Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Fit on nitrous!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 09:26 PM
5 Year Member
Mxyal, we seem to be on the same automotive wavelength lol. Is the direct injection only on the GKs?

I'm thinking of the Zex kit for my GD3. Want to run it safely tho!

Old 07-25-2015, 10:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by devmail
Mxyal, we seem to be on the same automotive wavelength lol. Is the direct injection only on the GKs?

What are you planning to do with the car that you want to run the juice?

Old 07-25-2015, 11:39 AM
5 Year Member
Just for the occasional drag track visits. When the time comes for an engine rebuild, maybe a set of forged pistons and rods to go along with a bigger shot.

Old 07-25-2015, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
Just for the occasional drag track visits. When the time comes for an engine rebuild, maybe a set of forged pistons and rods to go along with a bigger shot.
Be careful. NOS is fun. I've used it on many vehicles in the past with NA to turbo engines from 60-150hp shots. Yes it can be done safety on stock set-ups but there is a price to pay eventually.

Knowing what I know now I wouldn't use NOS on my Fit. The use wouldn't be worth the end result to me. To shave off a second on the 1/4 mile isn't worth the end result of damage it will lead too. Building an NA motor would be great in what it will do too without the bottle. Again this is just my 2 cents and I think everyone should do what they want to in the ned to have fun. Also i'd get a purge valve if you haven't already. It will help empty the air in the lines and puts on a nice little show if you like. When I use to street race like 15 years ago I would purge out into my radiator to cool the fluids. I also hid the kit VERY well to hassle people in thinking i was completely NA on a SOHC civic.

Old 07-25-2015, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member

There are many cars with direct injection. At the time I was looking, I could not find any that were using nitrous. This is even on sports cars (Ex: Corvettes) that had direction injection. All the forums I was reading either said they knew of no-one that was doing it or that they heard that their friends-brother-sister-n-law's nephew used it but no documentation or data.

All I was looking for is a 50hp shot. I'm confident it'd scoot the Fit into the low 14 second range at about 95-97mph trap speeds. If lucky with moderate grip and a tailwind, a high 13 second time would be in order.

I've had great experiences with nitrous. I've said it before but ran it on my 1997 Impreza for years, while it was turbocharged on a stock engine. I bought the car in 1996 and I STILL have it. It's still turbocharged (bigger turbo but still 5psi) and still has a 60 shot of nitrous on it. Haven't used the nitrous for years though and I hardly ever drive it but that's not the point. Don't get power hungry and crazy. Just so you know I'm not bullshi**ing you, here's an old video of my Subaru Impreza on Motorweek -->
I'm the black guy at 5:35 with my Impreza. That was back in 2001 (Just before WRXs were coming into the United States). I still have the car. And there was NOTHING out for the Impreza either really. Purchased the kit from a shop in Canada and took chances with the nitrous. Even the Remus muffler was from Britain. The only time I notice any nitrous issues is when I was using a 70hp dry shot with the turbo on a dragstrip at Maple Grove Raceway in Pennsylvania. It was over 90F and I was smelling a 'burning metal' smell from the engine. Who does stupid stuff like this anyways? **Don't answer that ** I know...I'm showing my age now.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 07-25-2015 at 10:25 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
Well I'll be damned! I think I found a solution to where the GK5 can get fuel from for a wet nitrous kit if one were to be installed. Since our cars are direct injected, I could not see anywhere to tap into the line since it is a high pressure.

Then I saw this ---> External fuel tank with pump.

Problem solved! Gonna ask around to see how I can get this setup. A 60hp shot of wet nitrous (Max no more than 75) is what I'm looking for. Maybe the short break from modding was all I needed.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the info guys! I don't have the kit yet but it's in the plan for now. I'm waiting for my Strup header to add another bung for wideband O2 and AF gauge. We will see how lean it is from the factory. I was planning on getting the weapon r race header but right now I think I would enjoy a nitrous kit for a little more. I couldn't argue with the Strup since it's a DC copy and $173 CAD to my door.

I do plan on doing this the right way: wideband, AF gauge, purge, bottle heater, fuel pressure safety switch, blow-down tube, window switch. Eventually Hondata. I wouldn't run more than a 75 wet shot and this would not be a daily thing. The odd time at the track, therefore it shouldn't cost me too much. If the funds allow down the road, forged internals, more fuel and a bigger shot for those track days. But like I said most of the time I'll be driving with an empty bottle.

Old 08-02-2015, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the info guys! I don't have the kit yet but it's in the plan for now. I'm waiting for my Strup header to add another bung for wideband O2 and AF gauge. We will see how lean it is from the factory. I was planning on getting the weapon r race header but right now I think I would enjoy a nitrous kit for a little more. I couldn't argue with the Strup since it's a DC copy and $173 CAD to my door.

I do plan on doing this the right way: wideband, AF gauge, purge, bottle heater, fuel pressure safety switch, blow-down tube, window switch. Eventually Hondata. I wouldn't run more than a 75 wet shot and this would not be a daily thing. The odd time at the track, therefore it shouldn't cost me too much. If the funds allow down the road, forged internals, more fuel and a bigger shot for those track days. But like I said most of the time I'll be driving with an empty bottle.
I can't wait!

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 08-02-2015 at 11:54 PM.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:38 PM
5 Year Member
For anyone thinking about this there are some cheaper kits from 2 companies Cold Fusion and Dyno Tune nitrous. Both have great feedback and Dyno Tune makes all their stuff in the US and sells direct.

Old 08-06-2015, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
For anyone thinking about this there are some cheaper kits from 2 companies Cold Fusion and Dyno Tune nitrous. Both have great feedback and Dyno Tune makes all their stuff in the US and sells direct.

DYNO TUNE NITROUS

Hrrmm....good stuff! Thanks for the info. I can even get a bottleless kit from them (Which Zex and Nitrous Express will not let me do). I already have three bottles and don't need anymore. Man.....the juices are flowing now (Pun intended).

The wet kits though come with a bottle. Even still! Kit #624 is a Win-Win. Posted link to get later. I may be ordering that very soon. Just taking care of some financial matters (401k rollover and grown-up bullshi*). Then.....it's ON!

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 08-06-2015 at 03:49 PM.
Old 09-12-2015, 06:51 PM
i put my ge8 on nitrous

I put a wet 50 shot on my ge8. It does pull pretty good. I took out a gsr, ls, b20. And a h series. Did pretty good for a wet 50 shot.

Old 09-12-2015, 07:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by thumpz408
I put a wet 50 shot on my ge8. It does pull pretty good. I took out a gsr, ls, b20. And a h series. Did pretty good for a wet 50 shot.

Nice! What is your setup? What brand kit etc?

I think the biggest con of running nitrous for me is here in eastern Canada it's $150 to fill a 10 lbs bottle, pure robbery.

Old 09-14-2015, 06:09 AM
5 Year Member

I think the biggest con of running nitrous for me is here in eastern Canada it's $150 to fill a 10 lbs bottle, pure robbery.
Wow! That sucks! It was only $40 last I checked but that was years ago. I doubt it would be over $50 now.

Old 09-21-2015, 09:28 PM

Its a nos wet kit, its 50 shot.and all i have is a after market air intake, and i changed the sparkplugs to nitrous ones

Old 09-22-2015, 10:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by thumpz408
Its a nos wet kit, its 50 shot.and all i have is a after market air intake, and i changed the sparkplugs to nitrous ones
When you say you changed the spark plugs to nitrous ones, do you mean the spark plugs were changed to ones that are one step colder than stock? Just want to be sure so no-one gets it confused.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member

I will also highly recommend this book. Very thorough! As it stands right now I plan on getting an NX Proton Plus Kit from Amazon when funds allow. Best price I've found so far anywhere ($550 CAD, free shipping). <br/><br/>I figure nitrous first, then Hondata so I only have to tune once.

Attached Thumbnails Fit on nitrous!-80-image_e2477832eed30d8185bce93238148bf665ef593e.jpeg  
Old 11-18-2015, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
We family! We are on the same paths so you know it wouldn't be right for you to go into this alone.

Is this the kit you are getting -->
NX Proton Plus Kit NX Proton Plus Kit

The price seems reasonable. Any particular reason you going with this? As a form of camaraderie, I'll get the same kit as you will. I'll just consider it a personal xmas present.
I'll be getting the pressure gauge, blow down tube and bottle warmer. I don't need a purge really. Never used one in my other cars. And I really don't need another bottle as I already have three (Zex, NOS and Nitrous Express)

Old 11-19-2015, 06:38 AM
5 Year Member
LOL! That's it, 80421-10. Main reason is price, it's $550 CAD from Amazon itself (not the other sellers, although it's currently out of stock). Second reason is quality. Third is NX rate their jets as a WHP increase, not flywheel. Look at this link: http://www.superstreetonline.com/how-to/engine/0203ht-2001-honda-civic-ex-coupe-nitrous-express/ 60 whp and 100 ft lbs on a 50 shot!

I was originally going with the Fit zex kit or a universal dyno tune kit. But Zex is $$ and Dynotune would be too after duty. The one advantage of Dynotune is the price of their accessories, their bottle heater and remote nitrous pressure gauge for example seemssuperior and cheaper. So it may be cheaper to go with that company if their stuff is compatible (remote bottle opener is not).

One thing I'll definitely get is a window switch to avoid spraying n2o is bouncing off the rev limiter and a fuel pressure safety switch to shut it down if fuel is inadequate. And then the usual: warmer, blow down, purge, remote nitrous pressure gauge.

Old 11-19-2015, 06:50 AM
5 Year Member
Also, the fuel rail adapter from the Honda Fit Zex kit to avoid cutting my fuel line. http://www.zex.com/zx/5-16-sae-tube-...apter-kithtml/

NX makes something similar but does not include the plastic barb part from my understanding.

This is the window switch I am thinking of getting: http://www.summitracing.com/int/part...2nos/overview/

This is why I am not ordering the proton plus fly-by-wire kit that includes a sensor for the drive-by-wire throttle body. Since I'll need a window switch anyway, this will (hopefully) cover both jobs, plus provide a handy shift light or other function.

Last edited by devmail; 11-19-2015 at 08:59 AM.
Old 11-27-2015, 10:32 AM
5 Year Member
This is just random thoughts but the fact that the intake manifold on the GD (and GE i think) is 2 piece would allow the installation of an easy direct port nitrous plate between the 2 pieces...if some company would make one.

Quick Reply: Fit on nitrous!