Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Any cams yet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
That idle is sexy.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did Delta charge you for the regrind?

Old 04-09-2016, 05:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jmsplitfyre
That idle is sexy.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did Delta charge you for the regrind?
I honestly can't remember exactly but it was so ridiculously cheap, I couldn't pass it up. Somewhere between $100-$200 a cam or something absurd. I purchased brand new cams though and sent them out to Deltacam to be reground, so my down time would be minimal.

Also, I'd have to apologize on the 1/4 mile information. Going through my timeslips, I can not say the installation of the cams brought my 1/4 mile times down from 15.6 to 16.1.

In between the cam install and my old 15.6 1/4 mile time, I had my CVT ECU reflashed before installing the cams. I tested the car after the CVT reflash and my 1/4 mile times where between 15.8-16.0. I lost lowend, midrange as well as top end. Temps were not a factor as it was cool. ( CVT Reflash) I just forgot to state this but never did, figuring most people couldn't care less either way.

Attached Thumbnails Any cams yet?-80-cewyxdp_385a2e137b10ebc794f95cc5dc66447d7bc6de83.jpg  

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 04-09-2016 at 05:35 PM.
Old 04-09-2016, 06:13 PM
5 Year Member
Can't wait to see what they do after a tune.

Old 04-09-2016, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the info!

I recently got a spare cam core from the local yard, and now searching for options on cam regrinds. I wanted to go Bisimoto, but still waiting for a reply from Delta about pricing and profile options.

I guess the 272 grind is the highest you can get without having to replace the valve train, right?

Old 04-09-2016, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the info!

I recently got a spare cam core from the local yard, and now searching for options on cam regrinds. I wanted to go Bisimoto, but still waiting for a reply from Delta about pricing and profile options.

I guess the 272 grind is the highest you can get without having to replace the valve train, right?
Yes, I believe 272 grind is the highest you can get without having to replace the valve train. Don't wait on a reply to an email from Delta. They have been very slow to respond to any emails I sent. HOWEVER they were always easy to reach by phone and have always been helpful. You will want to give them a call and ask away with any questions you have.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 04-10-2016 at 10:39 PM.
Old 04-10-2016, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
Yes, I believe 272 grind is the highest you can get without having to replace the valve train. Don't wait on a reply to an email from Delta. They have been very slow to respond or any emails I sent. HOWEVER they were always easy to reach by phone and have always been helpful. You will want to give them a call and ask away with any questions you have.
No wonder I'm waiting for nothing. I guess I will just have to give them a call this week.
I might go back to the yard and probably take the whole head off, just in case I decide to go more aggressive.

Old 04-29-2016, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
No wonder I'm waiting for nothing. I guess I will just have to give them a call this week.
I might go back to the yard and probably take the whole head off, just in case I decide to go more aggressive.
Nice! Id be interested in the results of that headwork. I know leonine in the ROtrex build thread got 30% more flow...which to me seems really good considereing how little there is to remove, so I've been told.

Myx, any updates on the cam situation?

Old 04-29-2016, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by devmail
Nice! Id be interested in the results of that headwork. I know leonine in the ROtrex build thread got 30% more flow...which to me seems really good considereing how little there is to remove, so I've been told.

Waiting for a 🐱 cams custom grind They said 3 weeks turnaround but I'm not holding my breath. Ordered 2 weeks ago...

Head flow was estimated between 25-30 percent improvement.

Old 04-29-2016, 04:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by leonine
Waiting for a �� cams custom grind They said 3 weeks turnaround but I'm not holding my breath. Ordered 2 weeks ago...

Head flow was estimated between 25-30 percent improvement.
Man stop posting that crap up. My chest hurts every time I read that. 25-30%. Good lord! I'm ready to send my plastic manifold out to see if they can melt some of it off for more airflow.

Originally Posted by devmail
None at the moment! Still going through tuning revisions with SpeedFactory Racing. I am on revision #15. The first 10 revisions were to iron out the air/fuel ratios with the larger Civic maf sensor. That's done now! Working on testing different cam angles at the moment. Still unable to raise the rev limit though (CVT). Not sure if that will ever come to be so I may have to settle for the stock 6500rpm peak. Will see! I'd hate to reinstall the stock cams only to be told that NOW the rev limit can be raised on CVT models.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 04-29-2016 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-30-2016, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member
Still unable to raise the rev limit though (CVT). Not sure if that will ever come to be so I may have to settle for the stock 6500rpm peak. Will see! I'd hate to reinstall the stock cams only to be told that NOW the rev limit can be raised on CVT models.
Not sure if the GK is similar to the GD in this department but have you tried using S mode with paddles active? This lets the transmission control module give you a little more control over shift points and possibly hit the raised limiter because YOU are controlling the shift points.

Mind you, I do know that the GK's CVT does upshift for you in S model with paddels dead stock but still worth a shot.

Old 04-30-2016, 10:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
Not sure if the GK is similar to the GD in this department but have you tried using S mode with paddles active? This lets the transmission control module give you a little more control over shift points and possibly hit the raised limiter because YOU are controlling the shift points.

Mind you, I do know that the GK's CVT does upshift for you in S model with paddels dead stock but still worth a shot.
The LX doesn't have paddle shifters. And there are no shift points. Just one long 'gear' with infinite ratios. I love it! Just can't move where the engine rpm stops at.......yet.

Old 05-01-2016, 01:51 AM
5 Year Member
The LX doesn't have paddle shifters. And there are no shift points. Just one long 'gear' with infinite ratios. I love it! Just can't move where the engine rpm stops at.......yet.
Ugh, I forget that you have an LX (they're uncommon at my dealer).

Now... I'm kind of curious if there is a way to either A) retrofit sport paddles to access the "shift emulation" that the CVT does to access higher RPMs or B) trick the engine and CVT's control module(s) into allow for higher than stock rev limits.

Old 05-04-2016, 01:34 AM
5 Year Member
Ugh, I forget that you have an LX (they're uncommon at my dealer).

Now... I'm kind of curious if there is a way to either A) retrofit sport paddles to access the "shift emulation" that the CVT does to access higher RPMs
I couldn't tell you.

B) trick the engine and CVT's control module(s) into allow for higher than stock rev limits.
Nope! Haven't figured this one out yet.

Old 06-24-2016, 02:59 AM
I have been undecided on what I wanted to do with Cuki (my Fit.) I thought about Bisimoto, (& now Delta). Yet with my car approaching 270k, I'm probrbaly thinking of K-swap. Yet, I'm not sure of what I wanted to do.

Old 09-02-2016, 04:21 PM
5 Year Member
Old 09-02-2016, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member
Not 100% sure BUT,, I believe the CVT has a RPM sensor on both shafts, it MIGHT be possible to devise a circuit to offset the input and output shaft RPM thats being sent to the computer to tell the computer the tranny RPM is lower so it lets the engine spin closer to the rev limiter. I believe its a Pulse event modulator or some thing like that, similar to the ones that tune the speedometer inputs to match new gears and tires.