Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KraftWerks Supercharger Kit Info v4.0

Old 11-15-2008, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
me too. hopefully it will be an established ff member, that way we get the full low down. i know when i get mine, a through review will be in order.

wondering if there is an injector upgrade at all for the a/t? there was only mention of it being avail for the m/t...

Old 11-15-2008, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator
Nice, I am so very tempted to buying this kit more so then ever. Maybe I should treat my self to a little early Christmas present How hard it is to do the install on this kit? The fit is my ONLY car and I realy cant afford to have it down for to long, I might just take it to a shop. The other question I have is does any one know if the kit will interfere with the Spoon Engine dampener or any front strut bars?

Old 11-15-2008, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
hmm...now that we have a confirmed date for the kit's release, is there any info on its CARB status?

Old 11-15-2008, 10:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MNfit
Nice, I am so very tempted to buying this kit more so then ever. Maybe I should treat my self to a little early Christmas present How hard it is to do the install on this kit? The fit is my ONLY car and I realy cant afford to have it down for to long, I might just take it to a shop. The other question I have is does any one know if the kit will interfere with the Spoon Engine dampener or any front strut bars?
If it is anything like the MT version (which I believe it is), the pipes are in the way of the Spoon Engine Dampener... Had to take off mine.

Old 11-16-2008, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member
w00t! i knew they'd come through! now i gotta try and set an appointment to get my kit updated. Can't wait for the Hondata to come out!

Old 11-16-2008, 12:44 PM
What about high boost, and hondata?? Timeline?

Old 11-16-2008, 01:55 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eldaino
these are just base kits, and i'm pretty sure that since it took awhile for the a/t kit to be relased in general, how far it can be reliably boosted is the next logical step for them, and probably not next on the list as there are other cars and communities that are waiting for kits to be developed.

i'm prety happy with the numbers though. the added difference from stock to supercharged seems greater on the a/t than the manual version, at least the old one.
I was already running it.

Old 11-16-2008, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
Can someone explain to me what happens past 5500 RPMs? It's not like the supercharger unit stops spinning -- in fact it's speeding up of course. And there is no change in engine timing. Are the stock injectors simply running out of steam? What's the technical cause?

Old 11-16-2008, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member
that's a good question O.o

Old 11-17-2008, 12:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xorbe
Can someone explain to me what happens past 5500 RPMs? It's not like the supercharger unit stops spinning -- in fact it's speeding up of course. And there is no change in engine timing. Are the stock injectors simply running out of steam? What's the technical cause?

The boost curve has changed. Instead of getting 5psi at around red line, now gets it sooner so more power on the low and midrange. But if you think about it, you get the same hp sooner, and more torque.

Old 11-17-2008, 01:28 AM
are you changing the impeller or the drive ratio? seems to me like your spinning the heck outta this thing and its running out of steam sooner...

Old 11-17-2008, 01:43 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by artieman
are you changing the impeller or the drive ratio? seems to me like your spinning the heck outta this thing and its running out of steam sooner...
thats not it... its just like Wytt said.

The kraftwerks supercharger insert is what causes the boost to reach peak sooner which in turn causes peak hp and tq sooner as well. It is not running out of steam. The old kit would hit 5psi near redline... now you hit it at about 4k if im not mistaken

Theres actually more to it, but not to sure if I can spill the beans.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:33 AM
5 Year Member
@Wytt: Yeah, but those curves don't dance around like that unless something significant changes. Hopefully the details abound within a week or two.

Variable volume tubing? Pop-off valve?

Last edited by xorbe; 11-17-2008 at 02:42 AM.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xorbe
@Wytt: Yeah, but those curves don't dance around like that unless something significant changes. Hopefully the details abound within a week or two.

Variable volume tubing? Pop-off valve?
Nope and Nope. I don't know how detail I am allowed to say... Hopefully Oscar can chime in with an (official) explanation. But I will try by pointing you to information already floating around.

First: Oscar said what the upgrade would consist of:
• Rotrex Hub and Pulley System like the KraftWerks S2000 Kits
• KraftWerks Supercharger Pulley and Belt
• KraftWerks Supercharger Insert
• KraftWerks MAP Stabilizer
• KraftWerks Oil Reservoir Mounting Bracket
• KraftWerks Fit Belt Tensioner Adjustment Tool
• KraftWerks Hardware
So some sort of variable volume tubing and pop-off value is out.

Second: Awhile back Oscar showed us this pic of mid-production pulleys:

The one in the back is for the MT Upgrade. Notice how small it is, compared to the ones in the orginal version. So that means that the Rotrex is moving faster and therefore more air, so 5psi comes in the mid-range and not at redline. Of course, if it ran with just that pulley, it would go way past 5psi by redline.

Third: So what's keeping the Rotrex from pumping more than 5psi and from blowing up and/or protecting our engines? Some people did notice something newly "inserted" on the parts list...

Hopefully that semi helped answer your question. If not, I guess you just have to wait and see or wait for Oscar with an offical answer.

I will say this, It doesn't really matter... the extra torque on the low and mid range HELPS A LOT. It's a major upgrade... and the best part it's FREE (minus the cost to ship the Rotrex back)! Even Chris said it felt just like, and if not better, than when he was on the "older" version of High Boost. I always hit redline as I enter the freeway, and I don't really feel that dip down on power as the graph shows.

Old 11-17-2008, 04:29 AM
5 Year Member
if i buy this used will i get the free upgrade too?

Old 11-17-2008, 07:56 AM
5 Year Member
Refresh my memory please...

So for those of us waiting on the A/T Pre-Order List, what happens on the day it releases? Does KW contact us to complete the purchase or do we have to call them ASAP?

Old 11-17-2008, 11:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by revd34
if i buy this used will i get the free upgrade too?
Contact them at their website directly.

Old 11-17-2008, 01:04 PM
Former Vendor
Wytt was pretty accurate, without actually saying it.

Our goal was to improve low-speed drivability and overall performance. We needed to increase the area under the curve, but still only reach 5psi.

We have spun the Rotrex up faster, and are creating a lot more boost at lower engine speeds. This gives great off-idle thrust and performance. To control max air flow, we have developed the KraftWerks supercharger insert. The supercharger insert ensures injector duty cycle is not exceeded at high RPM and that 5 psi is reached earlier in the powerband.

The KraftWerks Fit kit now has better performance and safety built in, and has much more power potential.

Production pictures of these new items will be available in the next day or so. Come out to the Garage Sale to see them first hand! They look great!

Power potential:
High-Boost/Hondata information will be available soon to you boost junkies!

-OJR

Old 11-17-2008, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member
yay!!!! now i want to go to the garage sale, just to check it out :P and perhaps make an appointment to get my stuff updated. i have a couple of questions, too. regarding the boost hitting 5lbs sooner, how come it couldn't stay at 5lbs after the peak? Is it for the sake of longevity of the engine? And another question, since you guys made changes to the kit, does that mean you have to resubmit it for CARB approval? Will this mean it will take longer to get the kit approved and legalized?

Last edited by gotfitted; 11-17-2008 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:35 PM
5 Year Member
wow sounds interesting.

i still hope the newfound power can be extended to the a/t guys.

maybe not hondata, but a nice bump in injector size and maybe 8 psi would be great. i'd love to have 130whp or more!

jdmchris: i knew you were already running it...maybe you quoted the wrong person?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: KraftWerks Supercharger Kit Info v4.0