Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Fit on nitrous!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 01:10 PM
5 Year Member
Told you it would be cheaper to just buy the book. Can't beat $10 delivered. You'll like it. Very informative.

Old 12-03-2006, 04:14 PM
5 Year Member
Are you going to buy their kit.

Originally Posted by 2hot6ft2
Told you it would be cheaper to just buy the book. Can't beat $10 delivered. You'll like it. Very informative.

Old 02-24-2007, 05:17 PM
5 Year Member
im thinkin of puttin a NOS kit on my Jazz, i got a 1.4 idsi A/T, probably a NOS Express, do u think my tranny will hold on a 50shot?

Old 02-25-2007, 02:01 AM
5 Year Member
Yes it will hold 50shot. I have already bought a kit, and I will start first with 25shot and go up. Are you going to order from abroad.

Originally Posted by azkikersfit
im thinkin of puttin a NOS kit on my Jazz, i got a 1.4 idsi A/T, probably a NOS Express, do u think my tranny will hold on a 50shot?

Old 02-25-2007, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
No im gonna gettin it locally they have a dealer for NOS Express here, so i just wanna know wat i need to do and wat i need to know, before i install it

Old 02-26-2007, 02:58 AM
5 Year Member
I think you will need to use colder plugs. Also buy heater that will make the pressure higher, so you will have better performance.

Originally Posted by azkikersfit
No im gonna gettin it locally they have a dealer for NOS Express here, so i just wanna know wat i need to do and wat i need to know, before i install it

Old 03-03-2007, 02:49 PM
Anybody using NOS on CVT? How is it?

Old 03-06-2007, 02:37 AM
5 Year Member
Any update on NOS in Fit.

Old 03-09-2007, 07:43 PM
5 Year Member
Talking The Book That Has It All

I just read the book and it has real good information about NOS. Trev the owner of Wizards of NOS and writer of the book explains a lot about NOS. I suggest people to buy the book if they are interested in NOS. I also suggest to go to video clips section in his site and check the Jag with NOS that beats very fast cars. I love this clip so much and everytime I watch it, it makes laugh.

Originally Posted by 2hot6ft2

Old 03-17-2007, 12:20 PM
5 Year Member
So is 1200 best pressure.

Originally Posted by 805FitSport
a bottle warmer is a must, like MX6 said 1200 is awsome. bottle pressure makes a world of difference. ive had a nitrous silenoid go out on the Fit, it stuck open while i was squeezing, engine didn't sound right so i shut it off.... pull over and my whole CAI was frozen.

Old 10-27-2014, 03:21 AM
5 Year Member
**Zombie Resurrection**

There was a LOT of excitement in this thread 7-8yrs ago. Has anyone else ventured out and did a nitrous setup on their Fit? Wet or Dry? What 1/4 mile times have you gotten?

This was a very pleasant read. I'm considering getting something pieced together since I'm out of N/A modification ideas at the moment and tuning is not an option. I have plenty extra bottles. May as well call around tomorrow and get this moving. And yes, the CVT would be a concern. Already researching a lot more into that as well.

B.S. predictions are telling me a 14.6 1/4 mile with a 35hp shot, 14.2 1/4 mile with a 50hp shot and 13.8's with a 75hp shot. Now THIS is funny.

If I do get a kit, I'll be running a wet shot and one step colder plugs then stock (If going over a 50hp shot jet). 92-93 octane of course. Nothing I can do with timing advance at the moment.

Links for reference later!
Zex Wet Nitrous Kit
DynoTune Nitrous

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 10-27-2014 at 10:49 AM.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:28 AM
I've toyed with this idea for years, in for resurrection.

Zex has a "kit" for the Fit but i'm sure it's nothing you couldn't put together piecemeal.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
I've toyed with this idea for years, in for resurrection.

Zex has a "kit" for the Fit but i'm sure it's nothing you couldn't put together piecemeal.
Awesome! I didn't realize this. Thanks!

Zex Wet Nitrous Kit

I've sent them an email and am awaiting their reply. Only concern is of the fuel supply since I've read direct injected engines have very high fuel pressures.

Trying to reach username Lyon[Nightroad] on his impression of nitrous as well. And a couple others that had it installed here. Really interested in before/after 1/4 mile trap speed (and time but not as important).

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 10-27-2014 at 11:28 AM.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:38 AM
5 Year Member
**Quick Update**

Zex's reply to the email I sent them.

I think your engine is direct injection. the fuel pressure is to high to use a wet kit. Defiantly look at the dry kits for your car. Do a bit of research.... the dry and be pulled off easy for warranty as well

Let us know if you have any other questions!
Cheers
Dan
DynoTune - DynoTune-Nitrous systems, Purge kits, Nitrous Bottle heaters and more!
So my concern was confirmed about the fuel pressure and hooking it up to their purple box. *sigh*

On the flip side, my concern for a dry kit is that it usually relies on the fuel pressure to be bumped up through the fuel injectors. You ain't bumping fuel pressure up on an already high pressure system. Wouldn't know how if you could.

I have some more homework to do on this one. Gonna look at how nitrous is added to other direct injected applications (If it is). Your input is valued!

Here's my original email to Zex. I thought I asked them about the fuel pressure issue but that was my email to DynoTune Nitrous -->
Subject: 2015 Honda Fit LX Wet Nitrous, Dyno Tune Contact Us

Message: I'm considering going with a wet nitrous kit. Would you know if your wet nitrous kit would work my application? I'm only interested in wet. I've had good success with dry though. Only looking for 35hp shot, upwards to 75hp max. No more! Thanks!

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 10-27-2014 at 11:41 AM.
Old 10-27-2014, 03:12 PM
5 Year Member
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...pressions.html

This was on a GE... and I'll say this much... he eventually went through 2 engine swap/rebuilds.

Old 10-27-2014, 03:35 PM
That was from the turbo though wasn't it?

One blew around 18psi, I wasn't aware of the second motor

Old 10-27-2014, 05:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
That was from the turbo though wasn't it?

One blew around 18psi, I wasn't aware of the second motor
That was the second motor... he bent a rod and then pieced parts from the original and second engine for the rebuild.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...-rod-pics.html

I think he blew a head gasket in the first motor due to a little too much happy gas... though he only found out later, after removing the nitrous oxide system..

Old 10-28-2014, 12:27 PM
Got it, thanks for the clarification.

It's fun going back to read through those old threads, lots of good information.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
That was the second motor... he bent a rod and then pieced parts from the original and second engine for the rebuild.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...-rod-pics.html

I think he blew a head gasket in the first motor due to a little too much happy gas... though he only found out later, after removing the nitrous oxide system..
I just searched a majority of his threads for this information and could not find it. Here is what I found though and this was before he did his turbo build and before removing his nitrous.

At first he said this -->
Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]
Current engine is dying. Best case scenario: rings are fried. Worst case scenario: Pin hole in the piston. Tons of blow-by is geting into the crankcase and exiting out the breather filter. Luckily L15A7s are practially given away for free. Easier to buy a new motor, toss it in, and let the other one sit on an engine stand until there are internals available to upgrade. Of course there is still a slim chance it could be something trivial causing the white smoke to pour out the breather since I haven't done a leakdown test yet. I'm preparing myself for the worst though.

Then he said this later in the thread -->
Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]
WOOT!! Don't need a new engine! Pulled the plugs and one was fouled. Also my breather filter was soaked in oil probably causing crankcase pressure to increase enough in conjuction with the fouled plug to cause the smoke. Damn Honda engines never die. I was looking forward to having an extra engine to tinker with though.

The nice thing about being a pessismist is that you are always happy when you are wrong. I think I'm going to take out the nitrous for a while though and go back to audio mode.
So no problems with his nitrous from what I can see. I do like the fact that he was using an auto (I'm an auto junkie) and that it seems on a 55hp shot, he was right where I'm at now. I'm dying to find out what I could do on a 55hp shot, let alone a 75hp shot (max). Baby steps! The compression ratio of 11:5 is no joke. Too bad he went with a Focus ST. I'm very interested in his feedback. He was last on a month ago or so.

As for this direct injection setup, I've been searching all over the net with no confirmation on anyone that has been using this with direct injection. I'd feel safer with a wet kit. Apparently, direct injection setups have two pumps. A 'normal' pump that pumps to the high pressure pump, which pumps to the injectors via high pressure lines. Maybe there is a way to tap the first pump that is not high pressure, without impacting the pressure it is sending to the high pressure pump. Research!!

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 10-28-2014 at 09:15 PM.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member
My experiences with NOS is about 10 years ago at least. I ran it in my SOHC nonVtec civic. Best times I even ran on an 80 shot was I believe in the high 13's like 13.8-13.9. Being the D16's have a better head then the L15 and a better weight I don't see 13.8 on a 75 shot. Hell I could be wrong. One thing I will say is wet NOS is better then dry. I learned that the hard way.

Quick Reply: Fit on nitrous!