Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

K&N Typhoon

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
I don't think the AEM will fit, I noticed you have an automatic. That knocks out the Aspec, the AEM and the Fujita CAI. If you are looking specifically for a CAI, I think the only one that will fit your vehical is the Ingen one (somebody correct me if I am wrong). Maybe some E-bay knock of brands out there fit too. (Injen shown below)

Alternativly I feel I should mention there are a lot of chamber intakes availiable as well. I have a perference to CAI , but the chamber intakes (specifically the T1R & H-Fit one) are getting great reviews and loved by the majority of owners here. Each system has it's own advantages, has been debated to death on other threads

There is also some other SRI's & Drop in filters out there, but... yeah I am not getting into this.... do a search because again the results of these are disputed.
Thank you Sugarfreak, I'll start looking at the Ingen intake.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
I don't think the AEM will fit, I noticed you have an automatic. That knocks out the Aspec, the AEM and the Fujita CAI. If you are looking specifically for a CAI, I think the only one that will fit your vehical is the Ingen one (somebody correct me if I am wrong). Maybe some E-bay knock of brands out there fit too. (Injen shown below)

Alternativly I feel I should mention there are a lot of chamber intakes availiable as well. I have a perference to CAI , but the chamber intakes (specifically the T1R & H-Fit one) are getting great reviews and loved by the majority of owners here. Each system has it's own advantages, has been debated to death on other threads

There is also some other SRI's & Drop in filters out there, but... yeah I am not getting into this.... do a search because again the results of these are disputed.
I was reading about this intake on an online shop website.
They described the filter to be positioned 'behind the bumper'.
So my question is, how difficult to take the filter off and wash it?

Also, where do you shop for 'chamber' intakes?
I did a web search and yielded nothing.

Thanks

Old 12-16-2007, 08:10 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Yeah, AEM won't feet in at's... and I'm pretty sure it's due to the transmition sizes... not worries for me though... stick all the way!

Old 12-17-2007, 06:51 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by LuxuryFit
I was reading about this intake on an online shop website.
They described the filter to be positioned 'behind the bumper'.
So my question is, how difficult to take the filter off and wash it?

Also, where do you shop for 'chamber' intakes?
I did a web search and yielded nothing.

Thanks

Nothing came up? weird, I got like 4 pages of results!

You can take a look at the T1R Chamber intake, also H-Fit one. These are the ones I have seen the best reviews for.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...hlight=chamber
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...available.html

The behind the bumper is a nice little cubby hole just behind the front fog light on the driver side. I haven't had too much problem accessing it, you can either remove your bumper or use the access point through the guard on the bottom. You are garunteed fresh air from that location though... gotta comprimise a bit

Old 12-17-2007, 08:01 PM
5 Year Member
MODERATOR - this thread should be deleted

Old 12-17-2007, 09:39 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Hahaha agreed. There are many other threads with plenty of intake questions. you can ask them there.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:58 PM
Manxman Ftw!!!!!:d

Old 12-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Banned
Thanks PR-
You made me laugh. Member "4dr4life" is the guy who introduced the bad K&N intake to our forums. In me, K&N has an enemy for life.