Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Clutch Delay Valve

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by mkchiu
The MT is a 09 GE.

ED: I looked at the other thread. From the Honda GD CMC schematic, I suspect the GD valve design is the same, and will upload a before-drilling photo tonight.

ED: Photos linked. Also, to be more explicit, the hole diameter should probably be 2.50 mm, and that's why 3/32 in (2.38 mm) is likely good enough.

By mkchiu at 2010-05-26

By mkchiu at 2010-05-26

wtf is that triangular thing?! im thinking about gonin into batozone and lookin at their cmc for one that could bolt up but i have looked at other sites and cars with cdv and they seem to fix the problem by allowing more fluid to return. so if the whole that allowed fluid to return (idk which one) was enlarged wouldnt the clutch's own built in spring return at a normal rate? because the fluid will have less resistance?

Old 06-20-2011, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitisbamf
wtf is that triangular thing?! im thinking about gonin into batozone and lookin at their cmc for one that could bolt up but i have looked at other sites and cars with cdv and they seem to fix the problem by allowing more fluid to return. so if the whole that allowed fluid to return (idk which one) was enlarged wouldnt the clutch's own built in spring return at a normal rate? because the fluid will have less resistance?
The triangle thing is the (CDV's) housing. The cover is seen in the bottom photo. The cover is held by 3x T-30 security fasteners. Between the cover and shiny circular diaphragm is a circular ring. Below the accumulator diaphragm is the "valve":
1) a second o-ring,
2) some volume to act as a reservoir for high pressure fluid, and
3) fluid (reservoir) input and output (holes).

I'm not sure how much, if any, effect the hole I enlarged has on the CDV behavior.

Old 06-20-2011, 09:45 PM
Hi

This Q is for people who've deleted the CDV using the omni CMC: I've recently swapped the OEM CMC with an Omni Power. So far it feels awesome.

I'm unsure about the proper height of the clutch pedal with the Omni. I kept the original omni CMC bolt, w/ no spacer used (used paper gasket ofc). Around where does the pedal sit in relation to the brake pedal for you guys?

Right now I've the pedal about 1/2 an inch lower than the brake pedal after adjusting. After install with no adjustments, it was maybe 1/2 an inch higher than the brake pedal.

Reason why I'm worried (from what I'm understanding) is that if I push the pedal down all the way and the pedal position is set too high, I'm over-disengaging the clutch. From what I was reading it can lead to dmg to the pressure plate.

Also, my pedal bolt is adjusted all the way to the end of the screw: i have the lock nut and the pedal connector on the bolt. I've around 1/2 of freeplay.

Hope I'm making sense here. Thanks for reading

Last edited by adagdag; 06-20-2011 at 09:49 PM. Reason: whoa formatting disappeared.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by adagdag
Hi

This Q is for people who've deleted the CDV using the omni CMC: I've recently swapped the OEM CMC with an Omni Power. So far it feels awesome.

I'm unsure about the proper height of the clutch pedal with the Omni. I kept the original omni CMC bolt, w/ no spacer used (used paper gasket ofc). Around where does the pedal sit in relation to the brake pedal for you guys?

Right now I've the pedal about 1/2 an inch lower than the brake pedal after adjusting. After install with no adjustments, it was maybe 1/2 an inch higher than the brake pedal.

Reason why I'm worried (from what I'm understanding) is that if I push the pedal down all the way and the pedal position is set too high, I'm over-disengaging the clutch. From what I was reading it can lead to dmg to the pressure plate.

Also, my pedal bolt is adjusted all the way to the end of the screw: i have the lock nut and the pedal connector on the bolt. I've around 1/2 of freeplay.

Hope I'm making sense here. Thanks for reading

From what I remember, 1/2" was about right, maybe it was even 3/4".

Old 06-21-2011, 12:43 AM
5 Year Member
someone needs to do a diy on this with good pictures. I would be down to do this but i hate adjusting my pedals. Last time i did it on my ep3 i f'ed it up and couldnt get the pedal off the floor.

So what rod are you guys using? the omni rod or the stock fit one?

and is there an offical parts list of what I would need from the hardware store and etc to accomplish this without making 5 trips to the store in my wifes car?

please and thank you in advance because if this works and i could get ride of the horrible clutch slip that would be amazing.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:22 AM
the part number is SH5036 this is a sachs's units part number but its all the same. i used one for a 98 civic i figured that was old enough to not have a cdv, the civic rod hits the pedal's arm so i got to cut down the rod to the right length but other then that its pretty easy install just got to be a magician cuz getting this past the brake cyl is almost impossible i took the whole assembly out cuz i knew it would be easier to check all the peices for cdv i installed all the lines before installing the cmc because its impossible to access once bolted on

Name:  2011-06-20102557.jpg
Views: 793
Size:  89.9 KB

Name:  2011-06-20102547.jpg
Views: 737
Size:  95.2 KB

Name:  2011-06-20102539.jpg
Views: 760
Size:  109.3 KB

Last edited by fitisbamf; 08-03-2011 at 04:17 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:23 AM
no more cdv btw and the pedal is actually a little resistant

Old 06-21-2011, 01:00 PM
today i swapped the rod for the oem one and it works perfectly

Old 06-21-2011, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
Do the rods just unscrew?

Old 06-21-2011, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member
This Q is for people who've deleted the CDV using the omni CMC:

(from what I'm understanding) is that if I push the pedal down all the way and the pedal position is set too high, I'm over-disengaging the clutch. From what I was reading it can lead to dmg to the pressure plate.

A minimum of 0.5 in of free play is what I've been been told. I was about 0.5 in of free play when using the OmniPower spacer. The pedal's spring isn't strong enough to pull the pedal back up with "excessive" free play. If I'm remembering clutch mechanics correctly, free play will increases as you wear down the clutch's friction material.

Too little free play is also bad.

If you're worried about over-disengaging, you could install the spacer, and shorten the rod. Also look at the below thread (post) and maybe PM apexanimal.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post874174

Originally Posted by myblackhatch
someone needs to do a diy on this with good pictures.

So what rod are you guys using? the omni rod or the stock fit one?

and is there an offical parts list
The same thread I mention above is a GD CDV delete / CMC replace thread. Instructions for the GE are about the same.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post873342

I used the OmniPower rod with their included spacer.

Parts:
1x OmniPower RSX CMC kit
1x 30-40mm replacement clutch (pedal freeplay) adjustment bolt

Old 06-24-2011, 04:01 AM
A minimum of 0.5 in of free play is what I've been been told. I was about 0.5 in of free play when using the OmniPower spacer. The pedal's spring isn't strong enough to pull the pedal back up with "excessive" free play. If I'm remembering clutch mechanics correctly, free play will increases as you wear down the clutch's friction material.

Too little free play is also bad.

If you're worried about over-disengaging, you could install the spacer, and shorten the rod. Also look at the below thread (post) and maybe PM apexanimal.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post874174
I am OK with freeplay. I am more curious about pedal height/position, relative to brake pedal height?

Right now my clutch pedal is 1/2"below the brake pedal.

Ideally I'd like to adjust the pedal down far enough so that there is no excessive disengaging of the clutch with the pedal down.

After freshly installing with no adjustment, the clutch pedal was above the brake pedal, and engagement point was already high. Noted that omni said it should be around 2 in below the brake pedal.. but I want to see where you guys are at since we've the same car. I adjusted mine to 1/2" below the brake pedal. Already noted awptickles's 1/2"-3/4" below brake pedal.

Old 06-25-2011, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member
I am OK with freeplay. I am more curious about pedal height/position, relative to brake pedal height?

Right now my clutch pedal is 1/2"below the brake pedal.

Ideally I'd like to adjust the pedal down far enough so that there is no excessive disengaging of the clutch with the pedal down.

After freshly installing with no adjustment, the clutch pedal was above the brake pedal, and engagement point was already high. Noted that omni said it should be around 2 in below the brake pedal.. but I want to see where you guys are at since we've the same car. I adjusted mine to 1/2" below the brake pedal. Already noted awptickles's 1/2"-3/4" below brake pedal.
My clutch pedal is also 1/2 to 3/4 in below the other two pedal--with spacer and OmniPower rod. I do not consider excessive disengaging an issue since my mark 1 eyeball of the CMCs said the max fluid volume was about equal or less than stock. With equal or less max fluid volume, the OmniPower will not disengage more than stock.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:20 AM
My clutch pedal is also 1/2 to 3/4 in below the other two pedal--with spacer and OmniPower rod. I do not consider excessive disengaging an issue since my mark 1 eyeball of the CMCs said the max fluid volume was about equal or less than stock. With equal or less max fluid volume, the OmniPower will not disengage more than stock.

its impossible to "over push" the ge8 clutch.... y u may ask? well the clutch fork will hit the tranny before the clutch is over pressed thus stopping all movement past this mark

Old 07-25-2011, 07:43 PM
5 Year Member
fitisbamf: That's something interesting to file away, but not what adagdag was interested in, which was relating the OmniPower to the stock CMC.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:51 AM
fitisbamf: That's something interesting to file away, but not what adagdag was interested in, which was relating the OmniPower to the stock CMC.

i think the omni and this civic have the same bore and stoke.

but if any1 is looking for a stiffer pedal feel this is the mod, it feels 3-4x stiffer too

Old 08-02-2011, 01:04 PM
5 Year Member
When I am using my throttle controller in the fastest opening mode My clutch seems to not be engaging fast enough and ends up slipping real bad.. Is what you guys on this thread going to be something that will help me with my problem you think? I'm going to have to crawl under it sooner or later anyway so I'm considering doing this if it is going to at least help.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:08 PM
u have a gd? then this will not help u. ur clutch delay valve is seperate from ur master cyl. and is easier to by pass then the ge's. but this does make the clutch grip at a faster rate then stock. allowing the clutch to grab instead of slip/ grab in time before gas is applied enough to slip it. kinda get it? so it makes ur clutch like a ".5 stage" as like a new upgraded clutch is "stage 1" i feel like it has more grip it catches lower on the pedal and is able to launch at higher rpm without slipping

Last edited by fitisbamf; 08-02-2011 at 02:11 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member
ok i pretty much read this entire thread, and it sounds like i really need to do this mod if i wanna track my fit like i do the CRX, i do have a couple questions though, and dont' nt to try to find then answers again going back thru all four pages
1: whats the part # i need ___________? it's Omni correct? has anyone used a different brand? (thought i read about a different brand in the beginning here) i work in the OE parts business and will source it thru my AM vendors if i can, I called my AM source and they haven't heard of omni
2: is there an issue with pedal height being different after or not?
3: if you've done this mod, does it seem harsh on the trans? (assuming thats why honda did this in the first place) or is it just like a normal car from several years back?
thanks in advance - Wilson

Old 08-03-2011, 04:28 AM
Originally Posted by vtecfit1
ok i pretty much read this entire thread, and it sounds like i really need to do this mod if i wanna track my fit like i do the CRX, i do have a couple questions though, and dont' nt to try to find then answers again going back thru all four pages
1: whats the part # i need ___________? it's Omni correct? has anyone used a different brand? (thought i read about a different brand in the beginning here) i work in the OE parts business and will source it thru my AM vendors if i can, I called my AM source and they haven't heard of omni
2: is there an issue with pedal height being different after or not?
3: if you've done this mod, does it seem harsh on the trans? (assuming thats why honda did this in the first place) or is it just like a normal car from several years back?
thanks in advance - Wilson

you dont need the omni cmc an older civic cmc works just fine the part number is SH5036 this is a sachs's units part number but its all the same. i used one for a 98 civic i figured that was old enough to not have a cdv, the civic rod hits the pedal's arm so i got the rod out the old cmc (clutch master cyl.) use snap ring plires it comes right out, but other then that its pretty easy install just got to be a magician cuz getting this past the brake cyl is almost impossible i took the whole assembly out cuz i knew it would be easier to check all the peices for cdv i installed all the lines before installing the cmc because its impossible to access once bolted on. not playing its really really hard to get the new cmc in there.... i almost thought i had to remove the brake booster and everything else out. the cmc works great i have had it for some time no signs or transmission issues and clutch is holding great. the ge cant "over press" the clutch because the transmission clutch fork housing hits the arm at max extension. love this mod i run my ge hard almost everyday btw and its folding just fine!

Name:  2011-06-20102557.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  89.9 KB

Name:  2011-06-20102547.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  95.2 KB

Name:  2011-06-20102539.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  109.3 KB

Old 08-16-2011, 09:24 AM
5 Year Member
I just went to AutoZone and picked up a CMC for $26.99 for a ’98 Civic Dx…it was P/N CM1366

Quick Reply: Clutch Delay Valve