Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

2011 Fall Dragon Run...Oct 6th-9th

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 05:15 PM
I got Storm Silver metallic w/ the 6MT in EX trim w/o Navi. I really have to have that JDM hazard button but my buddy was worried about breaking something on the dash of my Fit so I had to leave it in there. I had SuttonShanook install it on my Fit last year on the Dragon, on the side of the road no less. I'll get around to getting another one though, its just one of those cool mods that's small and does nothing for most people....except people like me that is

BTW a good point was brought up about cell service or lack of it and it will drain your battery real quick, so you might as well turn off your phone or keep it plugged in but you guys going, read this....

BRING YOUR 2-WAY RADIO AND TUNE TO CHANNEL 9, ITS THE OFFICIAL CHANNEL THIS YEAR AS ITS OUR 9TH ANNUAL RUN.

Its actually 3 weeks from tomorrow when the majority of the people will be making their way to the cabins, some will be leaving 3 weeks from today though and there's still cabins available if you know of anyone else looking to go, its going to be a good time with so many different kinds of cars and people, just a great time

Old 09-14-2011, 06:27 PM
etf
5 Year Member
1. Roger (Klasse Act) 2010 Fit Sport
2. David (BallerStatus) 2008 Fit
3. Jim (JimsbFit) 2009 Fit Sport
4. E. T. (etf) 2010 Fit Sport
5. Jill (E. T.'s wife) 2010 Fit Sport
6. Matt (swflej1) and 7. my wife (swfleg8) 2010 fit (only take one car)

We are going to come up Saturday just for the day. We'll have to arrange a meeting place with the Fits.
We were up there last weekend with the 8th Civic Group. Had a great time.
We even made the Killboy highlights:

Name:  killboy-8CCD-IV-Fits.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  43.1 KB

Old 09-15-2011, 10:21 AM
5 Year Member
1. Roger (Klasse Act) 2010 Fit Sport
8. Jeremey (hondafrk) '09 Fit Sport (hopefully bringing another Fit also, real clean ssm gd)

Old 09-15-2011, 11:51 AM
I won't be able to make it. Have to go to North Carolina for a family thing, instead. I'll be canceling my cabin reservation later today, so if anyone would like to upgrade their cabin give the nice lady a call and snatch it up.

Man I'm really hating it that I won't be able to make it.

Old 09-16-2011, 04:33 PM
1. Roger (Klasse Act) 2011 CR-Z EX
8. Jeremey (hondafrk) '09 Fit Sport (hopefully bringing another Fit also, real clean ssm gd)

Now its updated and another streak continues, the streak of a FF member saying they're going and right before the run, they sell their Fit and bring something else, although last year SuttonShanook got his Genesis coupe' about 3 days before our run, it wasn't even broken in yet! My car on the other hand will be broken in for sure, just not sure if its going to have a K&N typhoon on or not, or maybe some type of budget muffler that does the same thing as the high dollar ones

I spoke to Dixe today and like TauWolf said he cancelled (thanks for letting her now, I really do appreciate that, rep coming to you!) and there's 2 cabin left but she said one was pending, so if you want/need a place to stay, call Dixie and set it up

19 MORE DAYS TO GO, WE'RE IN THE TEENS NOW EVERYONE!

Old 09-18-2011, 06:05 PM
SEVENTEEN MORE DAYS!

Old 09-19-2011, 03:39 PM
Lightbulb Spoke to Dixie at Caney Creek today and....

....there's cabins available, #1 and #3. #1 is a one bed cabin and the other has 2 beds. Caney Creek Village in Tellico Plains, Tennessee for more info, ask for Dixie and tell her your with the group with "Roger from Deeeetroit".

There's now only 16 more days to go

Old 09-20-2011, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member
Im so jealous of you guys....even if all i could do was take my stocky ge up there, i'd have one hell of a time. you all enjoy! hopefully i'll be able to join next year.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by eldaino
Im so jealous of you guys....even if all i could do was take my stocky ge up there, i'd have one hell of a time. you all enjoy! hopefully i'll be able to join next year.
The Dragon is open 24/7/365 you should make a roadtrip up there even if you cant make it up there during this trip. 129 runs into Robbinsville, so you should be able to follow it from there! Hope you get to slay the Dragon soon, LOL.

Old 09-21-2011, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
This sounds interesting... not sure if I can convince the gf to go, and if I can get days off from work (just got back from vacation).

Anyone going from the NYC area?

Old 09-22-2011, 03:07 PM
5 Year Member
Go without the gf lol, most of them don't like curvy roads anyways.

Hope the weather is good, it's very unpredictable this time of year. I'll still head that way either way.

Old 09-23-2011, 01:16 PM
5 Year Member
^ lol

Old 09-24-2011, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by Hondafrk
Go without the gf lol, most of them don't like curvy roads anyways.

Hope the weather is good, it's very unpredictable this time of year. I'll still head that way either way.
I'm knocking on wood as I type this but we've only had one day on the Skyway with some light mist and 2 years ago we ran into fog so thick that I grabbed some out of the air and put it in a bag to show my friends back home after the trip That fog had the 17 cars in our run all pull off together into one of those little parking lots off the Skyway and netted a great photo, looked like something from Motor Trend, I'll try and find that pic..........along with the bag of fog, damn was it thick! My buddy had a Saab 9-3 that was given to him as a loaner while his Saab was getting a new motor and even with his rear fog light on, he disappeared pretty easily, crazy conditions!

As of today its only 11 days to go and to the guy from NYC, come on down and if you time it right, you could meet up with our Chicago group in Lexington KY, it would take some planning on your part but we could do it. I guarantee you this, its WORTH THE EXPENSE AND TIME, TRUST ME/US Let me put it to you like this, there's basically a turn every 186 feet, someone figured that out for us a couple years ago.

Remember, there's still cabins available but don't wait if your on the fence about this guys, the Fit is proof that you don't need a high powered, high buck car to really, really enjoy these roads, trust me, I know and I had a 5AT Fit to boot when I ran it last year! Even though I don't have the Fit anymore, I expect the CR-Z to be just as much fun if not a bit more but IMO the stock tires might hold me back, we'll see how it goes I guess

Old 09-24-2011, 11:41 AM
Here's your sign!

img1254763393614.jpg?t=1254853157

Noobs, respect this sign!

From 2 years ago, my Mini in the middle!
Name:  CIMG0344.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  70.5 KB

Bald River Falls, right off of the Skyway, easy detour to check out and get back on the way to the Dragon/Hellbender!
Name:  img1254782334469.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  169.7 KB

That "soupy" fog, pics don't do it justice, trust me!

Just a little motivation!

Last edited by Klasse Act; 09-24-2011 at 11:48 AM.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:45 PM
5 Year Member
Looking forward to it

Old 09-26-2011, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by Hondafrk
Looking forward to it
9 DAYS AWAY

Old 09-26-2011, 07:45 PM
Sounds like Loads of fun, Where is this? Might have to cancel a few plans.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by JohnnyFIT
Sounds like Loads of fun, Where is this? Might have to cancel a few plans.
Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap, motorcycle and sport car two lane tourism serving Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap, Cherohala Skyway, Moonshiner28, Devils Triangle, and Six Gap North Georgia.

Caney Creek Village in Tellico Plains, Tennessee is where we're staying and yes, there's cabins available

Its a little further than what we in Chicago have to drive but I must tell you that your longer drive will be WELL WORTH IT! You have to experience it to understand it, that's about all I can say. 318 turns in 11 miles for the Dragon or a turn about every 186 feet!! The Skyway is 57 miles long, goes up to 1 mile elevation and has 9% grades......

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR, CALL DIXIE AND MAKE YOUR RESERVATONS!

Don't worry, none of us FF's know each other either!

Old 09-27-2011, 05:44 AM
I'll be up there saturday (if im not scheduled overtime). Not decided on the FIT for the Evo tho.....

Old 09-27-2011, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by Tedkou
I'll be up there saturday (if im not scheduled overtime). Not decided on the FIT for the Evo tho.....
Fit or EVO...........no brainer, seriously

I can't really tell you what time we'll be heading out on Saturday but we're not even going on the Dragon Sat, other than taking 129 to Deal's Gap and turning right to go on the Hellbender. Last year I saw more cops on the Dragon in one day than I saw in the previous 8 years of going, crazy

Some of group will arrive at the cabins on Wednesday around dinner time and the rest of us will arrive on Thursday around dinner time. The Thursday group and I will head out n the Skyway once we settle in, unpack and get some food. Its a tradition to go out there for a "little spin" on Thursday evening!

Quick Reply: 2011 Fall Dragon Run...Oct 6th-9th