Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Fit on nitrous!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 08:07 PM
Father of the Wasteland
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2hot6ft2
Thanks for clairifying that. I was wondering how it would connect to the pedal without getting in the way. I'm clueless on NOS setups.
NP. that button think is cool. i wnat it for my quad mount .50call thats gonna pop out of the fit j/k

Old 10-18-2006, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Ricepuddin
NP. that button think is cool. i wnat it for my quad mount .50call thats gonna pop out of the fit j/k
LMAO, you want that 50 cal. mod too. Thought it was just me. j/k2. Maybe a caltrop drop instead. Still j/k.

Old 10-18-2006, 08:27 PM
Father of the Wasteland
5 Year Member
lol its for the shitty drivers around here.... but i was only joking about the button... lol im hooking up the CROWS system for my passanger to have fun.

http://www.defendamerica.mil/article...062005la4.html

Old 10-18-2006, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
Daaaaammmnnn. Going all out I see.

Think I'll just get off the road and let you pass. WAY, WAY off the road. You wont need lowering springs with all that but you may need the NOS to get it moving.

Old 10-18-2006, 08:52 PM
Father of the Wasteland
5 Year Member
Taken the V6 out of my CL-S

Old 10-19-2006, 12:51 PM
i personally like the button, but its really nice and safer when its connected to the gas pedal... i installed a ZEX kit on a RSX type S and it got its wide open throttle through the TPS voltage wire.

Old 10-24-2006, 06:31 PM
5 Year Member
A WOT activation on the throttle body makes sense from what little I know about it (which is pretty much what I've read in this thread). The TPS wire explains how you're tapping into it since there's no linkage like on the old carburators.

I thought about getting the book "Nitrous-Oxide:- How to Install & Use" to educate myself some. It seems to be a popular book on the subject but the book was published 10 years ago in 1996. Surely some things have changed since then.

Are there any more current books on the subject that would be applicable to the more modern vehicles and systems ? Or is it all pretty basic, based on what that book contains ?

I'm curious about it, and would like to learn more about it. But I would hate to start out learning about it from outdated info.

Thanks, I'm learning a little at a time.

Old 10-24-2006, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gsilvers
I have my old zex kit sitting somewhere if you guys want me to put it in I'll take some pix of how to hook it up.. Not going to run it on the sispot clutch in our car.
I would like to see that. Is it much work to set it up ?

Old 10-25-2006, 03:57 AM
5 Year Member
book

Go to amazon and there is a book called The Nitrous Oxide High Performance Manual by Trevor, he is consider one of the best people that knows about NOS, you can check his site www.noswizard.com that's in UK, and he has agent in US (Denny) www.racetested.com both are very helpful guys.

A WOT activation on the throttle body makes sense from what little I know about it (which is pretty much what I've read in this thread). The TPS wire explains how you're tapping into it since there's no linkage like on the old carburators.

I thought about getting the book "Nitrous-Oxide:- How to Install & Use" to educate myself some. It seems to be a popular book on the subject but the book was published 10 years ago in 1996. Surely some things have changed since then.

Are there any more current books on the subject that would be applicable to the more modern vehicles and systems ? Or is it all pretty basic, based on what that book contains ?

I'm curious about it, and would like to learn more about it. But I would hate to start out learning about it from outdated info.

Thanks, I'm learning a little at a time.

Old 10-25-2006, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kimo
Go to amazon and there is a book called The Nitrous Oxide High Performance Manual by Trevor, he is consider one of the best people that knows about NOS, you can check his site www.noswizard.com that's in UK, and he has agent in US (Denny) www.racetested.com both are very helpful guys.
Thank you. That's a lot more like it, published April 22, 2006. I ordered it. And I'll add those links to my favorites so I can research them when I get a few minutes here and there to read more on it.

Everyday you learn something new, it was a good day.

Last edited by 2hot6ft2; 10-25-2006 at 04:45 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:28 AM
5 Year Member
Cool tell me what do you think of the book once you read it.

Thank you. That's a lot more like it, published April 22, 2006. I ordered it. And I'll add those links to my favorites so I can research them when I get a few minutes here and there to read more on it.

Everyday you learn something new, it was a good day.

Old 10-30-2006, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Cool tell me what do you think of the book once you read it.
Will do. Went and watched some dragracing Sunday. Pro Mods and the like. ALL on the bottle. Pretty cool, them suckers really scream.

Old 11-04-2006, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
Did you get the book yet.

Will do. Went and watched some dragracing Sunday. Pro Mods and the like. ALL on the bottle. Pretty cool, them suckers really scream.

Old 11-04-2006, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up Good book on Nitrous

Did you get the book yet.
Yes, so far I've made it thru the first 2 chapters while on breaks at work. Brought it home so I can read more. Had to work today so haven't had a chance yet.

Excellent book so far. Just what I was looking for. It's very well explained and he seems to cover it very well. Just about the time I start thinking why or why not on something he starts explaining just what I had questions about. Sure does a good job making the (WON) system look like the best system too.

Thank you. I'll let you know when I've covered some more of it.

Old 11-05-2006, 02:04 AM
5 Year Member
Yes WON are the best. Go check their site and you will know why. Btw they have an agent in US and where you can buy from them and they are very helpfull. Many world record race has been done with WON and Trev the owner knows what he is doing, before making it for business it was his hobby. Check his site at the videos section and check the Jag that beat so many fast cars, and hell it was one old rusty beaten up Jag
www.noswizard.com

Yes, so far I've made it thru the first 2 chapters while on breaks at work. Brought it home so I can read more. Had to work today so haven't had a chance yet.

Excellent book so far. Just what I was looking for. It's very well explained and he seems to cover it very well. Just about the time I start thinking why or why not on something he starts explaining just what I had questions about. Sure does a good job making the (WON) system look like the best system too.

Thank you. I'll let you know when I've covered some more of it.

Old 11-05-2006, 10:05 AM
5 Year Member
Yes, he tells all about his history with NOS in the book and shows one of the old cars he used to beat everyone with. I'll check the videos later got plans today.

Old 11-25-2006, 04:06 PM
5 Year Member
Have you seen the videos.

Yes, he tells all about his history with NOS in the book and shows one of the old cars he used to beat everyone with. I'll check the videos later got plans today.

Old 11-25-2006, 05:34 PM
5 Year Member
Have you seen the videos.
Just watched them... The Jag is bad. How about the twin engine Mini Cooper too funny.

Watched the pro mods on NOS a couple weeks ago at the dragway, even raced a couple NOS racers with the Fit... needless to say the Fit lost.

Did you get the book yet?

Old 11-26-2006, 04:00 AM
5 Year Member
Not yet I will order it soon.

Just watched them... The Jag is bad. How about the twin engine Mini Cooper too funny.

Watched the pro mods on NOS a couple weeks ago at the dragway, even raced a couple NOS racers with the Fit... needless to say the Fit lost.

Old 12-03-2006, 11:57 AM
5 Year Member
Have ordered the book as my brother is coming to Egypt he will bring it with him, cost me $10 with shipping from the same place that you bought yours. Might order the kit as well.

Quick Reply: Fit on nitrous!