Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Another KW AT kit- INSTALLED!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 12:17 AM
If anyone could also post vids aside from the pics it would be awesome also...

Old 12-23-2008, 11:44 AM
I've been needing to shoot some pics-- will try this weekend as the family will be out of town. But it looks just like everyone else. If you've seen it once you've pretty much seen it.

Vid-wise, I don't have a video camera but can borrow one. It's just 0-60 type stuff you guys want to see? I still don't really know how to do it in a quality manner, but will try. I was thinking a helmet-mounted cam would work. Is it not sufficient to just post 0-60 times? That's the same data ultimately. I'll tell you they are MUCH faster than NA AT for sure, but thr proofs in the pudding as they say.

I will make an effort to get something cool this weekend since I will have time to myself for a change.

Old 12-23-2008, 04:17 PM
5 Year Member
Yep, on a flat road slam the gas pedal and a stop watch button simultaneously, depress again at 60. Do two or 3 runs and average... not super accurate, but good enough for the general idea. Whoever does this, please don't use the added throttle controller. Report temp and general wind.

I measured two A/Ts at ~12.2 stock, and one at ~11.9 with light weight rims and light weight crank pulley. On a hella hot day, the stock is almost 13!

Last edited by xorbe; 12-23-2008 at 04:20 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jsensk
I've been needing to shoot some pics-- will try this weekend as the family will be out of town. But it looks just like everyone else. If you've seen it once you've pretty much seen it.

Vid-wise, I don't have a video camera but can borrow one. It's just 0-60 type stuff you guys want to see? I still don't really know how to do it in a quality manner, but will try. I was thinking a helmet-mounted cam would work. Is it not sufficient to just post 0-60 times? That's the same data ultimately. I'll tell you they are MUCH faster than NA AT for sure, but thr proofs in the pudding as they say.

I will make an effort to get something cool this weekend since I will have time to myself for a change.
in all honesty just posting the stats would be more than enough for me. sometimes i feel that 0-60 vids are underwhelming, because you can't FEEL the speed of the car, it doesn't translate into fast. (unless ofcourse the car is ridiculously fast, which as we all know, most fits, even modded, are not.)

i will ask one thing of you though jensk: try you runs: 1 paddle shifting and 2 just leaving it in sport. they both result in faster real world numbers without f.i., so i can imagine that they would be better with. if i could get my fit to do low 8 second runs, or even into the seven's, i'd be thrilled. i could stop worrying about wanting another car, or wanting to sell the fit for an older ef or ek.

Last edited by eldaino; 12-24-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:27 PM
Vids are cool, because you get to hear the motor after the upgrade.

Nothing quite compares to sitting IN the fit as you floor it and watch the front end rise up through 2nd gear until you bust the tires loose just before you shift though...

Old 12-25-2008, 12:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by explosivpotato
Vids are cool, because you get to hear the motor after the upgrade.

Nothing quite compares to sitting IN the fit as you floor it and watch the front end rise up through 2nd gear until you bust the tires loose just before you shift though...

that would be the only reason i wouldn't mind a video, but i'd rather have the times if i had to choose.