Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Think the L15 can be made fast?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 02:37 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by accordguyintake
i really hate seeing 400+hp FWD cars... i dunno if this is always the case but all those online videos with civic hatchbacks... they just have insane lag, then when turbo kicks in it just redlines like hell cause the power cant come down to the ground.. then the guy shifts and the whole thing starts over.. I suppose with drag radials or something it would be alot better but i still HATE the lag... I really like superchargers over turbo since power output is linear and i believe it doesn't heat up like crazy like turbos..
And with a more predictable power output, you can just regulate the throttle to counter all the wheelspin. Oh yes, and although i know superchargers make less power than those crazy turbo kits, i think the benefits of a supercharger outweigh those of a turbo. esp. since FWD cars have limited traction since the car shifts back when you accelerate... you'd want to control your power as much as possible and get it all down

Correct me if im wrong folks.. Never ridden in any boosted car so i wouldn't know much... im getting my theory from... VIDEO GAMES :O...
i've seen many car owners switch from supercharger setups to turbo setups. RWD and FWD alike. superchargers dont give much torque, yes, linear power is nice for traction control, but doesnt feel fun.

it takes driving skill and a bit of knowledge to put power to the ground, on both RWD and FWD. RWD cars have the same problem getting traction as the FWD. This is where the AWD subies/evos own .

Old 08-17-2007, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
yeah AWD sounds hot... i kinda wanted an STi but... FITT!! IS cuter! hahaha

Old 08-17-2007, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member
i heard that they had awd for the jdm fits...would it be possible for the usdm market to come out with awd fits?

Old 08-17-2007, 04:31 PM
i really hate seeing 400+hp FWD cars... i dunno if this is always the case but all those online videos with civic hatchbacks... they just have insane lag, then when turbo kicks in it just redlines like hell cause the power cant come down to the ground.. then the guy shifts and the whole thing starts over.. I suppose with drag radials or something it would be alot better but i still HATE the lag... I really like superchargers over turbo since power output is linear and i believe it doesn't heat up like crazy like turbos..
And with a more predictable power output, you can just regulate the throttle to counter all the wheelspin. Oh yes, and although i know superchargers make less power than those crazy turbo kits, i think the benefits of a supercharger outweigh those of a turbo. esp. since FWD cars have limited traction since the car shifts back when you accelerate... you'd want to control your power as much as possible and get it all down

Correct me if im wrong folks.. Never ridden in any boosted car so i wouldn't know much... im getting my theory from... VIDEO GAMES :O...
I have seen and ridden in turbo dyno queens that only make their power at 6000K and above. You are right, the lag sucks and they are not much fun to drive on the street because the power ban is so unusable. That is really not the case, though, for a modern "high-tech" turbo. These days a turbo car can make an insane horse power and still be a very street able turbo thanks to the new generation of ball bearing turbos and such. A car can make 400 horses and boost by 3000 RPMS thanks to the new technology. These new turbos, in my opinion, have made boost lag a non-issue anymore. The one advantage that I think superchargers still have is the ease of install. They just require less to put on than a turbo swap.

Old 08-17-2007, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member
hmm.. sounds interesting. thx for telling me cause i have NO knowledge of F/I.. lol

Old 08-17-2007, 04:43 PM
hmm.. sounds interesting. thx for telling me cause i have NO knowledge of F/I.. lol
^ OK...Sorry for sharing. Jackass

Old 08-17-2007, 05:04 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
yup, turbos are very streetable. you dont need to make 300+whp. a smaller turbo can reach full boost very early. those 400+whp cars are usually drag cars, not street. although i've seen some 800whp daily drivers, it is possible to depending on the setup itself.

longer manifold runner design will allow the car to pretty much like n/a during cruising, and when u romp on it, its a swift push into the seat.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by MouthfulOfchris
I have seen and ridden in turbo dyno queens that only make their power at 6000K and above. You are right, the lag sucks and they are not much fun to drive on the street because the power ban is so unusable. That is really not the case, though, for a modern "high-tech" turbo. These days a turbo car can make an insane horse power and still be a very street able turbo thanks to the new generation of ball bearing turbos and such. A car can make 400 horses and boost by 3000 RPMS thanks to the new technology. These new turbos, in my opinion, have made boost lag a non-issue anymore. The one advantage that I think superchargers still have is the ease of install. They just require less to put on than a turbo swap.
Variable vane turbos ftmfw

Old 08-17-2007, 09:53 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
yup, like the one in the RDX