Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Fit on nitrous!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 12:25 PM
you won't feel much from a 25 shot

Old 10-13-2006, 01:10 AM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Bump it up to a 75shot. You think the clutch will hold? Thats all Im worried about, the motor will take it Im sure.

Old 10-13-2006, 04:31 AM
i just took my fit out tonight on a 75 wet, dint feel much, do u guys think it could be cuz the bottle was cold, and by cold i mean cold. my car has the obx header, short ram, 2steep colder denso plugs, and spoon exhaust. also afer every time i got done spraying the car made some loud back fires but no cheek engin lights.

Old 10-13-2006, 12:41 PM
what are your Jet sizes? sounds like you got way to much of a rich mixture if you are back firing. your bottle will only be affected by the cold if its half full or near empty. two steps colder plugs are a little overkill.

Old 10-13-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
Bump it up to a 75shot. You think the clutch will hold? Thats all Im worried about, the motor will take it Im sure.
thinking about upping it but im happy with the 50 shot right now. the clutch has been holding up ok, got about 11k on the Fit already.

Old 10-13-2006, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member
My car is auto, and the NOS that I am going to buy from the 25hp is real good they are from UK, check my other post for the link.

Originally Posted by 805FitSport
you won't feel much from a 25 shot

Old 10-13-2006, 01:20 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Can somebody explain all the little details about the NOS and how it can fail.. like if its cold and half empty.. what could/would happen?! also how can you prevent it?!

Old 10-13-2006, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sLiVeRwOrM
Can somebody explain all the little details about the NOS and how it can fail.. like if its cold and half empty.. what could/would happen?! also how can you prevent it?!
don't worry too much for it the worst that can happen If you run out of NO2 supply while runing, is that you'll end running too rich, thus taking you power, worst(slower) than with the NOS system, but it won't brake anything. In the other side, dangerous for the engine would be if the wet (fuel) line fails and go with too much NO2, then that is another story.

Old 10-13-2006, 01:28 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
I have a buddy that was running a 75shot on an AerioSX and ended up blowing some seals on his pistions.. he said it show at 1000psi or something?! idk.. how can that happen?

Old 10-13-2006, 01:34 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by sLiVeRwOrM
I have a buddy that was running a 75shot on an AerioSX and ended up blowing some seals on his pistions.. he said it show at 1000psi or something?! idk.. how can that happen?
1000psi is good bottle pressure, I think 1200 is ideal. And your buddy probably blew those piston rings because he wasnt feeding enough fuel. Unless it was a dry kit, if it was a dry kit he didnt retard enough timing.

My guess is that he ran lean and causes the rings to go. However, you can run too rich and also blow out the rings. Its called washing out the cylinders. It takes a while to do it though.

i just took my fit out tonight on a 75 wet, dint feel much, do u guys think it could be cuz the bottle was cold, and by cold i mean cold. my car has the obx header, short ram, 2steep colder denso plugs, and spoon exhaust. also afer every time i got done spraying the car made some loud back fires but no cheek engin lights.
Either it was because the bottle was cold as you said, your car was probably feeding on extra fuel. Or maybe the spark is getting blown out? Check and re-gap the plugs. Get it running right man! Id like to hear results from this. Run it at the track!
PLEASE, I want legit ET traps!!!!

Last edited by Raaaaaaaaaay.; 10-13-2006 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:16 PM
a bottle warmer is a must, like MX6 said 1200 is awsome. bottle pressure makes a world of difference. ive had a nitrous silenoid go out on the Fit, it stuck open while i was squeezing, engine didn't sound right so i shut it off.... pull over and my whole CAI was frozen.

Old 10-15-2006, 10:23 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Run your car!! Hahaa. Please.

Old 10-16-2006, 02:47 AM
was going to take mine out to speed world this comming up weekend but theres an event so that means il only be getting one run, so im just going to put it in the car show and runn it some time this month.

Old 10-16-2006, 09:24 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
SpeedWorld? Interesting, thats what our track is called in FL.
Someone needs to run their Fit on nitrous. I have the kit ready, it was pulled off my dads truck. I just need different solenoids, and a Fit.

Old 10-18-2006, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member
Talking

heres the mess of wires that i need to tuck in somewere or redue, but you can see the arming switch, happy button and the bottle line.
I know where you should put your "Happy Button".

I found it on eBay of course from here http://stores.ebay.com/Streetflame_S...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

No, I don't have nitrous on my Fit but I just couldn't resist the shifter knob with the concealed button. Maybe someday I'll be able to afford the nitrous setup once the Fits warranty runs out and I learn more about using nitrous.

For now I'll find something else to use the button for.

Old 10-18-2006, 06:45 PM
a bottle warmer is a must, like MX6 said 1200 is awsome. bottle pressure makes a world of difference. ive had a nitrous silenoid go out on the Fit, it stuck open while i was squeezing, engine didn't sound right so i shut it off.... pull over and my whole CAI was frozen.
lol the same thing happened to me. when I called NOS to buy a new solenoid, they told me they had a rebuild kit for it and this happens all the time.

I had no bottle warmer at the time.. maybe pressure was too high

Old 10-18-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by 2hot6ft2
I know where you should put your "Happy Button".

I found it on eBay of course from here http://stores.ebay.com/Streetflame_S...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

No, I don't have nitrous on my Fit but I just couldn't resist the shifter knob with the concealed button. Maybe someday I'll be able to afford the nitrous setup once the Fits warranty runs out and I learn more about using nitrous.

For now I'll find something else to use the button for.
I like my NOS switch on the throttle(during WOT) with a main flip ON/OFF switch. It's much easier this way, less thing to worry about when you are hauling ass.. instead like most street racing movies portrait it(hold down a button to spary, retarded IMO)

Last edited by outlawhonda; 10-18-2006 at 06:56 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by outlawhonda
I like my NOS switch on the throttle(during WOT) with a main flip ON/OFF switch. It's much easier this way, less thing to worry about when you are hauling ass.. instead like most street racing movies portrait it(hold down a button to spary, retarded IMO)
Never even seen a NOS setup and know even less about setting one up so the only thing I had to go by was all the wires and the button he had lying in the floorboard. As opposed to a loose button switch lying in the floor I would think the shifter switch would be better.

Like I said I don't have NOS so it's just a novelty item to me. It comes with different labels so it could just as well say "Eject". Kinda make the passenger wonder when I flip it open and go to hit the button whatever label I put on it.

One of these days maybe I'll find some people that are into NOS and I'll get an education. Until then all I can say is "duh, ok, if you say so".

Old 10-18-2006, 07:48 PM
Father of the Wasteland
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2hot6ft2
Never even seen a NOS setup and know even less about setting one up so the only thing I had to go by was all the wires and the button he had lying in the floorboard. As opposed to a loose button switch lying in the floor I would think the shifter switch would be better.

Like I said I don't have NOS so it's just a novelty item to me. It comes with different labels so it could just as well say "Eject". Kinda make the passenger wonder when I flip it open and go to hit the button whatever label I put on it.

One of these days maybe I'll find some people that are into NOS and I'll get an education. Until then all I can say is "duh, ok, if you say so".
Throttle as in connected to the intake Manifold. not the pedel

Old 10-18-2006, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Ricepuddin
Throttle as in connected to the intake Manifold. not the pedel
Thanks for clairifying that. I was wondering how it would connect to the pedal without getting in the way. I'm clueless on NOS setups.

Quick Reply: Fit on nitrous!