Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Another KW AT kit- INSTALLED!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 07:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by feared
i think he was being sarcastic... but how's it running with a header without upgraded injectors? i recall oscar saying you need injectors if you're going with a header so you dont run too lean?
After my last phone call(if I remember correctly) with Oscar Jr.:

With an aftermarket header -might run lean, may/may not need injector upgrade depending on A/F ratio

With an aftermarket header & test pipe - will run lean, requires the injector upgrade.

Hey Oscar Jr.,need info on that injector upgrade ASAP please. I'm dropping my car off in the shop today!

Last edited by Wave; 12-08-2008 at 08:07 AM.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:37 AM
With just the T1R header and axleback exhaust its running like a champ and I see no need for injectors whatsoever.

I had an autocross event Sunday and had an absolute blast! MUCH more overall power-- very noticeable at the high rpms (pretty much never out of 2nd) of autocross. I was not wanting for power really at all, relative to my particular vehicle, of course. I was hanging easily with Miatas of all variations, though of course autocross is even more about the driver than the car, I know, and not saying I am some bad ass, but as far as potential me and my little AT were right in the mix. Pure fun. The car was flawless.

So after a some real quality time with this s/c, I am really digging it. It took a couple of days to "relearn" how to drive the car, as the power characteristics are different and I have never owned a boosted vehicle before. Again, I started out buying this car for my wife to drive back and forth to work with the kids/get groceries and run around the neighborhood. I would have called you crazy if you said I'd have coilovers, lightweight racing wheels, extreme performance tires, and a supercharger a year later-- much less that I would be addicted to autocross (and really holding my own out there in this car, I might add).

Confirming: this kit balances out the car-- makes it what it should be, and kicks up the fun quotient exponentially. It works, it works very well, and has a solid philosophy behind it. I think part of what KW has done here is being missed in our hopeless quest for outrageous performance. The base kit is a "real world" supercharger that maintains the primary reasons most (not all, but most) Fit owners bought/use this car for: reliable, versatile, transportation with the option to do some tuning and have some fun.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jsensk
With just the T1R header and axleback exhaust its running like a champ and I see no need for injectors whatsoever.

I had an autocross event Sunday and had an absolute blast! MUCH more overall power-- very noticeable at the high rpms (pretty much never out of 2nd) of autocross. I was not wanting for power really at all, relative to my particular vehicle, of course. I was hanging easily with Miatas of all variations, though of course autocross is even more about the driver than the car, I know, and not saying I am some bad ass, but as far as potential me and my little AT were right in the mix. Pure fun. The car was flawless.

So after a some real quality time with this s/c, I am really digging it. It took a couple of days to "relearn" how to drive the car, as the power characteristics are different and I have never owned a boosted vehicle before. Again, I started out buying this car for my wife to drive back and forth to work with the kids/get groceries and run around the neighborhood. I would have called you crazy if you said I'd have coilovers, lightweight racing wheels, extreme performance tires, and a supercharger a year later-- much less that I would be addicted to autocross (and really holding my own out there in this car, I might add).

Confirming: this kit balances out the car-- makes it what it should be, and kicks up the fun quotient exponentially. It works, it works very well, and has a solid philosophy behind it. I think part of what KW has done here is being missed in our hopeless quest for outrageous performance. The base kit is a "real world" supercharger that maintains the primary reasons most (not all, but most) Fit owners bought/use this car for: reliable, versatile, transportation with the option to do some tuning and have some fun.
great post!

however unnecessary injectors may be, i'm very anxious to see what kind of effects they have with a header/exhaust combo.

the last dyno pitting a base kraftwerks kit and upgraded injector kit was pretty significant. i figure we would make more hp than the base manual version to the wheels with the injector kit.

Old 12-09-2008, 03:26 AM
5 Year Member
dual clutch would be the answer to AT, but u shouldve gotten a vw, bmw, or a european car...im not sure, but i havent seen any hondas with dual clutch, i could be wrong

i have a slushbox as well, but i dont hate on it, even tho its slow as hell, b/c im in bumper to bumper traffic on the 405 everyday, so my left foot is relieved...but yea if i wasnt in traffic every effin day, i would go stick all the way

Old 12-09-2008, 03:36 AM
5 Year Member
and i forgot to mention, back on topic, ur sc'd AT fit is the sh*t and u shouldnt care what other ppl say, 35 whp+ is a huge improvement over what a stock AT fit has

Old 12-09-2008, 04:33 AM
5 Year Member
I see a lot of people are kinda worried about the injectors and the possiblity of running lean. Now I could be wrong, but for the most part it is not needed. If you notice on Kraftwerks' website, that the injector upgrade has disappeared... actually, it's been off there site for quite sometime. There is a reason for this. As we all know, Chris' car was running lean since he had a header, exhaust, and no cat, so to be on the safe side the made the injector upgrade. After serveral month of release they notice people with the upgraded injectors running in to problems, and that when they put back the stock injectors things turn out fine. Basically, Chris' car is somewhat of a "freak" (not my word, but Oscar Sr.'s ).

Now for the most part, everyone should be okay with stock injectors. Oscar Sr.'s devoloped the kit to run fairly rich for several reasons. The 2 main reason is for reliability, and knowing people will or already have header and/or exhaust. Chris from Whitfield Racing noticed this back when I had the car dyno'd before I got the upgrade, and got it reaffirmed when I talk to Oscar Sr.

Before you go thinking that your stock injectors will be fine, you should have it dyno and of course make sure they are also recording the A/F Ratio. The Jacksons have always said, do a before and after dyno for the very least 2 reasons. 1st, to see what improvements you car now makes, and 2nd, to see the A/F Ratio is safe on your car with the kit and any other mods you might have. You will see that the majority of you won't need larger injectors.
I hope I didn't give you any misinformation, but if I did hopefully OJR can correct me if I am wrong.

Old 12-09-2008, 10:18 AM
So if you didn't dyno and the car is running beautifully, is there any concern about running rich/lean? I mean is it or can it be real subtle to where you don't notice but it might be causing some (undetected) problem?

Old 12-09-2008, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member
So if you didn't dyno and the car is running beautifully, is there any concern about running rich/lean? I mean is it or can it be real subtle to where you don't notice but it might be causing some (undetected) problem?
You should be fine, since the AT test Fit (AlienCowboy) I believe has a header and exhaust (although I believe it might just be axel back) his is with in the safe zone. But whenever you get a chance, you should get it dyno to make sure. See if any local shops are doing a dyno day to get a discounted price. If you need an excuse, you could say you need to know your power cruve to help improve your autocross skills. :-D

Old 12-09-2008, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member
thanks for the info

Old 12-09-2008, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member
dunno about anyone else, but my reasons for wanting the injector upgrade were to make even more power. not to make sure i was or wasn't running rich. the supercards settings should be taking care of that.

so i guess this is the final nail in the coffin? no injector upgrade for extra power for a/t users? this is pretty much it huh?

Old 12-09-2008, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member
Here you go Jsensk! I have a video of your best run at the autox.
YouTube - Jsensk Supercharged Honda Fit AutoX

Oh, and how is your transmission?

Old 12-09-2008, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
Setup

I am running a Megan B pipe and axle back.
I do have a Weapon R Header which I might put back on since I installed my Wideband I can check the A/F ratio to what the difference is.
I have also installed the Blitz Throttle Controller and really like it.
I like the way the car runs and I am very happy with it.
High Boost would be nice but not necessary for me.
AC

Old 12-09-2008, 11:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlueCell
Here you go Jsensk! I have a video of your best run at the autox.
YouTube - Jsensk Supercharged Honda Fit AutoX

Oh, and how is your transmission?
sweet! how was his time in comparison with other competitors?

Old 12-10-2008, 04:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eldaino
dunno about anyone else, but my reasons for wanting the injector upgrade were to make even more power. not to make sure i was or wasn't running rich. the supercards settings should be taking care of that.

so i guess this is the final nail in the coffin? no injector upgrade for extra power for a/t users? this is pretty much it huh?
You never know, only time will tell... (and no I don't know anything in development)

Old 12-10-2008, 09:41 AM
Thanks BlueCell! I need to go faster though!
I was pretty mid-pack. This is only my 3rd event so I am still learning-- and autoX strikes me as something that one does not usually quickly master. I did beat some Miatas and others, but you never know who is driving those cars.

Tranny is fine-- even with it low on the dipstick you still have plenty and the fact that I was running Amsoil (supposedly) helps too. (for those wondering what he's asking about, my transmission dipstick had popped out somehow and by my 4th run there was transmission fluid dripping all over and I though for sure-- just 3 days after installing the sc that it was realted to that and I was ruined. No biggie though. Topped it off an all is well.

alienCowboy- what can you tell me about the Blitz throttle controller?

Last edited by jsensk; 12-10-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:08 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks BlueCell! I need to go faster though!
I was pretty mid-pack. This is only my 3rd event so I am still learning-- and autoX strikes me as something that one does not usually quickly master. I did beat some Miatas and others, but you never know who is driving those cars.

Tranny is fine-- even with it low on the dipstick you still have plenty and the fact that I was running Amsoil (supposedly) helps too. (for those wondering what he's asking about, my transmission dipstick had popped out somehow and by my 4th run there was transmission fluid dripping all over and I though for sure-- just 3 days after installing the sc that it was realted to that and I was ruined. No biggie though. Topped it off an all is well.

alienCowboy- what can you tell me about the Blitz throttle body?

hey, midpack is nice when you are the underdog right?

Old 12-10-2008, 11:49 AM
That's for sure-- but the Fit can hang! Especially with a little boost, plus great suspension and tires-- it really comes down to the driver. I look forward to improving my times and establishing a little presence with this car in my class over the 2009 season when I start running for points. There is no doubt that the KW kit gives me what I need to at least compete. The announcer on that run in the video seemed even a little surprised at my time, being a Fit and all.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eldaino

Last I spoke with Oscar Jr. there is an injector upgrade coming for the A/T. 195cc I believe.

I'm going back to my stock catalytic converter on my Fit while the KW kit is being installed. I'll go back to the testpipe once the injector upgrade becomes available.

jsensk - great job on your car! looking forward to hearing more success stories on your autocrossing events.

Old 12-10-2008, 01:41 PM
5 Year Member
What is our stock injector cc? I didn't think it was lower than 200. But then again....

Old 12-10-2008, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlueCell
What is our stock injector cc? I didn't think it was lower than 200. But then again....
I remember reading about it in the version 3.0 thread but thats a looong thread to go searching thru!

Quick Reply: Another KW AT kit- INSTALLED!