Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Jackson Racing please....

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 11:00 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
When is the freakin release date?!

Old 03-17-2007, 03:40 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by sLiVeRwOrM

I guess when they decide it's 100% complete, the would release it.

I'm patiently waiting for the AT kit.

Old 03-17-2007, 09:16 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sLiVeRwOrM
should be next month. I'm taking in the fit at the end of the month to have the first production model installed.

Old 03-18-2007, 12:13 AM
Just thinking....

Hi All, i am just thinking purely out of a regular folk point of view... all of us here bought a ~14000 dollar car, so i am wondering how many people will actually be willing to spend close to 4000 dollars on a supercharger.., I would absolutely love to buy one but,, heck i bought a 14000 dollar car exactly because it was cheap reliable honda...and spending 4 grand on a supercharger (which is 28% of the value of the car..).. just seems like a lot of money.. so i am wondering how many people will actually buy one (most that buy one i presume will be members of these forums).. so are there 100 or 200 or ? of you guys that are planning to buy one...
I WOULD LOVE to be able to purchase JR supercharger kit.. it seems like a solid product but somehow i can not justify spending 28% of the car's value on the kit...
I have been drooling on the JR's kit since it came out.. but reality of money kicks in..

Old 03-18-2007, 12:21 AM
Drive a boosted vehicle that weighs less than 2500lbs, it will change your perspective.

Originally Posted by db_et_ac
Hi All, i am just thinking purely out of a regular folk point of view... all of us here bought a ~14000 dollar car, so i am wondering how many people will actually be willing to spend close to 4000 dollars on a supercharger.., I would absolutely love to buy one but,, heck i bought a 14000 dollar car exactly because it was cheap reliable honda...and spending 4 grand on a supercharger (which is 28% of the value of the car..).. just seems like a lot of money.. so i am wondering how many people will actually buy one (most that buy one i presume will be members of these forums).. so are there 100 or 200 or ? of you guys that are planning to buy one...
I WOULD LOVE to be able to purchase JR supercharger kit.. it seems like a solid product but somehow i can not justify spending 28% of the car's value on the kit...
I have been drooling on the JR's kit since it came out.. but reality of money kicks in..

Old 03-19-2007, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
Light weight/ no frilz car + xtra HP = Fun for your $$'s worth!

I understand the statistical % of your thoughts, but with a payment so little, some people buy these honda's to do these exact things! THey could have spent more on their payments for a factory car the way they want it, but that would not be an experience!

It's all about the fun of it and the expereince of watching your car grow to be a faster machine and that you did it! It's Your OWN!

If you bought the Fit thinking in your MAX payments type of state, then I can see how one might think that the rest of the forum is in the same financial state. I think even if some of us aren't, there are a lot of people putting themselves into debt for their little performance projects anyway. This forum can be addictive...... if YOU are a ..... FIT FREAK!!

Last edited by gettinafit; 03-19-2007 at 10:55 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:56 PM
F!T
^
^
amen to that

Old 03-20-2007, 01:09 AM
5 Year Member
I'll second the statements of gettinafit. I can afford a GTI or A3 or MS3 but I'd still put another $6G's into it in suspension, wheels & tires (Tire Rack loves me, UPS hates me), and audio gear. That's about $30k for car and gear. On a Fit, I have more money to do more. Imagine the look on the GTI driver's face when he gets smoked by a little BOM. Not only does he get beat to the first turn but he's even further behind at the exit. For many years, the SCCA STS class has been dominated by the 88-91 Civic Si. Why does this little 108HP car crush all larger displacement, more powerful cars? Because it's light (400 lbs < the lightest Cooper) with a short wheelbase and tunable suspension. Sound familiar? I'm not saying the Fit is going to be a David among the Goliaths, but there are far worse starting points (anyone remember the US Granada?)

Old 03-20-2007, 08:52 AM
5 Year Member
No need to make it more clear to Member : "db et ac" I think that we have made ourselves pretty clear.

Now back to the topic of the thread, When is this JRSC comming out?

Old 03-21-2007, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by OscarJr@JacksonRacing
The Jackson Racing kit, as well as the Rotrex supercharger, come with a 2 year limited warranty. More information regarding the warranty will be available shortly.

Just wondering...will this warranty require professional dealer installation or will it not be honored if I install in my garage?

Old 03-21-2007, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
should be next month. I'm taking in the fit at the end of the month to have the first production model installed.

i want a ride forsure, and will this be the 5lb or the 10lb kit?

Old 03-28-2007, 09:58 AM
5 Year Member
Hey JR! Where's the rlease date? I see that Cris is getting his done as we speak! What's up?

Old 03-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Anxiously awaiting the release of the AT kit! Things have been awful silent lately!

Old 03-28-2007, 10:37 AM
5 Year Member
yeah me too!!!!

Oscar can you tell us what the difference will be between the A/T and M/T 5lb. kit? Is it just the piping or will the tune be different?

Old 03-28-2007, 12:06 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Theyre EXTREMELY busy right now over at JR. They are trying to get everything setup for the official release. Im sure Oscar will post something after the install is done on my car.

Old 03-29-2007, 03:21 AM
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
Theyre EXTREMELY busy right now over at JR. They are trying to get everything setup for the official release. Im sure Oscar will post something after the install is done on my car.
Nothing except I feel jealous!

We are still waiting for the international version to come out but most likely it would only after the AT version!

Old 03-29-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by pingpop
Drive a boosted vehicle that weighs less than 2500lbs, it will change your perspective.
amen to that....there is nothing quite like it, eheh of course mine was a lil wild..... fully built boosted b16 in a EF Si hatch..to think, i sold it to "grow up" and now 5 years later heading down the same path.............

Old 04-04-2007, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
bah! if only they'd install this thing at the dealership so I could keep my warrantee AND put down some more power

Old 04-05-2007, 02:14 PM
The New Edition Of Siphon Oage 044 And I Want One If I Win The Lotto

Old 04-05-2007, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by pingpop
Originally Posted by siccmonkey
amen to that....there is nothing quite like it, eheh of course mine was a lil wild..... fully built boosted b16 in a EF Si hatch..to think, i sold it to "grow up" and now 5 years later heading down the same path.............
Anybody who doesn't believe in power-to-weight ratio should come take a ride with me. I just bought a slightly damaged 2001 Toyota MR-S. I also bought a damaged 2007 Civic Si for an engine/tranny swap. With a curb weight of 2100lbs and a 200+whp K20Z3 swapped in the rear of the Spyder I don't think I'll have any problems converting anybody to the dark side....can you say "RWD CRX?" hehe....

Originally Posted by pocketrocket
bah! if only they'd install this thing at the dealership so I could keep my warrantee AND put down some more power
I believe Honda tried that about 10 years ago (with Jackson Racing, if I'm not mistaken) and it didn't sell all too well or something, so it was scrapped. The market is very, very different now and with John Mendel at the head of AHM (he came from Mazda) I wouldn't be surprised to see things head back in a similar direction, especially if Toyota can sell a supercharger under the TRD banner for their Scion brand.

Quick Reply: Jackson Racing please....