Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Greddy E-Manage Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 11:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cirrusd
Hi explosiv, thanks for your kind reply.
Please do send me a map on the fuel pulses. thanks in advance.

May i know wat is a AEM F/IC ?

can u give me a link to read abt this.

THank again
AEM F/IC is a piggyback like e-manage. I did a writup with links to their site here.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...s-t-10psi.html

props again to guanalang for being the first to get this working on the Fit.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:57 AM
hi leonine, thank you for sending the link. you guys has been really helpful.

thanks again.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
hope it works out for you.

Old 03-29-2009, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by leonine
RELAX i'm not trying to insult you. I am not a tuner and do not have the knowledge you have. What i do know is from direct experience with my car. The AEM F/IC has an o2 lead that DOES tap directly to the bank 1 a/f sensor. it DOES send signals directly to the sensor and the stock ecu compensates and adjusts the a/f ratio. I know because i have done it.

I am not super technical in these areas just sharing my findings. That's why potato got the AEM in the first place.
you read off sensors and send voltage to the ecu...you dont send voltage to sensors they are at fixed voltages...your piggy back goes between the ecu and sensors so you can manipulate the voltage coming off the sensors...
fixed voltage--->sensor--->piggy back--->ecu make sense?
the only thing you send voltage to directly is the injectors

Old 03-29-2009, 03:13 PM
5 Year Member
yes makes sense. That is what i was trying to get across. it is basically altering the signal that the o2 sensor is sending to the ecu. again i'm not super technical in this area but the end result is what i am concerned with. Thanks for clarifying. FYI this was taken from the AEM install manual and tuning tips.

O2 Map (See Figure 27.)
At times, such as a track day or race event, you may desire to alter the closed-loop air fuel ratio(AFR) of the factory ECU to achieve better engine performance. This can be done using the O2 functionality of the F/IC. By outputting a different signal, the F/IC can alter the target AFR of the factory ECU. The O2 map "Load Input" can be based on MAP, MAF, TPS, or O2 sensors. The "O2 Map" also has four different operating modes, Fixed, Percent, Offset, and Voltage. The load inputs and modes are selected in the "O2" section of the "Setup" window.
• "Voltage" mode - The F/IC outputs a voltage, which is determined by the corresponding cells in the "O2 Map". In the "Voltage" mode, for an "O2 Map" cell value of 2.5, the F/IC will output 2.5 volts. In "Voltage" mode, a cell value of 0 makes no change, NOT an output voltage of 0 volts.

• "Fixed" mode - The F/IC outputs a square wave that alternates between the Bank Hi voltage and the Bank Lo voltage. The Bank Hi voltage, Bank Lo voltage, and square wave period are set in the O2 section of the setup window. The pulse width is determined by the cell value in the "O2 Map". For a Bank Hi of 2, and Bank Lo of 1, a period of 200 ms, and a cell value of 50, the F/IC will output 2 volts for 50 ms, 1 volt for 150ms, 2 volts for 50 ms, etc.

• "Percent" mode - The F/IC will measure the O2 voltage, then modify it by the percentage value in the "O2 Map". For a measured value of 1 volt, a period of 200ms, and a cell value of 20, the F/IC will measure 1 volt for 5ms, then output 1.2 volts for 195ms, then measure again for 5ms, etc.

• "Offset" mode - The F/IC will measure the O2 voltage, and then modify it by the offset value in the O2 map. For a measured value of .7 volts, a period of 200ms, and a cell value of -.25, the F/IC will measure 0.7volts for 5ms, then output 0.45 volts for 195ms, then measure again for 5ms, etc

Old 04-01-2009, 08:44 AM
5 Year Member
i used the instructions on the first page to try and get a workable injector base tune going for my turbo. the table is set up correctly and i have 100 values in the bottom right and left of the map and interpolated 4 corners. but when im driving and go WOT, my a/f gause still reads a constant 14.9.

the only difference is that i have values in the airflow map.
also, i made sure the injector size correction is correc, so that is not the problem.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by NIGHTHAWKSI
i used the instructions on the first page to try and get a workable injector base tune going for my turbo. the table is set up correctly and i have 100 values in the bottom right and left of the map and interpolated 4 corners. but when im driving and go WOT, my a/f gause still reads a constant 14.9.

the only difference is that i have values in the airflow map.
also, i made sure the injector size correction is correc, so that is not the problem.
Make sure your wideband is working properly, and that your injectors are wired in. Send me your map if you get a second -

Frank at webbweb.com

Old 04-02-2009, 10:57 AM
5 Year Member
i will send the map later today.
how can i determine if the wideband is working correctly? i assume it is since when im driving its giving me readings between 14.9 and 16.0(like it was before the install). and my fatory O2 sensors are workign correctly since i havent thrown a CEL.

Old 05-27-2014, 01:35 PM
can u send me the greddy ultimate base cal for the turbo kits please

Last edited by victorgarage; 05-27-2014 at 01:39 PM.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by victorgarage
can u send me the greddy ultimate base cal for the turbo kits please
Finally did open loop tuned my gd at 07 with emu...
thanks guys for all the help so far