Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

cooling issue ---new fan ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator
I see he edited his post to say oil not water(unless it was like that and I missed it) If nits the oil your worried about then pick up a oil cooler.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FELIXY69
my problem is..car is heating up to 95C (oil temp) under normal driving....
i need it to stay cool for the summer and i think is time for FAN upgrade ?
which is a good fan that is much better then stock ?
SPAL or Flex a lite ?

where can i get it ?
thanks
Don't worry about it Felix. 95c oil temp is nothing. What about your water temp? U using Defi gauges? I personally won't worry about it til it's 120c-ish. Did u install a spoon thermostat? I'm not sure if running a cooler coolant temperature will lower your oil temperature but worth a try. Coz the thermostat is cheap. I don't think u guys with FI setup will run too cool like me in the winter anyway. FI setup usually run warmer especially when some of you have FMIC which blocks to air flow going into the rad.

According to my scan gauge, I would keep running around 65c when it's around 2-3c outside in the morning, without anything blocking the radiator. Water temp will go even lower when I'm driving downhill(even under 60c). That's why u saw me using that white board to block the lower grill long time ago when we met at Tim Horton before winter olympics. With that thing in, then my water temp stays at 85-95c during city driving. And cooling fan comes on at about 100c-ish when I go into some underground parking.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by spoonek4
Don't worry about it Felix. 95c oil temp is nothing. What about your water temp? U using Defi gauges? I personally won't worry about it til it's 120c-ish. Did u install a spoon thermostat? I'm not sure if running a cooler coolant temperature will lower your oil temperature but worth a try. Coz the thermostat is cheap. I don't think u guys with FI setup will run too cool like me in the winter anyway. FI setup usually run warmer especially when some of you have FMIC which blocks to air flow going into the rad.

According to my scan gauge, I would keep running around 65c when it's around 2-3c outside in the morning, without anything blocking the radiator. Water temp will go even lower when I'm driving downhill(even under 60c). That's why u saw me using that white board to block the lower grill long time ago when we met at Tim Horton before winter olympics. With that thing in, then my water temp stays at 85-95c during city driving. And cooling fan comes on at about 100c-ish when I go into some underground parking.

hey thx for ur help.
i tend to drive my car very hard...and just wanna keep it safe....
the oil temp sensor is plugged in at the sandwich block and not the oil pan..so may be that's why it's reading hot...
and i do have spoon thermostat already

Old 05-10-2010, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
That's normal to get oil temperature from the sandwich. My brother & quite some friends do that the same way. I would recommend you to go with an engine oil cooler but hopefully it doesn't block the air flow into the radiator.....

Old 05-11-2010, 05:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by spoonek4
That's normal to get oil temperature from the sandwich. My brother & quite some friends do that the same way. I would recommend you to go with an engine oil cooler but hopefully it doesn't block the air flow into the radiator.....

actually...i already have oil cooler for both tranny and motor....but i think the holes i have in the fender liner isn't big enough so it is not cooling efficiently

Old 05-21-2010, 04:35 AM
so 95 C on water temp is normal rite ?