Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Jackson Racing please....

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 06:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by OscarJr@JacksonRacing
Wave,

I will get pics ASAP.

azkikersfit,

We will offer an intercooler upgrade package, for those who need the ultimate setup.

-Oscar Jr.
Sweet! Standing by...

Intercooler Upgrade? Hmmmn...

Old 12-04-2006, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
The intercooler sounds good to me too.

I would also like to see a pic of the s/c as it looks when looking in the engine compartment to see the final placement of the air filter with the s/c setup.

Old 12-04-2006, 07:22 PM
Father of the Wasteland
5 Year Member
How drastically does an intercooler effect the gains on a supercharger

Old 12-04-2006, 09:18 PM
Wave,

I will get pics ASAP.

azkikersfit,

We will offer an intercooler upgrade package, for those who need the ultimate setup.

-Oscar Jr.
Do we have enough space for mounting both the oil cooler for s/c and the intercooler at the same time? As I see most people having problem when they have the turbo installed, since there is not enough space to have the oil cooler and intercooler mounted in front of the radiator? I hope that JR will put this into consideration as well!

In addition, I hope that Oscar could have an international version (10 psi) launch a.s.a.p. (Drive-by-cable throttle version!) or let us know the possible day or schedule!

Best regards,
Francke

Old 12-04-2006, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2hot6ft2
I would also like to see a pic of the s/c as it looks when looking in the engine compartment to see the final placement of the air filter with the s/c setup.
This pic was posted way back on page 3 of this thread

Looks to me(I'm just guessing based on the pic above!!!), like the air intake filter will be behind the driverside foglight kind of like the FUJITA brand CAI I used to have.

Old 12-05-2006, 11:56 AM
FRESH NEWS!
The Fit is in a big push to be completed for this weekend's SpeedVentures Track Day event. We will be testing intercooler track setups. Come on out and enjoy! Fit (if completed) and Spec Miata rides will be available.

If you are interested in driving your Fit on track as well, please contact SpeedVentures to sign up! Be sure to mention Jackson Racing.

PM me if you plan on attending.

Ricepuddin-
Intercooler is in testing stages.

China FIT-
The Rotrex does not require a big oil cooler. Remember, it may look like a turbo, but we do not create the tremendous amount of heat. Also, we do not use engine oil, we use Rotrex oil.

Wave-
The air filter on the standard kit is in front of the battery. We will offer a Cold Air Intake package for the supercharger, for those of us without harse winters.

-Oscar Jr.

Old 12-05-2006, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
Wave-
The air filter on the standard kit is in front of the battery. We will offer a Cold Air Intake package for the supercharger, for those of us without harse winters.

-Oscar Jr.
C'mon now it's only 32 degrees F here in NY without the windchill!

Where will the Cold Air Intake package be located in the Fit engine bay? If the snow gets that deep I'm pulling out my 03 Supercharged Nissan Xterra anyhow!

Is that intercooler going to be offered for both the 5 PSI and 10 PSI kit?

Old 12-05-2006, 02:48 PM
Just curious and this is unrelated to the supercharger setup, but I was reading in one of the magazines recently about the most influential people in the import business. Of course, it mentioned JR and when asked about future plans, you guys seemed pretty stoked about the Fit. Just curious where the renewed energy came from? You guys have been on like a 3 year hiatus and while Moss is cool, I was really waiting for the real Jackson Racing to come back and do something special. Just wanted to say thanks for the hard work and dedication. Now if I could just choose between a K20, JRSC or K20a3/JRSC (*evil laugh*) I'd be all set.

Old 12-05-2006, 06:21 PM
5 Year Member
Wave,

I've seen that pic and once it goes under the engine there's no way to tell where it goes. The piping on the flywheel side goes both up and out like it would go behind the fog light and up to the manifold. There's no apparent connection to the intake for the s/c pipe under the engine.

That's why I would like to see it from the OTHER SIDE of the engine which is what you would see when you open the hood.

Oscar Jr. just said that it is in front of the battery which is where I figured it would be.

I'm in the Southeast and it rains too much to have it way down behind the fog light. The filter would get wet.

Personally I would like the filter to be in the same place that I have mine now. It just makes sense for several reasons. It's high and dry, can be shielded from engine heat and made to pull air from the fender with my heat-shield in Summer. In cold weather the heat-shield can be removed and it can pull warm air from the engine compartment. Pic below.

I would also like to take this opportunity to ask Oscar Jr. what he thinks of this idea:
Using the above setup for the intake air. Coating the intake tubing leading from the air filter to the s/c itself with Color Guard TBC from http://www.techlinecoatings.com/Exhaust.htm and the tubing from the s/c to the manifold with a Thermal Dispersant coating similar to that used on brakes.

My thinking behind this is that it would keep the air coming into the s/c cool and would help to dissipate the heat after the s/c created by increasing the pressure. Naturally it would be even better with an inter-cooler.

So what do you think Oscar Jr.?
And thanks I'm putting the money back to get a s/c.

Old 12-06-2006, 09:25 AM
The piping filter runs from the from CAI location, under the engine and up the back to the compressor. The filter could probably be located in the SRI location but the piping for the kit will probably be designed like the one in the pic. You just have to imagine the motor in the rendering.

i realize how to view this image. Everything is in the right place but rotate the upper tubing 90ish degrees counterclockwise and imagine the filter tubing running more parallel to the compressor away from you and it makes sense.

I made this rough image of what I think its layout roughly looks like. I know I used a 1.3L and its an ugly photoshop, but I am looking for answers and some real pics so I apoligize in advance for mis-representing what the kit may look like, but I hope some this makes sense and the real pics are on the way.

Last edited by jits14; 12-06-2006 at 09:53 AM.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member
Interesting, but Oscar Jr. already said that the intake is in front of the battery. Guess we just have to wait for a pic of the actual install. Nice use of photoshop none the less.

Old 12-07-2006, 06:24 PM
The rendering has pieces misplaced. The kits will come with a filter that is in front of the battery. The rendering has the CAI option.

All tubing in the kits will be ceramic coated.

-Oscar Jr.

Last edited by OscarJr@JacksonRacing; 12-07-2006 at 06:32 PM.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
The rendering has pieces misplaced. The kits will come with a filter that is in front of the battery. The rendering has the CAI option.

All tubing in the kits will be ceramic coated.

-Oscar Jr.
I knew you said something about the rendering not being accurate but didn't have the time to go back and look for it.

I'm glad you opted for in front of the battery for the filter placement. It just makes sense for too many reasons.

Ceramic coated, sweet! That settles that on the (TBC) between the air filter and the s/c.

Any idea what the inter-cooler will cost yet?

Thanks Oscar Jr.

Old 12-07-2006, 11:14 PM
Oscar Jr. Pls don't forget to post some nice pics of the real product looks like on the FIT after this weekend!

I am waiting to see the real stuff then I am going to order it for my FIT!

In addition, I hope that the intercooler is ready as well, since it could save me some $ for shipping the complete kit from US to Hong Kong then China!

The only sad thing is that 10psi is not fit for Drive-by-cable throttle version, so the only option for me is to order the 5psi one!

Old 12-11-2006, 06:41 AM
5 Year Member
Any updates from this weekend?

Old 12-11-2006, 02:50 PM
Wave,

We had a good weekend! We went to Big Willow instead of Streets, and did final NA testing on Miatas. We are about mid way testing the NA S2000s. Also, we ran Falken Azenis street tires on the S, and they were amazing. Highly recommend the Falken Azenis! All in all, it was a fun weekend.

Now back to work! We are finishing up Fit MT for release.

-Oscar Jr.

--Be sure to check out myspace.com/jacksonracingusa for new video updates soon!

Old 12-11-2006, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member
How about the Fit AT?

Old 12-12-2006, 03:54 AM
Originally Posted by Wave
How about the Fit AT?
Yeah! any info on the AT?

Old 12-12-2006, 08:04 AM
ZZzzZZzzzZZZz I have checked myspace but still not see any pics for the last event!

Post some pics to show how the sc fits in the FIT! Plsssssssss!

Old 12-18-2006, 04:56 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
The preorder has started already. Check their myspace for the # or their site.

Quick Reply: Jackson Racing please....