Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Jackson Racing please....

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by OscarJr@JacksonRacing
Jackson Racing built its reputation for building turn-key reliable supercharger kits, all without the use of an intercooler.

Yes, it is safe to run without an intercooler, especially with the new Rotrex unit. Obviously, cool air is what everyone wants going into their engine, and so we will have an intercooler option. But the intercooler is not a necessity. We have not yet ran an intercooler at any track events, se we could prove the kit reliability without the use intercooling.

This last summer we had our 10 PSI kit non-intercooled, to see the how well the Rotrex worked in the heat. Our Fit kit, at a constant 4000 RPM load on the dyno in over 100F degree outside temperatures, saw IAT sensor temps of 150F degrees. That is extremely good!
For a reference, a typical Eaton Roots unit at 10 PSI would be hovering near 300F temperature; on a normal day!

So to answer your question, forced induction does not always mean an intercooler is necessary.

-Oscar Jr.
some nitrous will bring those temps down J/P good work Oscar.

Old 02-27-2007, 03:24 PM
5 Year Member
SC warranty?

Does Jackson Racing provide a warranty for their SC kit? I checked on their website, but could not find anything. If so, what exactly does it cover? I mean, if after installing the SC kit on a Fit and a few days later the engine blows am I just $hit out of luck?

Old 02-27-2007, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by Cornerstrike
Does Jackson Racing provide a warranty for their SC kit? I checked on their website, but could not find anything. If so, what exactly does it cover? I mean, if after installing the SC kit on a Fit and a few days later the engine blows am I just $hit out of luck?
The Jackson Racing kit, as well as the Rotrex supercharger, come with a 2 year limited warranty. More information regarding the warranty will be available shortly.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
The Jackson Racing kit, as well as the Rotrex supercharger, come with a 2 year limited warranty. More information regarding the warranty will be available shortly.
Thanks. I really want to know what the warranty covers and what it does not cover. That would be great.

Old 02-27-2007, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member
HCI Pics

Here are the pics from HCI magazine. Sorry not the greatest but better than nothing i guess.

Old 02-28-2007, 08:27 AM
There has been a lot of discussion about this sc, when is it really gonna be available ?

Old 03-02-2007, 07:21 AM
F!T
so how much whp should we expect from the 10-lb kit? sorry, kind of late on this. cause i was lookin at the hks turbo kit, and they're numbers were upto 180, dont think whp tho... just tryin to compare which would be better???

Old 03-02-2007, 01:44 PM
I have dibled and dabled with blowers for the past 10 years and I can tell you that 150F on the outlet is not optimum, but should not require an intercooler. I will say that I would really like to see tests of this 150F on 100 degree day at 10psi. I think that the compressor alone would be that hot sitting next to the exhaust manifold. Almost reminds me of the hotside s/c for the miata.

Ron

Old 03-02-2007, 05:17 PM
Lets see what I can update:

Lots and lots of changes here. We have new offices being built and things all over the place!

The Fit Manual 5 PSI kit is in Pre-Sales and are so close to shipping. I am as giddy as you guys!! The intake and discharge tubing is coming out of ceramic coating and electronics are getting finished up.

A lot of testing has been done in the past couple days in R&D for our NA Packages. We have been trying many different sized race headers, and have been on the dyno for a couple days now testing all of them. After our NA testing is finished, we will go back to being boosted.

Our automatic kit will get finalized soon, after the first shipment of 5 PSI Manuals. This is also when we will finalize our 10 PSI kit for production.

We are very excited to release our new kits to the FitFreak community! We will always inform the FitFreak.net forums of the latest updates in our Fit developments, Racing, etc.
Jackson Racing thanks you all for the support! We appreciate the feedback from the FitFreak.net members, as it is very important to our development.

Thanks again
-Oscar Jr.

Old 03-04-2007, 03:54 AM
Lets see what I can update:

Lots and lots of changes here. We have new offices being built and things all over the place!

The Fit Manual 5 PSI kit is in Pre-Sales and are so close to shipping. I am as giddy as you guys!! The intake and discharge tubing is coming out of ceramic coating and electronics are getting finished up.

A lot of testing has been done in the past couple days in R&D for our NA Packages. We have been trying many different sized race headers, and have been on the dyno for a couple days now testing all of them. After our NA testing is finished, we will go back to being boosted.

Our automatic kit will get finalized soon, after the first shipment of 5 PSI Manuals. This is also when we will finalize our 10 PSI kit for production.

We are very excited to release our new kits to the FitFreak community! We will always inform the FitFreak.net forums of the latest updates in our Fit developments, Racing, etc.
Jackson Racing thanks you all for the support! We appreciate the feedback from the FitFreak.net members, as it is very important to our development.

Thanks again
-Oscar Jr.
Oscar, please don't forget the international version as well! Since we are all waiting as well and if possible it would be nice also give us some update!

Old 03-04-2007, 10:46 PM
question to oscar. how in the world does one install this kit...?..lol ive done many of eaton blowers but here's the question. can u install the kit with motor in the car? The FIT and civic engine bays are soo tight. How are u able to install the piping? on a lift? thx. oh and theyll def. be on for auto right? considering that only 4800 07's were even 5spd manuals.

Old 03-05-2007, 03:33 AM
I 2nd chinafit, Ive been waiting for the release a date since SEMA.

Old 03-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by jdmfit07
question to oscar. how in the world does one install this kit...?..lol ive done many of eaton blowers but here's the question. can u install the kit with motor in the car? The FIT and civic engine bays are soo tight. How are u able to install the piping? on a lift? thx. oh and theyll def. be on for auto right? considering that only 4800 07's were even 5spd manuals.
We always make it so our kits can be installed in a customer's driveway, with common tools. The kit installs with the engine in the car. The piping is a pretty simple install. You are gonna need a jack and jack stands to get the front of the car off the ground for a small portion of the install. No lift is required, but they are nice if you have access to one.

An automatic kit will 99% happen. Had to leave a hanger...

-Oscar Jr.

Old 03-05-2007, 02:41 PM
wow this sounds soooo much more like something id buy! hahaha....too bad im in the midst of building the civic

Old 03-10-2007, 11:19 AM
5 Year Member
HCI magazine

Originally Posted by leonine
I got the HCI mag this morning. Have not looked at it yet but tonight i will try to take pics of the pages and put em up.
Could you give any insight on where to find this magazine? I have tried all my local news stands, Barnes and Nobles, and all the news stands I could find while waiting for a train in NYC, as well as e-mailing HCI directly, ( no response in more than a week). Thank you.

Old 03-10-2007, 12:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gthumb23
Could you give any insight on where to find this magazine? I have tried all my local news stands, Barnes and Nobles, and all the news stands I could find while waiting for a train in NYC, as well as e-mailing HCI directly, ( no response in more than a week). Thank you.
i lucked out and found it at a local convenience store in my area. Just luck of the draw i guess.

The writeup is really nice. Oscar has put a great deal of R&D into this from the looks of the article and this thread. I hope the A/T kit will be available soon. my personal opinion (not to bash anyone) is that this SC will be much more reliable IMO than the turbo options offered by other vendors. Dedicated oil (no tap on the engine) and i get to keep my mugen headers!

Good work Oscar hope to see the A/T kit soon.

Old 03-14-2007, 08:03 AM
what I'd like to know is when is it REALLY gonna be available? Sema was 3 months ago, they said it would be available by late DEC. or early January. Guess what? Its march, still no exact date of release.

Old 03-14-2007, 08:09 AM
5 Year Member
Relax dude! It'll come out when it comes out.

I'd rather JR take their time and come out with a 100% PERFECT product than a rush job that will be 95-100% when it comes out - especially if I'm seriously considering investing over $5000 US dollars(240,000 pesos) into it!

Old 03-14-2007, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by Wave
Relax dude! It'll come out when it comes out.

I'd rather JR take their time and come out with a 100% PERFECT product than a rush job that will be 95-100% when it comes out - especially if I'm seriously considering investing over $5000 US dollars(240,000 pesos) into it!
Thanks for the conversion...

Old 03-14-2007, 09:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jrovic
Thanks for the conversion...
Salamat!

Quick Reply: Jackson Racing please....