Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

DIY on Installing Xenith Xenons HID Kits

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 01:48 AM
5 Year Member
ok ya, my retardedness kicked in for a sec. I meant the 6000k HID. How bright is the high beam for those with the bi-xenon kit?

Old 03-25-2008, 09:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BigBadMadMan
ok ya, my retardedness kicked in for a sec. I meant the 6000k HID. How bright is the high beam for those with the bi-xenon kit?
We have the 6000k hi/lo....The high beam doesn't make the bulb any brighter, it just repositions it in the housing to make the light ouput higher off the ground. It might also emit slightly more light due to the reposition.

Visibility is very good in low or hi. In hi you can see further because the way the light is aimed. For the dark curvy mountain roads where we live, I'm very glad to have the hi option. If we lived in the city or a normal area, I'd probably skip the Hi/Lo option.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member
ya, that's what I was wondering about. I guess for the extra $30 or so, it's probably worth it.

I'm also contemplating the 4300k or possibly 6000k for the fogs with a yellow film. Some have said that the 3000k don't look too yellow, other say they do. From the pics I've seen, they look pretty yellow, but I have no clue if the individual had a lamin-x film or something on the fogs too. Eh, so many decisions!

Old 03-25-2008, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BigBadMadMan
ya, that's what I was wondering about. I guess for the extra $30 or so, it's probably worth it.

I'm also contemplating the 4300k or possibly 6000k for the fogs with a yellow film. Some have said that the 3000k don't look too yellow, other say they do. From the pics I've seen, they look pretty yellow, but I have no clue if the individual had a lamin-x film or something on the fogs too. Eh, so many decisions!
I would recommend getting the bi xenon, b/c if you getting HID go all the way with both hi and lo HID...plus look funny w/ halogen bulb attach to it on the side....

For your fog i would recommend going 3k and getting something darker then wat lamin-x and xpel offer b/c i look really funny yellow like.....

Old 03-25-2008, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by azncarbos
I would recommend getting the bi xenon, b/c if you getting HID go all the way with both hi and lo HID...plus look funny w/ halogen bulb attach to it on the side....

For your fog i would recommend going 3k and getting something darker then wat lamin-x and xpel offer b/c i look really funny yellow like.....
I agree about the Halogen. I'd either get the bi xenon or the single xenon without the high beam. I'm not creative so I just went 6,000k on head and fog...looks nice.

Old 03-25-2008, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member
i also went with hi/low bi-xenon, one reason is we are using non hid housing, so when and if, (it hasnt happened yet) but if someone flashes me because they think my high beams are on because of the brightness, then i can flash them back to say hey its just low beams.

Old 03-25-2008, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by japspeed
i also went with hi/low bi-xenon, one reason is we are using non hid housing, so when and if, (it hasnt happened yet) but if someone flashes me because they think my high beams are on because of the brightness, then i can flash them back to say hey its just low beams.
agreed, i got the 4300 hi/low bixenon and i have yet to be flashed at

Old 03-28-2008, 10:22 AM
5 Year Member
called xenith on monday and they said i will have a new ballast in about three days, as long as it gets here i say great service.
im still waiting on my ballast

Old 03-28-2008, 01:40 PM
My set up came in the mail today!

Old 03-28-2008, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
im still waiting on my ballast
my new ballast finally came in , thank you to george at xenith xenons.

Old 03-28-2008, 03:16 PM
5 Year Member
and my replacement foglight came in today...thanks George!

Old 03-28-2008, 08:35 PM
5 Year Member
sorry to hear that...if your kit is only two month old Xenith will replace them for you....they have great support team over there....
im not sure if any one asked but if possibel can you guys give me the link for the hid's... i think its time for me to buy a pair!

Old 03-28-2008, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vtecdreamer
im not sure if any one asked but if possibel can you guys give me the link for the hid's... i think its time for me to buy a pair!
Here's a link to the thread...

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/merc...t=xenith+xenon

or you can just go straight to Xenith Xenons - Superior Quality HIDs and World-Renowned Customer Service! See For Yourself Today!

Old 03-28-2008, 09:44 PM
5 Year Member
^^^ talk to George and he will set you up....

That good to know all you guys got your replacement shipped to you...so pop those guy in and enjoy

Last edited by azncarbos; 03-28-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:31 AM
Wow, when I was reading this I was hoping there was a way of doing it without taking off the bumper.

Last edited by Jujutzin; 04-01-2008 at 12:38 AM.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jujutzin
Wow, when I was reading this I was hoping there was a way of doing it without taking off the bumper.

To install the kit the clean and carefully...you be required to remove the bumper...plus it not that hard to reinstalled the bumper too

Old 04-01-2008, 01:20 AM
To install the kit the clean and carefully...you be required to remove the bumper...plus it not that hard to reinstalled the bumper too

You're right.. Its better to have it done correctly the first time then to just stick wherever it fits and hope it doesn't fall or hit something. Maybe I'll even try to do something about the scratches on the bottom of the front bumper.

Do you like the kit so far, I'm kind of on the fence about this. I would consider buying one, but I would probably have to wait until the end of April though.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:37 AM
5 Year Member
You're right.. Its better to have it done correctly the first time then to just stick wherever it fits and hope it doesn't fall or hit something. Maybe I'll even try to do something about the scratches on the bottom of the front bumper.

Do you like the kit so far, I'm kind of on the fence about this. I would consider buying one, but I would probably have to wait until the end of April though.

I love this HID Kit and I have try few others out there but didn't like them so much and the service they provide doesn't come close to XX and the quality of the kit is better then some out there.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:23 AM
5 Year Member

i advise all to not try and do it yourself if your a novice, if you do it wrong you might lose the snug fit that your fit came out the factory with as in your parts might have gaps if you do it wrong and finish.. i had it professionally installed for 80 bucks > < he did not need to remove anything but somehow he placed it in and it works great ... got the 8 k and it looks very bright very good HIDs imo....

i read that it requires you to remove your bumper but i dont think... the person who installed my HIDs removed my bumper..

Old 04-01-2008, 09:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cKranez
i advise all to not try and do it yourself if your a novice, if you do it wrong you might lose the snug fit that your fit came out the factory with as in your parts might have gaps if you do it wrong and finish.. i had it professionally installed for 80 bucks > < he did not need to remove anything but somehow he placed it in and it works great ... got the 8 k and it looks very bright very good HIDs imo....

i read that it requires you to remove your bumper but i dont think... the person who installed my HIDs removed my bumper..
With the exception of 2 screws the entire bumper is held in place by one way fasteners. The holes have to line up exactly or the fasteners will not go back in. So, there's NO way to put the bumper back on crooked. Ours has been off 5 times and looks just like it did from the factory.

The main advantage of pulling off the bumper is that you gain access to cavities to put the control box or in our case boxes (headlight and fog) in. The install can be done without removal, but not as cleanly.

That being said, as with any other car work, if you don't feel comfortable and don't have any friends with experience, find a professional.

Quick Reply: DIY on Installing Xenith Xenons HID Kits