, that includes me and whomever wants to go and do that but as far as I'm concerned though, you should atleast have an entire weekend of running the roads before doing that, hence wait a year but if you really, really feel up to it, come along but understand how dark it is out there!

Some people have shown up late on Friday and ran with us all day Sat and went home Sunday, most of us leave on Sunday, so that's not a problem. I will say this though....

YOU GUYS LOOKING TO GO AS OF NOW NEED TO CALL CANEY CREEK VILLAGE AND SEE WHAT'S AVAILABLE. IF THERE'S NOTHING AVAILABLE, ASK DIXIE, THE OWNER OF THE CABINS, IF SHE CAN DIRECT YOU TO ANOTHER CABIN COMPANY IN THE AREA. SHE'S DONE THAT BEFORE AND SHE'D DO IT AGAIN. UNDERSTAND SHE'S GOT TENT SPACE AVAILABLE TOO, SO IF YOU REALLY WANNA STAY WITH THE MAIN GROUP, THAT'S SOMETHING YOU CAN DO. JUICE CAN BE USED BY RUNNING AN ELECTRICAL CORD INTO ONE OF THE OTHER GUYS CABINS SO YOU'VE GOT THAT. BATHROOM AND SHOWERS CAN BE SHARED WITH US ALL, BUT HAVE YOUR OWN TOWELS. THERE'S CABINS ABOUT 3 MILES AWAY FROM OUR CABINS, SO THAT'S ONE OPTION AND THE OTHER OPTION IS THE 2 MOTELS DOWN ON ROUTE 68 NEAR I-75, ITS ABOUT A HALF AN HOUR AWAY FROM US, THAT'S ANOTHER OPTION AS WELL.

PM me your phone number if you'd like me to contact you directly for any info, I've been setting this run up now since 2003 and am willing to help out the best I can

Old 07-19-2011, 07:32 AM
etf
5 Year Member
KA,

I've been in that area quite a bit, but I'm unfamiliar with the "moonshiner's road". Maybe I know it by some other name. Where is it?

Old 07-19-2011, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by etf
KA,

I've been in that area quite a bit, but I'm unfamiliar with the "moonshiner's road". Maybe I know it by some other name. Where is it?
Oh you know it for sure, its the little side road right next to Deal's Gap, route 28 aka "Moonshiners Road". I guess it used to be some route shiners used back in the day. It takes you to the Fontana Dam, you or the rest of you guys been there before? Its the largest Dan east of the Mississippi, really something to see and that road is awesome to drive, trust me on that one. We've only taken it as far as just outside of Robinsville but its like the Dragon in sections and a little less traveled, a win win for the group for sure.

79 days to go, start to get serious

Quick Reply: 2011 Fall Dragon Run...Oct 6th-9th