Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KraftWerks Supercharger Kit Info v4.0

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 09:08 PM
track performance sacrificed?????

it seems that "track power" has been sacrificed to "street power" how come the hp drops significantly past peak?
why can't u have tq and hp flatline after peak?:conf used::conf used:
NOT very race friendly i.e. redline shifting
can u make a separate "race" and "street" version?

Old 11-17-2008, 09:36 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sfACTOR1
it seems that "track power" has been sacrificed to "street power" how come the hp drops significantly past peak?
Here we go again with your stupid rants. I ran this version of the kit for a while and the Horsepower/tq doesnt drop. Dyno's dont always show everything. I constantly ran the car up and ABOVE the redline just to make sure the power didnt drop. It stabilizes. This kit is FINE for the track. You feel the car pulling hard all the way to the 6500rpm or in my case 7000. I just think its ridiculous that u always come on here and do these stupid little rants without first hand experience.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:52 PM
5 Year Member
What happens if the insert is "slighty" modified before installment... (I think I figured out what's going on...)

Old 11-17-2008, 09:58 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xorbe
What happens if the insert is "slighty" modified before installment... (I think I figured out what's going on...)
then u will need Hondata.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member
well i'm picking my a/t kit on saturday, hopefully beating the rush coming for the garage sale. hope to see plenty of fits!

Old 11-17-2008, 11:33 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by usmc0341
well i'm picking my a/t kit on saturday, hopefully beating the rush coming for the garage sale. hope to see plenty of fits!
I will be there showing.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:38 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
i know how the testing for CARB goes, but when is the approx. date for approval?

Old 11-17-2008, 11:56 PM
you want torque and horsepower to flatline after peak? do you even know how that works? there are two possibilies here, either you do not know how to express what it is you are trying to say, or you have no idea how horsepower is calculated. either way you are definitely confused, and just flat out wrong.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:55 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by randay
you want torque and horsepower to flatline after peak? do you even know how that works? there are two possibilies here, either you do not know how to express what it is you are trying to say, or you have no idea how horsepower is calculated. either way you are definitely confused, and just flat out wrong.
everything he says is wrong.

Old 11-18-2008, 01:39 AM
aaaaanyway... all this talk about the automatic transmission has me wondering. what did you guys find out during testing about the limits of the trans?

Old 11-18-2008, 12:54 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by xorbe
If the KraftWerks supercharger insert is modified or removed on the base kit, you could cause catastrophic engine damage without proper engine tuning.

-OJR

Last edited by OJRKraftWerks; 11-19-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:56 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by randay
aaaaanyway... all this talk about the automatic transmission has me wondering. what did you guys find out during testing about the limits of the trans?
The automatic transmission on the Fit will work great with the Fit AT kit.

-OJR

Old 11-18-2008, 12:58 PM
5 Year Member
looking forward to some pics of the updates and also getting my kit updated!!!

Looks like a nice boost on the low-end

Old 11-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Former Vendor
I suggest you look at our High-Boost kit, it is releasing soon.

-OJR

Old 11-18-2008, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member
Will the high-boost use the same pulley as the new upgraded kit? Or will it be a different pulley?

Old 11-18-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by OJRKraftWerks
The automatic transmission on the Fit will work great with the Fit AT kit.

-OJR
im sure it does but can you give any details? will the transmission need any special care if we plan on driving hard on a track?

from the dyno sheet it looks like the power doesnt come on until 3500 rpm? is this because of the torque converter, transmission, or a/t ecu? or is it just a snafu with that particular dyno run?

can you give any suggestions on beefing up or protecting the transmission in case we are paranoid and just want peace of mind?

so far ive read that the engine can handle a lot of boost, so i guess what is concerning is just the a/t transmission, its probably the same for a lot of other people with a/t who are looking at superchargers and turbos. any insight you can give will really help in deciding which kit to go with.

oh also, any plans on a high-boost a/t kit?

Old 11-18-2008, 02:25 PM
5 Year Member
The a/t Fit, it has a 1.5L engine with a slushbox, it is what it is. There are turbo/sc base kits to give the a/t a bump up, but if you want to go all out, you're doing it wrong by starting with the a/t model...

Old 11-18-2008, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator
Well I finaly did it, I put in a Order for the AT kit. This purchase basically blows the budget I set me self out of the water, and is about it for next seasons mods. BUT im pretty sure its going to be totaly worth it and is going to be a lot of fun to have a car with some boost .

Old 11-18-2008, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
Here we go again with your stupid rants. I ran this version of the kit for a while and the Horsepower/tq doesnt drop. Dyno's dont always show everything. I constantly ran the car up and ABOVE the redline just to make sure the power didnt drop. It stabilizes. This kit is FINE for the track. You feel the car pulling hard all the way to the 6500rpm or in my case 7000. I just think its ridiculous that u always come on here and do these stupid little rants without first hand experience.
...hmmm u might sound more convincing if u weren't sorta "sponsered" my kw
of course it "FINE" for the track...ANY hp gain is "FINE"
power has to be OPTIMIZED for street OR track, NOT BOTH...u either have low rpm "street" power or high rpm racing power NOT BOTH

it's kinda like headers, cams, etc that are optimised for LOW rpm OR HIGH rpm NOT BOTH
of course we would like both but.....

why do i have to own the kw to READ A GRAPH PROPERLY?

funny thing is I CAN READ A GRAPH and passed highschool math with flying colours...if u don't think the graph tells u that hp doesn't drop off after peak, u r f'n retarded and must have failed math a million times (exageration if u don't understand )
do u know what negative slope is??
no u don't
do u know that in racing conditions it is WORTHLESS how much hp there is @3500rpm
do u really understand the difference between RACING and STREET shifting?
there is absolutly no doubt that there is greater area under the curve THROUGHOUT the entire rev band BUT....It looks like there might be LESS AREA under the curve when u shift @ REDLINE (excluding 1st of course...which is useless)
go learn how to integrate..or better yet just stop being so defencive

this kit IS MUCH FASTER ON THE STREET for 99% of people
therefore THIS IS THE BETTER KIT FOR THE MASSES
BUT try to understand what i was trying to say before u go out and get your NOSE TOO BROWN

my comment was directed at the knowledgeable people at kw not it's monkey henchmen

hey KW can u either confirm or deny my understanding of low(er) rpm "street" peak hp versus "racing optimised" high rpm hp?

waiting for high boost kit.............

Last edited by sfACTOR1; 11-18-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
if u honestly and realistically feel that my comment was "stupid" and has no educational benefit then..
i truely feel sorry for you for not being able to "understand"

Last edited by sfACTOR1; 11-18-2008 at 05:16 PM.

Quick Reply: KraftWerks Supercharger Kit Info v4.0