Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Taking oil pan off

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 03:00 AM
5 Year Member
Taking oil pan off

Has anyone taken the oil pan off before? What do you need to do to take it off? Is it hard?

Old 06-09-2009, 03:28 AM
Why do you need to take off the oil pan? I'm sure if you have a set of wrenches, sockets and a new gasket you'll be good. You might wanna specify what chassis and engine you have.

Old 06-09-2009, 04:20 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
its pretty straight forward. just follow the instructions.

to remove
Engine Oil Pan Removal

to put back on
Engine Oil Pan Installation

Old 06-09-2009, 02:44 PM
5 Year Member
Thx

Another Question

Where is the oil line? Where should I weld the oil return fitting? What size -AN fitting ?

Old 06-09-2009, 03:55 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
im getting under my car today. ill try to take a pic
oh and the fitting should be a -10

Old 05-07-2020, 08:42 PM
Do you need to remove the driveshaft? It's in the removal instructions but not the installation instructions.

Originally Posted by kelsodeez
its pretty straight forward. just follow the instructions.

to remove
Engine Oil Pan Removal

to put back on
Engine Oil Pan Installation

Old 07-11-2020, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by thats_it
Do you need to remove the driveshaft? It's in the removal instructions but not the installation instructions.
Did you ever receive a reply to the inquiry about removing the drive shaft? Not my car, but I'm researching for my friend. Initial impression is that driveshaft removal seems really involved and beyond our ability.

Old 07-11-2020, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by LGJVFX
Did you ever receive a reply to the inquiry about removing the drive shaft? Not my car, but I'm researching for my friend. Initial impression is that driveshaft removal seems really involved and beyond our ability.
I didn't get an answer from the forum but I did get an answer from taking the pan off myself. The answer is no! Which is good because the driveshaft removal would have probably been beyond my ability too.

I have the pan off now and I'm waiting for the new pan to arrive to complete the job.

Old 07-12-2020, 02:11 PM
I didn't get an answer from the forum but I did get an answer from taking the pan off myself. The answer is no! Which is good because the driveshaft removal would have probably been beyond my ability too.

I have the pan off now and I'm waiting for the new pan to arrive to complete the job.
Ah-ha! Many, many thanks. I have yet to get under car fully to assess. Planning a patch as initial solution. Looks like might be just a pin hole rather than a stress crack. Any instructions you found or advisory comments are very appreciated.
TYIA!!

Old 05-26-2021, 07:05 PM
i hit a concrete culvert and cracked my oil pan earlier so im getting ready to tear into it soon .Any advice or problems anybody ran into ,cant find any youtube vids on this job but i appreciate the links someone posted above .My questions are do i need a gasket and also liquid gasket (i dont think either one comes with the part on amazon).Also someone in another thread showed some metal tubes in the corner of his old oil pan and said he couldnt get them out but he thought they neeeded to go back in the new pan? Any help is much appreciated!
PS 2008 fit sport automatic

Old 10-29-2022, 02:21 PM

So I'm doing my oil pan and it's basically glued shut any advice for removing it with it being stuck?

Old 10-30-2022, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
I would say check double around the oil pan to see if you missed a bolt, I did when I dropped my pan years ago. The bolt was around one of the corners you wouldn't notice at first, check this link, then maybe a nice wide flat head, should be a nice corner you can get into and twist, that won't damage or is at least away from the mating surfaces.