ECU Tuning Questions for GE8 - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

ECU Tuning Questions for GE8

Old 02-03-2012, 12:35 AM
ECU Tuning Questions for GE8

Hey guys, I've just been reading through the fitfreak forum and there has been some mention that using bolt on mods without ECU remap would be close to useless?

I have put on a new SRI and done a full catback to my GE8.. I was wondering if ECU tuning would make much of a difference to my car's performance?

Thanks.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:23 PM
what do you plan on tuning it with??

Old 02-19-2012, 11:39 PM
5 Year Member
Tuning would definatly make a difference, however the question has already been asked...what are you going to tune with? Not sure of any differences in the Aussie-spec Fits but AFAIK our only options are reflashes if we live in Asia, or go full stand-alone (megasquirt, etc.) which is VERY involved. Of course, tuning on any engine with any mods is always well worth it as long as the tuner knows what they're doing. I would think an L15A7 with bolt-ons and a really good tune should easily be able to reach 120 wheel hp seeing as how the JDM D15B can easily make that power, if not alittle more. These engines are fairly similar.

Last edited by FIT4thetouge; 02-19-2012 at 11:41 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-20-2012, 07:30 AM
Originally Posted by myblackhatch View Post
what do you plan on tuning it with??
Originally Posted by FIT4thetouge View Post
Tuning would definatly make a difference, however the question has already been asked...what are you going to tune with? Not sure of any differences in the Aussie-spec Fits but AFAIK our only options are reflashes if we live in Asia, or go full stand-alone (megasquirt, etc.) which is VERY involved. Of course, tuning on any engine with any mods is always well worth it as long as the tuner knows what they're doing. I would think an L15A7 with bolt-ons and a really good tune should easily be able to reach 120 wheel hp seeing as how the JDM D15B can easily make that power, if not alittle more. These engines are fairly similar.
I'm planning on tuning it with dastek unichip type Q as that is the most common piggyback here in Indonesia. Do you guys think that would be a decent option? if not, what would be better?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.