Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

auto to manual conversion

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hondasforlife
thank you sir still sounds cheaper than getting a k20 swap which i would love but nah..i like my little l15 i still think it has potential
i think your best bet would be to sell your car private party, then buy a used manual transmission car. you should come out even if not ahead.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:31 PM
i have a friend thats going to swap my tranny for 400 and a couple of beers and i got the manual tranny for about 200 bucks and im getting the ecu with the key for about a 100 i just dont know what else i need lol other than clutch and flywheel

Old 06-27-2009, 12:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MarkyMark
The white extreme dimensions Fit has a K24 and manual trans and started life as an automatic.
but u see.... That fit don't use stock cluster and oem ecu any more !!!

Old 09-02-2009, 06:30 PM
5 Year Member
I also regret buying a AT Fit. Thing with trading it is finding a MT that is worth the same as the loan on the car.

Old 03-28-2016, 09:20 AM
Hello folks,

Sorry for bumping a 7 year-old thread, but I'm planning on doing an A/T to M/T swap on my 08 FS, seeing that M/T fits are hard to find these day (at least in the model I want). I'm planning on picking up the parts from junkyard sales, or buying a wrecked fit on auction that has an intact front end.

Does anybody have any modern advice on this topic? List of parts? Trouble to look out for? Any help is much appreciated.

Old 03-28-2016, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by Gandankenexperiment
Hello folks,

Sorry for bumping a 7 year-old thread, but I'm planning on doing an A/T to M/T swap on my 08 FS, seeing that M/T fits are hard to find these day (at least in the model I want).

Does anybody have any modern advice on this topic?

I think it will be more likely that you could locate a M/T Fit to buy, than it will be for you to find someone who has actually accomplished such an A/T to M/T conversion and who could guide you.

But if time and money are no object, then dive in. You could easily spend more than what your car is currently worth and be left with a car that is worth no more than when you started.

Old 03-28-2016, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
having done a swap on a different car, I can confirm that its definitely not worth the effort unless you are CRAZY attached to your exact car. I definitely spent more than the resale value of my car doing it. getting the trans, mounts and ecu arent impossible, you'll struggle getting clean wireharnesses for everything. you'll also struggle getting information on the details (especially the wireharnesses).

Old 03-28-2016, 06:18 PM
5 Year Member
FWIW just thumbing though my electrical manual there are a bunch of differences between the AT and MT wiring harnesses, looks like MOST of the under dash and underhood harness would have to be swapped if you want everything to dial in.

Old 03-29-2016, 12:26 AM
5 Year Member
yup, you will need all harnesses under the hood (and good luck finding a pick and pull that doesnt have something cut). But be prepared to pull the whole dash to replace the interior harness because its different with the clutch pedal.

It is not pretty, let me bluntly say, I walked into this conversion thinking I had every nut, bolt, screw and wire harness; and it ended up taking me 2 years to get it running.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:38 AM
5 Year Member
I could probably get a diagram at work for parts I also have an auto fit wanting manual but my deal is its got kraftwerks, coilovers exhaust header and more i would have to swap on and back off

Old 05-20-2017, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bensenvill
yup, you will need all harnesses under the hood (and good luck finding a pick and pull that doesnt have something cut). But be prepared to pull the whole dash to replace the interior harness because its different with the clutch pedal.

It is not pretty, let me bluntly say, I walked into this conversion thinking I had every nut, bolt, screw and wire harness; and it ended up taking me 2 years to get it running.
when you did the trans swap on the fit did you have to have the frame mounts modified or tapped to mount them?

Old 06-08-2017, 03:05 AM
5 Year Member
Anybody know the differences in the chassis? Mounting points for the auto trans vs manual?

Old 06-08-2017, 07:13 AM
5 Year Member
im doing this swap in progress i beleave the drivers trans mount on the side may need

Originally Posted by SycroFlow
Anybody know the differences in the chassis? Mounting points for the auto trans vs manual?
im doing this swap in progress i beleave the drivers trans mount on the side may need tapped haven't started on the auto yet

Old 07-02-2017, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
aright finished the swap today there is one mount that need 3 taps need all m/t mounts
oil pan engine harness ,dash harness clutch brake pedal pop out the auto bearing for the pilot bearing also hole saw clutch cylinder and i used the steering column from the other vehicle wouldn't work with original unless i towed it to the dealer to program the key
worst parts was the dash board and harnesses

Old 05-23-2021, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by Hondady
Come on guys, it can't be all that hard to do. It's more or less the amount of time and money you have to invest into it! I've done a couple auto to manual swaps in civics and integra's and they were not that bad. Just takes some time and money.
is anyone still here? I have a first gen fit I want to k24 swap, but it's auto and I have no idea where to start swapping a transmission with putting a clutch pedal in and all, if anyone is still active please help!