Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

New Bisimoto Products!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
I'm assuming the fit would require (at least it would be beneficial) to have it tuned again. I would think having a reengineered cam would register differently either on the stock ECU or F/IC management...

Old 06-20-2010, 12:08 AM
5 Year Member
It would need a tune

Old 06-20-2010, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member
To justify the expense and labor I am not sure that a F/IC will do much to help unless the cam grind is making power in the mid range.... The rev limiter has to be changed or eliminated with a reflash of the ECU if you want to really make power at higher RPMs.... A mild street grind is about all that is feasible without having to do other changes.

Old 06-20-2010, 01:30 AM
5 Year Member
for my own secruity i think i would have someone who has worked with these engines to install it, so when i get that cam who wants to make some cash lol

Old 06-20-2010, 05:28 AM
5 Year Member
It's not hard but it doesn't help if you don't have the tools. I agree with Texas though and you can't really raise the limiter much

Old 06-20-2010, 12:58 PM
5 Year Member
yea i def dont have the right tools or place to do it

Old 06-20-2010, 05:43 PM
5 Year Member
not to doubt anyone but just who is k-alt? sir you have 66 posts and not a single picture of your fit (if you really own one), you've come on here and posted all about great products and not one is even close to having a picture or real specs on paper or the internet. i've read alot about bisimoto but dont believe "he" lives in vegas (i could be wrong) and his website says they are in Cali.
do you know him personally? or are you talking to someone that works in his shop? or are you talking out your a**?
i hope this really is a true thread "along with the other 4 threads you started in all the other forums" but i'd spend a little more time telling us about "yourself" before you ask for a dime from any of us! people get dooped all the time on the internet but i like to think that it happens A WHOLE LOT LESS ON FITFREAK THAN other places.
please dont take this in a bad way cause i really love my fit and love this forum, and really hope to get a cam that will make the L15 sing to the masses, i dont want a sti/evo killer but would love an sti/evo "supriser" or even a little respect from the others! i love honda for the build quality and the durability of their motors "NOONE BUILDS A BETTER N/A 4 BANGER" <---PERIOD..
SO DO ME (and anyone else that dares stand up) AND CONVINCE ME YOUR FOR REAL!
thanks in advance - Wilson aka vtecfit1

Last edited by vtecfit1; 06-20-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member

Last edited by k-alt; 06-20-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
i dont think you are bisi and never did, i simply stated that you're new here and as i agree your intentions are good and in an enthusiasts best intrest!i just am a little more cautious as i have been in the middle of a huge mess here in the past where several people were burned (ikona) i'm not asking to see your pics of your car (if you have one) i just think its odd that you dont have any up. i am asking the above questions as to cool my fears of a huge build up and then a fall down the road, so i asked who you are, and who you are (supposedly) talking to?
trust me i want this to happen and think it will eventually after seeing bisimoto's website, oh and i read all your threads you started, not just Manifold one, i'm not doubting you i just wanna know more info. so dont get bent out of shape!!
thanks again for any more info you can provide

Old 06-20-2010, 09:43 PM
Whether he is legit or not the fact remains that a cam change is far from a bolt-on mod. I find it very difficult to believe that one could change the cam on the L15 and expect the stock ECU to even start and settle into a normal idle. Maybe I have the wrong idea on what they are meaning by "custom grind cam" but it seems a little far fetched to me.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
After speaking with Oscar Jackson Jr. about the tuning that was needed for the KWSC high boost kit I am having trouble figuring out what stand alone tuner can be used that will do more than adjust A/F ratios and retard timing.... KWSC spent a great deal of time with AEM trying to utilize their F/IC to work with the high boost kit for the Fit without success and finally had to resort to having Hondata come up with a reflash.... The ECU on the Fit responds to stand alone tuning devices in a negative way or there would be people all over the place with high output Fits... There were a few people that were using the F/IC with boost for awhile on Fits but I don't know if anyone is doing so now... The last person that I know of that used that method on a KWSC boosted Fit had to go back to the Super Card tuning that was supplied with the 5 PSI kit after the shop that installed the kit and F/IC said it just doesn't work just as O.J.Jr. told me they had discovered along with AEM engineers that they teamed up with...... The cam would surely need a reflashed ECU and the tuning needs will differ based on whatever other performance modifications are on the individual car so it isn't a perfect option if you ever want to make changes.

Last edited by Texas Coyote; 06-20-2010 at 11:26 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:22 PM
That is what i was afraid of. The Fit wasn't meant to be tuned, even more so than other honda products, therfore the ECU will be the weak link. Its stock programming is doubtless biased towards economy, rather than max HP. Any major change in the way the engine breathes is bound to run into the limitations imposed by that stock programming. Now the question is, whom do we need to beg to crack the ECU and come up with a reprogrammed model that would allow things like cams, and intake manifolds to function at their best on a NA L15? Whoever it is I would like to be at the top of the list saying PLEASE DO IT.....

Old 06-21-2010, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
^ it would be sweet if diablosport or someone like that came up with a handheld to adjust parameters (fuel, timing, rpm, speed, fans, etc)...

Old 06-22-2010, 04:38 PM
Hondata probably has the resources for it, they just need a demand, and enough people willing to pay up front to make it worth their while.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
I got really excited when I opened this thread, then really depressed when I finished reading it...

Old 06-23-2010, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member
Lol that sucks about the fi/c that's what I was going to use with my turbo kit

Old 06-23-2010, 03:37 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
to fix the tuning problem you would need to import a honda jazz l15a ecu since the firewall doesnt exist. If someone is really interested in that contact top fuel since they mail out tuneable ecu's but last time i checked it was 750US for that option.

pulling the cam would be simple and you could do it without removing the head. set motor to tdc. remove 8 bolts holding down the cam and rocker assembly and pull the cam. add some lube and reinstall everything.

I talked with Bisi about designing a cam about 4 months ago and he said if there was enough interest he would get around to it.

So this gauge interest thread is possibly true but im not endorsing anything. just my 2 pennies

Old 06-23-2010, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
redrumm..... I think it will work, just not to the standards that are wanted by Oscar Jackson.... Do you have one????

Last edited by Texas Coyote; 06-23-2010 at 03:41 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:46 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
there was a guy from ohio that was using the fi/c for his turbo setup and was running it very reliably and the fit reacted very well to his input.

it was what i was going to use for my boost setup but something else came along.

i have his map if anyone is interested in seeing how he had it setup.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:40 PM
That is really good to know about the cam removal! Thanks Kyler! Now I need 750 bones for a new ECU...Maybe in a year when the car is paid for.

Quick Reply: New Bisimoto Products!!!